A new perspective on this thing that we know as God.

Started by od19g6, December 31, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on March 08, 2020, 09:29:36 PM
"I have a dream."
The dream is ours to share
of somewhere better.

Martin Luther King had faith in his dream: this I believe.

And he died for it.  In Heaven he got his better world (since he was a Christian).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gregory on March 08, 2020, 09:29:36 PM
"I have a dream."
The dream is ours to share
of somewhere better.

Martin Luther King had faith in his dream: this I believe.
That statement did not make any sense.  But with you, that seems par for the course.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gregory

The King thing may have made sense if you were following the conversation.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 08, 2020, 06:45:19 PM

I've heard that the English language is the hardest to learn as a second language. Even harder than Chinese. Hard to see how it could be harder than, say, Welsh, or Basque, but what do I  know?

Truly? It was the easiest to learn, for me. Easier than French, even. And a lot easier than German.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 09, 2020, 07:15:04 AM
Truly? It was the easiest to learn, for me. Easier than French, even. And a lot easier than German.

French - all vowels, no consonants
German - all consonants, no vowels

Achtung!  En garde! 2100 years of verbal combat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2020, 09:34:24 PM
Semantics is hard in any language, it is universal.  Chinese is mostly homonyms.  The meaning of a spoken word relies much more on context than English.

This is why philosophers/psychologists use technical words, to avoid "meaning" arguments.  In a technical discussion with say, electrical engineers, one knows what "volt" means, one doesn't have to consult Plato.

What does Plato have to do with the meaning of "volt"?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 09, 2020, 02:08:43 PM

He drove one---didn't he?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 09, 2020, 02:08:43 PM

Philosophy is dead white men walking.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

My logical reasoning dictates me to believe that G-d must be nothing but an information-processing thing.

It must be taken as a thing because we are foreigners to its nature.

G-d damn it... We are still very young on this earh. So what?

So, human is nothing but his mind... We are not our members, that is, we are not our arms, feet, teeth, liver, or you name it... We are our mind. Right?

Amputate a person's arm, he is he again... Chop off his throat and integrate him with a mechanical body, he is he again...

Because there is no difference between intelligence versus artificial intelligence... There is just intelligence, without a requirement to a material body... You can also transfer the intelligence(or mind)...

This is sci. and tech., you bitch...
Not talking about fiction...

SoldierofFortune

By saying ''we are young on this earth'' i mean that the human intelligence is on the brink of transforming its mature era. by machine symbiosis...

Once the evolution of the intelligence begin, it's just unstopable...

New evolution is artificial selection and it selects not carbon but silicon...

There is no way out for human being to add a new layer to its brain... This is nothing but an imperative to survive... Now that we are surviving by our intelligience and tool-making abilities(tech.) yes, we can't run like cheetah but we can produce Ferrari, u'know, it's science bitch :D no fiction...

Mike Cl

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 20, 2020, 08:07:15 PM
My logical reasoning dictates me to believe that G-d must be nothing but an information-processing thing.

It must be taken as a thing because we are foreigners to its nature.

G-d damn it... We are still very young on this earh. So what?

If god is real (which it is not) can anything in this universe can be foreign to it's nature????  Makes no sense.  Why label it G-d?  Are you afraid of it????  That would be like being afraid of Pecos Bill or Bugs Bunny.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 20, 2020, 08:41:53 PM
If god is real (which it is not) can anything in this universe can be foreign to it's nature????  Makes no sense.  Why label it G-d?  Are you afraid of it????  That would be like being afraid of Pecos Bill or Bugs Bunny.

Think of a brain which tries hard to understand itself...

I mean, we are using our brains to understand the nature of this organ.

that is, a brain which is foreign to its own nature...

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 20, 2020, 08:49:09 PM
Think of a brain which tries hard to understand itself...

I mean, we are using our brains to understand the nature of this organ.

that is, a brain which is foreign to its own nature...

Atoms are intelligent, otherwise the aggregation, random or orderly, or atoms, wouldn't be intelligent ... or conscious or alive ... unless of course the whole is greater than the parts.  If the whole is greater than the parts (including emergentism) then there are characteristics of aggregates of atoms that are not true of the atoms themselves.  See my post today on "Reality" in the Physics & Astronomy section.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.