News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I realized in my 20s that a lot of adults weren't very smart and heavily mired in beliefs and traditions that were irrational.  I've wondered about that "just never noticed it before" thing too.  But I think this is most definitely a new extreme, and I think it might be related to the pandemic, and I think it often happens during times of fear or stress.  I watched normally rational friends become irrational in regards to Iraq and WMD, believing that Saddam was behind 9-11.  And that led to a national hysteria in the US that led to a pointless war.

Today, America is in a decline, losing the respect of our allies and the rest of the world, and this stresses people who believe they are superior, because they live in America.  Recognizing that it is not the case poses a threat to what they believe is the correct world order, and is a major psychological adjustment.  Humans don't handle the unfamiliar or unknown well at all.  The human default is not logic.  It is emotional and irrational.  That's why logic is learned and taught at higher institutions.

What happens under stress is that society goes collectively crazy, because as a group, we are always just a breath away from that mode to begin with.  This is a symptom of our decline, and the only people profiting from it are politicians, who find it advantageous to fan the disorder, and hucksters that make money from it.

Hijiri Byakuren

The next time someone makes a zombie movie, they'd better include the zombie denialists, the anti-curists, and the people who willingly try to embrace the zombies.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 12, 2021, 12:49:46 AM
The next time someone makes a zombie movie, they'd better include the zombie denialists, the anti-curists, and the people who willingly try to embrace the zombies.

How are we going to increase our resistance to zombification if we're not exposed to zombies? Just take some vitamin C and you'll be fine.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 12, 2021, 12:49:46 AMThe next time someone makes a zombie movie, they'd better include the zombie denialists, the anti-curists, and the people who willingly try to embrace the zombies.
The last one was in The Walking Dead.  In the comics, an adult deliberately hugged a zombie and intentionally got a huge chunk of her flesh bitten off.  Fiction is catching up to reality.

aitm

I never watched a zombie movie or any of the tv series. Do you mean to tell me in not one of these shows is there a gathering of Jesus freaks trying to wave snakes over their heads or have group prayers or even the occasional"miracle worker" smacking them on the head and voila "back to normal"?....sheesh....you'd think some of these director don't even believe in the power of jebus and his pork fearing daddy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Quote from: aitm on August 13, 2021, 11:27:36 AM
I never watched a zombie movie or any of the tv series. Do you mean to tell me in not one of these shows is there a gathering of Jesus freaks trying to wave snakes over their heads or have group prayers or even the occasional"miracle worker" smacking them on the head and voila "back to normal"?....sheesh....you'd think some of these director don't even believe in the power of jebus and his pork fearing daddy.

I remember there being an overtly Christian woman in the Telltale games, but the dilemma there was with what to do since she had been infected. Become a zombie or commit suicide? Neither option was "Christian," so she was short circuiting. There's also a priest in the TV show, but he's sacrificed some of his morals to improve his chances of survival. Other than those two, I feel like most survivors would find it difficult to continue to believe in a good an merciful god in the midst of a zombie apocalypse.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

The zombie apocalypse is God's punishment for gay marriage.  Although it's not exactly a surgical retaliation.  Eventually, everyone gets wiped out.  On the other hand, we are all sinners so who gives a crap anyway?

Hydra009

#4 in a top ten list of questions scientists still can't answer :,P

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 15, 2021, 03:32:33 PM

#4 in a top ten list of questions scientists still can't answer :,P
And there's Jack Kimble in his cap and gown, like he graduated from an institution of higher learning.  I think people like this invent logically absurd questions thinking that doubling down on their stupidity, will end the debate once and for all.

SGOS

OK, with a little digging, there is a Jack Kimble who claims to be running for congress, but I think he's one of those Alfred E. Neuman types that is just making a joke about our outrageously stupid political system.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on August 15, 2021, 05:07:19 PMOK, with a little digging, there is a Jack Kimble who claims to be running for congress, but I think he's one of those Alfred E. Neuman types that is just making a joke about our outrageously stupid political system.
Correct.  He neither holds office nor is running for office and his tweets are satirical in nature in a very similar way as Stephen Colbert's Republican persona.

Cassia

The number one killer of police last year was COVID-19. Of the 296 deaths, Officer Down website says 179 were due to COVID-19.
https://www.wfla.com/news/national/report-296-u-s-officers-were-killed-in-the-line-of-duty-in-2020-doubling-previous-year/

drunkenshoe

Ha, finally. We've kind of come full circle. It is a new phase, guys... Buckle up.

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 15, 2021, 03:32:33 PM

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Meanwhile the Jacksonville monoclonal treatment center moves to Main Library downtown

Mike Cl

Ahhhhhh, the real reason shows up. 
ANTI-MASK DESANTIS HAWKING COVID DRUG A TOP DONOR HAS MONEY IN.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us-virus-outbreak-florida-governor_n_611cd652e4b0e8ac7918df2a

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis â€" who has been criticized for opposing mask mandates and vaccine passports â€" is now touting a COVID-19 antibody treatment in which a top donor’s company has invested millions of dollars.

DeSantis has been flying around the state promoting Regeneron, a monoclonal antibody treatment that was used on then-President Donald Trump after he tested positive for COVID-19. The governor first began talking about it as a treatment last year.

Follow the money.  So true in sports and especially politics. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?