News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

If your gene test shows you are part wooly mammoth ;-) ... then a permafrost xeno-germ probably won't hurt you ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

New medical term ... self isolation.  Better than the Chinese method of welding your apartment door shut and leaving you to die ;-)

6,700 self isolating in California now.  Numbers growing rapidly in S Korea and Japan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I guess that's moderately better than self-immolating.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 21, 2020, 01:24:17 PM
I guess that's moderately better than self-immolating.

That only works if you are a Vietnamese Buddhist monk in the early 60s protesting the war in Saigon.  Introverts of course don't suffer much from self-isolation.  A large apartment block that shares HVAC or a cruise ship ... don't count as places of self isolation.

There is plenty of evidence, 2006-2007 and more recently, that virus weapons are being developed.  The Cold War agreements between the US and the Soviet Union didn't include China, which is pursuing their own aggressive fantasies.  Weaponized anthrax and small pox were feared back in 2001, but a bio-engineered virus is much more effective ;-(.

For the biology minded ...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1363710/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorkslincs/series11/week8_flu.shtml
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

US hits 35.  Quite a jump from 14.  Of those 21, 18 are from the Diamond Princess and 3 are from Japan.  Hopefully, these stay under wraps and don't spread any further.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 21, 2020, 11:56:53 PM
US hits 35.  Quite a jump from 14.  Of those 21, 18 are from the Diamond Princess and 3 are from Japan.  Hopefully, these stay under wraps and don't spread any further.

Should you be suspicious of any cheap cruise offers now? ;-(  I was once taken-in by a travel scam out of a boiler room in Florida, but plague wasn't included, that cost extra ;-)

PS ...

"S.Korea Coronavirus Cases Go Exponential As New Infections Soar By 70%; 10 Towns In Northern Italy Put On Lockdown" ... I bet Italy is glad now, that they have 300,000 Chinese guest workers!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L6r74kosn00

Interesting. Both gives a look into what societal influence is like when paired up with a cult like mentality, probably assumed they were immune due to their faith but ultimately made the problems far more reaching
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Korean native religion is female shamanistic.  This impacts the other religions there, including Christianity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Hundreds Of Animals Drop Dead In China After Being Poisoned By Virus Disinfectant" ... dead if you do, dead if you don't.

In Japan, about 2 dozen people let off of the cruise ship were never even tested for coronavirus first.

NIMBY Orange County CA is resisting having any quarantine unit set up there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Coronavirus compared to selected other outbreaks:

https://i.imgur.com/McngqWL.mp4

Granted, it's no Spanish Flu, but it's no joke, either.

Baruch

Stats are inaccurate for China and N Korea.  It is just "breakout" in Japan, S Korea and Italy.  Unfortunately Spanish Flu lasted a whole year worldwide, thanks to massive troop movements coming home from WW I, it spread quickly.  Now we have intercontinental air travel (which brings us Ebola and other love bugs).  The Bubonic Plague lasted 4 years initially in Europe, but killed fewer people (but higher percentage) ta the Spanish Flu.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Researchers Find 61.5% Of Coronavirus Patients With Severe Pneumonia Won't Survive" ... if you are vulnerable, and you get a severe case ... not surprising that our survival rate goes way down.  Time for you smokers to quit smoking and vaping.

"Most Patients In South Korean Psychiatric Ward Infected With Coronavirus" ... how come Congress is immune? ;-)

"Italy announces 79 cases, declares "national emergency"; Northern Italy put on lockdown." ... Mamma mia!  Time to send those Chinese quest workers back?

"Chinese scientists find virus in urine" ... third world countries lacking toilets, beware!

"Experts propose 27 day quarantine, say 14 days likely not long enough" ... because of severity of reaction in reinfection, how about a 12 month quarantine?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Chinese Scientists Find Coronavirus Did Not Originate In Wuhan Seafood Market" ... another report claims, that the bio-virus lab in Wuhan has been demolished.  Wonder why?  Bite of infected bat started this, the bat being a test subject at the lab?  Usually it should give you super-bat powers ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 22, 2020, 07:30:24 PM
Coronavirus compared to selected other outbreaks:

https://i.imgur.com/McngqWL.mp4

Granted, it's no Spanish Flu, but it's no joke, either.
Playing the video is more alarming than the initial static.  These things are never fun.  The first I can remember was an epidemic in high school somewhere in the 1950s.  One of my classes (normally consisting of 30 students) was down to 7 students for several days.  Making up all missed assignments was suspended for two weeks.  Then I got it after the two week suspension and had to make up my assignments.  There was another one that hit in 1967, which was the worst, and I was painfully sick.  I understood why people died from the flu.  In college, I remember watching an epidemic spread through the dormitory.  The question was not if you would get it but when. That one was bad, but not the worst.  It's been awhile since we've had a bad one.  There have been several alarms, but the last 30 or 40 years have been sort of germ free.  We are probably due for a bad one.

Baruch

Mostly I am thankful, that unlike older contemporaries, thanks to Dr Salk, I wasn't vulnerable to polio.  Don't know anyone who ever had it.  Had a couple flu cases.  Worse was stomach flu in 9th grade.  No fun at all.  Kids get things.  As an adult got bad bronchitis once, about 20 years ago.  Dry cough lasted a week.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.