News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2020, 01:25:15 PM
It's not necessary to imagine government (or other) weapons, nature can, and does, do quite well on its own bringing these things to us - with no malice at all.

Per my Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon ancestors, nature is hostile in tooth and nail.  Without civilization nobody would be posting anything, or live past 35 years old.  But yes, it must be quite a challenge to determine man-made vs nature-made gene changes, given that natural ones can be quite complicated.

"Crossover occurs when two chromosomes, normally two homologous instances of the same chromosome, break and then reconnect but to the different end piece. If they break at the same place or locus in the sequence of base pairs, the result is an exchange of genes, called genetic recombination."

Some say, nature keeps trying to kill of the Y-chromosome.  This makes Mother Nature quite the feminist ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Nature is not hostile, it's completely indifferent. It couldn't care less if we live or die, suffer or thrive.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2020, 03:20:30 PM
Nature is not hostile, it's completely indifferent. It couldn't care less if we live or die, suffer or thrive.

but ... you mirror that in your own attitude?  Sorry, as a humanist, I will always side with people, no matter how stupid they are ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2020, 12:13:21 AM
but ... you mirror that in your own attitude?  Sorry, as a humanist, I will always side with people, no matter how stupid they are ;-)

My grandmother had a humanist funeral, which instead of claiming where her soul ended up, instead celebrated her life and all she brought to the world in her children and their children
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

QuoteThe Kung Flu really isn't any more dangerous than regular flu.

I have no idea what the Kung Flu is, but if you mean the Wuhan Flu then that is just statistically wrong by every metric.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on February 09, 2020, 09:02:23 AM
I have no idea what the Kung Flu is, but if you mean the Wuhan Flu then that is just statistically wrong by every metric.
This year's flu season has had a mortality rate of about 7%, while the novel coronavirus ("Kung Flu") is closer to 2%. It is literally less than a third as deadly.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 09, 2020, 06:00:45 PM
This year's flu season has had a mortality rate of about 7%, while the novel coronavirus ("Kung Flu") is closer to 2%. It is literally less than a third as deadly.

Unfortunately the stats are misinterpreted.  Today's deaths have to be related to new confirmed patients of 7 or more days ago (assuming it takes 7 or more days to kill you).  I hear that people with this can be in intensive care for a lot longer than 7 days and survive it.  So basically, apples vs oranges comparison by ignorant reporters, via sloppiness in actual patient aggregation.

The press reports a much smaller typical flu mortality rate, but given the previous, I doubt it is correct.

So for example ...

Patient A1, A2 etc got diagnosed as having it on Feb 1 ... if it only kills you, after 7 days exactly, then the death stats are relevant on Feb 8, because those are the same patients, not patients who were diagnosed earlier or later.  I  have had to do patient stats, after the fact (infant wellness checks).  Hard to do, because nobody keeps patient stats at that level of detail, you basically have to review all relevant patient charts after the fact (and medical staff are unavailable to do this).  This doesn't happen in normal times, let alone while medical staff are dropping dead (they have more important things to worry about).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

A pretty glaring difference is that there are vaccines for the regular flu.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2020, 09:13:36 PM
A pretty glaring difference is that there are vaccines for the regular flu.

Correct, if one takes them before hand (and a new one every year).  And Chinese statistics are always too low, if it isn't good news for the Communists.  We will never know the actual numbers, because it is a Chinese state secret.  How to count the fatalities if the Chinese Army is going door to door shooting anyone who is sick, but hasn't cued to their makeshift hospitals (which may be pre-crematoria).  If there are enough infections outside of China (10,000 is statistically significant), in more democratic nations, then we may or may not see the real statistics.  Assuming our nations are even capable of being honest.  Again, to prevent panic and keep bio-weapons secret ...

PS - current statistics say?? 18% of victims get viral pneumonia.  That is what kills.  Without hospitalization, the death rate would be closer to 18%.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

More news ...

"Does A Sudden Surge In SO2 Levels Suggest A Huge Surge In Cremations Across China?" ... seen over Wuhan, and in Chungking, upriver from Wuhan.

'"Diamond Princess' Reports 66 New Coronavirus Infections As Passenger Insists 'Everything Is Fine'" ... being in a confined space, with patients, like an airplane or cruise ship, is a ship of fools.  This is the one at anchor off Japan.  Like schools filled with children, airplanes and cruise ships are petri dishes.

"Nine Members Of Hong Kong Family Infected WIth Coronavirus After Sharing Meal" ... also Chinese tradition of shared extended family meals ;-(

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 09, 2020, 06:00:45 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

The CDC reports the flu mortality rate is 0.05%. I don't know where that 7% is from and I cant find anything to back it, but it definitely doesn't match official government records.

If the flu's actual mortality rate was 7%, that would mean at least 1.54 million Americans died of flu just this season.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on February 10, 2020, 09:42:29 PM
Lard, help us!,,

Pray to Crisco, it is less fattening than actual lard.

People die from drowning in their lung fluids, or from general organ failure (which sounds a bit like the secondary effect of HIV to me).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

More plague news ...

"Pig ebola decimating millions of pigs in China; Coronavirus infecting tens of thousands in China and around the globe, and now bird flu killing Germany's chickens." ... gotta stop live shipment of livestock, and travel of humans.

"WHO Names Virus 'COVID-19', Warns "Must Do Everything Now... Vaccine Will Take 18 Months"" ... too late ;-(

"Hong Kong Coronavirus Expert Warns Outbreak Could Infect "Between 60%-80%" Of Humanity, Causing 51 Million Deaths" ... statistical science projection, and scientists are always right.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, we needn't worry. Trump says the coronavirus will be gone in April, when things heat up.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman