A new perspective on this thing that we know as God.

Started by od19g6, December 31, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
Why can't God just tell all of us what he wants us to now? Why limit his messaging to a small number of people, whom the rest of us then have to believe are God's spokespersons?

That's just stupid. And you're stupid if you believe it.
Well unbeliever, the truth is every human being is a spokesperson for God. We can have inspirations from God for the simple fact that the human is truly a spiritual being.

God doesn't "tell" human beings in human words, matter of fact words are far insignificant to even describe God. Just like it says in the qur'an: "there is nothing like unto Him".
This may be a shocker, every thing we say about God is wrong. God is beyond creation, beyond the physical universe, has no beginning and has no end, and God is beyond language.

The things that you hear in religion about God being all-knowing, all-powerful, etc. While all those are true, they're wrong at the same time. Those words pale in comparison of what God truly is. Those are just limited languages that is all we have to try and convey this thing that is God. Basically everything that we ever know about anything, God is "beyond that".

Like I said earlier to "absolutely" try and know God you have to know the Prophets / Messengers / Manifestations of God.
These beings have a special type of inspiration from God that only happens around about every 1000 years, and when it happens they bring a whole new revelation to the world of humanity.

Those being are the Ones that the human beings get their divine education form. And they fine tune the spiritual reality that is in the human being.

Baha'u'llah says:
"And since there can be no tie of direct intercourse to bind the one true God with His creation, and no resemblance whatever can exist between the
transient and the Eternal, the contingent and the Absolute, He hath ordained that in every age and dispensation a pure and stainless Soul be made manifest in the kingdoms of earth and heaven...
These Essences of Detachment, these resplendent Realities are the channels of God's all-pervasive grace. Led by the light of unfailing guidance, and invested with supreme sovereignty, they are commissioned to use the inspiration of Their words, the effusions of Their
infallible grace and the sanctifying
breezes of Their Revelation for the cleansing of every longing heart and receptive spirit from the dross and dust of earthly cares and limitations".

Unbeliever

Yeah, whatever. Go peddle your drivel to someone who gives a shit.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 07:54:27 PM
Here's a shocker, every thing we say about God is wrong.

Does that apply to you?

Guess you can leave then.

od19g6

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 04, 2020, 08:17:12 PM
Does that apply to you?

Guess you can leave then.
Did you read the context?

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 08:04:30 PM
So I'm guessing you don't want the list?

Unbeliever

I've been waiting for days for you to tell us what names and attributes you're referring to. I get tired of being given the run around.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sal1981

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 08:38:07 PM
I've been waiting for days for you to tell us what names and attributes you're referring to. I get tired of being given the run around.
I already said I'll get the list, but I got kind of confused when you say take my views somewhere else.

So I kindly ask as a yes or no, would you like the list?

od19g6

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 04, 2020, 08:41:18 PM
Answer my question: Does it apply to you?
It applies to all physical thing, all creatures, and all languages. Like I said, even if you say God is all-knowing or all-powerful, even though those things are correct, at the same time they're ultimately wrong. God is far beyond the mere language of all-knowing or all-powerful. Those are just languages that we're just limited to to convey this thing that is God. We can only only use things that we know to describe and convey God. Even though God is beyond those.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 06:53:44 PM
Neither you nor I have done any of those things. Only collections of humans can do any of them.

So, again - does that mean God is only in the collective?

I have done a small thing ... typed this out.  A rock can't do that.  Atheists are materialists.  All things are rocks to them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
Why can't God just tell all of us what he wants us to know? Why limit his messaging to a small number of people, whom the rest of us then have to believe are God's spokespersons?

That's just stupid. And you're stupid if you believe it.

G-d doesn't bother with monkey people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 08:04:30 PM

I found it marginally interesting.  I think he is our first Bahai ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

od19, you only talk about the physical manifestation of your god.  And how humans are different than animals.  I would suggest there is no difference between humans and other animals.  Some animals can and do build cities--and states--and countries.  Many animals (maybe most) have languages.  Some sacrifice themselves for the better of the whole.  Some render aid to others of their species for no known reason other than it is the right thing to do. 

You make statements and don't back them up.  I don't think your statements are correct.  As an atheist, I don't 'believe' in anything.  I don't believe the sun will rise tomorrow.  I know it will rise tomorrow.  Why?  because, in fact, it does not 'rise'; the Earth is spinning while rotating around the sun, which makes it seem that the sun is rising.  Knowing that, I don't 'believe' the sun will rise--I know it will. And if it doesn't, then I will rethink my position.  So, you see, beliefs just don't exist in my world of reasoning and critical thinking.  I think something is right or something is wrong.  I will, and have, changed  my mind when shown proof that I was wrong. 

I don't see any reasoning in what you write.  You make statements with no proof, and expect me to simply buy into what you assert.  I reject as being wrong all of your statements.  You believe (is accepting a notion without the need of proof of any kind) god is---I think god is not and never was.  Why do you believe that?  (I suspect it is because it is so much easier to believe rather than look for proof and apply critical thinking)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2020, 09:46:55 PM
od19, you only talk about the physical manifestation of your god.  And how humans are different than animals.  I would suggest there is no difference between humans and other animals.  Some animals can and do build cities--and states--and countries.  Many animals (maybe most) have languages.  Some sacrifice themselves for the better of the whole.  Some render aid to others of their species for no known reason other than it is the right thing to do. 

You make statements and don't back them up.  I don't think your statements are correct.  As an atheist, I don't 'believe' in anything.  I don't believe the sun will rise tomorrow.  I know it will rise tomorrow.  Why?  because, in fact, it does not 'rise'; the Earth is spinning while rotating around the sun, which makes it seem that the sun is rising.  Knowing that, I don't 'believe' the sun will rise--I know it will. And if it doesn't, then I will rethink my position.  So, you see, beliefs just don't exist in my world of reasoning and critical thinking.  I think something is right or something is wrong.  I will, and have, changed  my mind when shown proof that I was wrong. 

I don't see any reasoning in what you write.  You make statements with no proof, and expect me to simply buy into what you assert.  I reject as being wrong all of your statements.  You believe (is accepting a notion without the need of proof of any kind) god is---I think god is not and never was.  Why do you believe that?  (I suspect it is because it is so much easier to believe rather than look for proof and apply critical thinking)

Same as a groundhog?  Will you see your shadow on Groundhog Day, Mike CL? ;-)  People here are mostly sharks.  Some theists like to skinny dip in the shark tank (scene from Dr No).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 09:29:57 PM
It applies to all physical thing, all creatures, and all languages. Like I said, even if you say God is all-knowing or all-powerful, even though those things are correct, at the same time they're ultimately wrong. God is far beyond the mere language of all-knowing or all-powerful. Those are just languages that we're just limited to to convey this thing that is God. We can only only use things that we know to describe and convey God. Even though God is beyond those.
That's a contradiction in terms, another Catch-22 too.

You say we can't know god, yet you profess knowledge of a god. Can't you see how this contradiction makes any claim you later profess to know about it will nullify it?