News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on June 24, 2020, 10:57:03 PM
Oh, I would love to come down on some knuckledragger who tried to use that.  ftbagency.com -- you know, a real government agency is .gov, not .com, we can start there.  I would cheerily chuck them out the door and dare them to sue under the ADA.  The judge would laugh their ass out of the courthouse.
I worked at a place that often took bad fake $20 bills, practically monopoly money.  I guaranteed you, few people are going to notice that.  I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.  This stuff works because of public ignorance.  Hell, this stuff is being made because of public ignorance.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 24, 2020, 10:55:56 PM
You can give Trumpettes facts, but you can't make them make them care.

Trump followers all descended from the Grinch.  The problem with Dems is their hearts are too big ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 24, 2020, 10:59:49 PM
I worked at a place that often took bad fake $20 bills, practically monopoly money.  I guaranteed you, few people are going to notice that.  I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.  This stuff works because of public ignorance.  Hell, this stuff is being made because of public ignorance.
Well, I just reported them to their domain provider that they're pretending to be a reporting agency for ADA complaints and offering fake "disability IDs".

Gotta fight stupid with truth.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on June 24, 2020, 11:17:14 PMWell, I just reported them to their domain provider that they're pretending to be a reporting agency for ADA complaints and offering fake "disability IDs".

Gotta fight stupid with truth.
Damn.  I just complain online, which has worked for me so far about zero percent of the time.  If I got shot, I'd probably make a status update before calling 911.  :P

Your way seems a little bit more effective.

Baruch

"OREGON COUNTY SAYS ONLY WHITE PEOPLE HAVE TO WEAR MASKS, MORALITY LAW IS HERE BABY" .. more to Oregon, where you can join the stoners discriminating against White people ;-)

""Volunteer" Hawaiians Turn "Paradise On Earth" Into An Island Of Snitches" ... Dr Zhivago meets luau.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

40,184 confirmed cases in the US today, 1.325 million currently infected

Houston's ICU beds are 100% full, begin using regular beds for critical care

Quote"It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s," Methodist Hospital CEO Dr. Marc Boom said. "That's how all hospitals operate."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaotiOp45dg

Baruch

Fortunately, the governor of Texas should be able to get all that unused equipment in NYC shipped down to Houston (same for Florida).

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Coronavirus Causes Weaponized 'Tentacles' To Sprout From Infected Cells, Directly Inject Virus Into New Ones" ... Andromeda Strain

"Florida, Texas Close Bars, Arizona Warns Hospital Capacity Limited, With US On Track For 3rd-Straight Record Jump" ... people survive because they adapt.  Things change, if you don't change with them, you die.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/coronavirus-cases-surge-heights-youth-disregard-200624185417037.html

The above article details what I think will end up being the biggest news about the virus, and the worst part of the virus.  The total disregard of the youth to the virus and the leaping number of cases among the 18-49 age range.  Too many  believe that this is simply the super flu--and that is not so.  It can attack most organs/systems of the entire body.  Strokes in the young are not uncommon.  I put most of this at the doorstep of the orange monster and the huge steam of non-facts, falsehoods, and chaos he has and is still spreading. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2020, 09:01:06 AM
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/coronavirus-cases-surge-heights-youth-disregard-200624185417037.html

The above article details what I think will end up being the biggest news about the virus, and the worst part of the virus.  The total disregard of the youth to the virus and the leaping number of cases among the 18-49 age range.  Too many  believe that this is simply the super flu--and that is not so.  It can attack most organs/systems of the entire body.  Strokes in the young are not uncommon.  I put most of this at the doorstep of the orange monster and the huge steam of non-facts, falsehoods, and chaos he has and is still spreading.

It is a Chinese bio-terror weapon, but it won't help Islam (or Al Jazeera).  The Han Chinese are the master race, Chinese politics/atheism is the pinnacle of civilization.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

US: 47,341 new cases yesterday.  Huge increase from yesterday, new record.
NC: 1,635 new cases yesterday.  Another big increase, 4th highest.  886 hospitalizations, which has steadily been climbing

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2020, 09:01:06 AMhttps://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/coronavirus-cases-surge-heights-youth-disregard-200624185417037.html

The above article details what I think will end up being the biggest news about the virus, and the worst part of the virus.  The total disregard of the youth to the virus and the leaping number of cases among the 18-49 age range.
My family mentioned that to me, which is weird because afaik, nearly all the mask-dodgers and the inept government leaders have been Boomers.

I don't doubt there are people my age who are idiots, but my personal experience is that me and all other the millennials I known personally have been doing our best to safeguard the older people.  I'm bunkered down.  My brother is working with facemask and faceshield.  A friend is working but away from other people.  And everyone else is working from home.  I dunno, maybe I'm just in a statistically exceptional subset.

Evidently, the latest round of reopenings has caused people - particularly younger people - to assume this is over and they're in the clear, which isn't true.

Imo, it's a combination of failed leadership from the federal level down to the state and local level (poor planning ahead of time, denialism when it hit, politicizing masks, botched lockdowns, premature reopenings, failure to mandate masks in time, etc) combined with a populace that largely won't listen and won't change their ingrained habits and way of life.  And the media hasn't helped - giving a false balance of dangerously antiscientific beliefs the same credibility as genuinely good advice, and also apparently getting bored with the coronavirus story, giving the false impression that it's no longer a big deal.  This mess isn't just one thing, but a cascade of idiocy and incaution.

Mike Cl

Yeah, Hydra, it took a pandemic to show exactly how stupid we are as a country. 

And I do appreciate your approach--us old people can use all the help we can get!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Yeah, well I feel like I've been in quarantine for years.  It hasn't been easy.

And the really disheartening thing is how parts of Asia and Europe handled it and are reopening for real, but the US (except for Hawaii) hasn't handled it and is indecisive between trying to decide between another round of lockdowns or just suffering through it.

I really hate being at what feels like ground zero for a plague year, not only the worst country but the worst part of the worst country, the South.  Almost anywhere else in the West and it would be handled in an adult way and I could go back to my life after a few months.  But here, I'm in goddamn purgatory and it just goes on and on.

GSOgymrat

When you can't support your medical opinions with scientific evidence, just wrap yourself in a flag, God and indignation.

https://youtu.be/433b5RJ9BME