Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jagella

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 08:39:21 PM
the death of Hitler as an example ...

That's a very interesting video. I'm acquainted with some of the questions regarding Hitler's death. So do you agree or not that Hitler escaped capture by the Russians and fled to either Spain or Argentina? I don't think there's enough evidence to tell.

Baruch

Quote from: Jagella on June 05, 2019, 10:19:04 PM
That's a very interesting video. I'm acquainted with some of the questions regarding Hitler's death. So do you agree or not that Hitler escaped capture by the Russians and fled to either Spain or Argentina? I don't think there's enough evidence to tell.

There was a different excellent documentary, based on E German sources, that says that the bodies of the Goebbels family were reinterred at a certain place in Magdeburg.  Also the bodies of Eva Braun and Adolph Hitler are under the floor of a garage in Magdeburg.  A supposed saved skull cap bone, saved in Berlin, that was Hitler's was recently proven to be a woman's (Eva's).

Morbid stuff, like the story of what happened to Einstein's brain.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Jagella on June 05, 2019, 10:19:04 PM

The odds of Hitler escaping Berlin are vanishingly small.  He was so surrounded by armies looking for him, that no disguise was likely to work.  Mussolini couldn't even get out of Italy.  Dictators seldom survive their downfall.

I have no reason to doubt that Hitler died in his bunker.  And at this point, what would it matter?  It's almost like worrying where Genghis Khan is buried. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 02:16:27 AM
The odds of Hitler escaping Berlin are vanishingly small.  He was so surrounded by armies looking for him, that no disguise was likely to work.  Mussolini couldn't even get out of Italy.  Dictators seldom survive their downfall.

I have no reason to doubt that Hitler died in his bunker.  And at this point, what would it matter?  It's almost like worrying where Genghis Khan is buried.

neo-Nazis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jagella

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 02:16:27 AMI have no reason to doubt that Hitler died in his bunker.  And at this point, what would it matter?  It's almost like worrying where Genghis Khan is buried.

It would be very interesting if Hitler did escape capture alive. Can you imagine living next door to him in Argentina? Think of the war stories he might tell.

Cavebear

Quote from: Jagella on June 07, 2019, 10:29:07 PM
It would be very interesting if Hitler did escape capture alive. Can you imagine living next door to him in Argentina? Think of the war stories he might tell.

This is where is gets stupid.  Suppose there ARE unicorns, but wherever you look, that's not where they are.  Or suppose there is an ocean animal called a Behemoth that eats whales and we never quite noticed it.  Or dragons.  Or invisible aliens.  Or sky-gods who make thunder.  Stop being so irrational.

Besides, I have it on the best authority (Faux News) that Hitler is alive and well and calls Bingo numbers in Florida...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 09, 2019, 01:49:39 PM
This is where is gets stupid.  Suppose there ARE unicorns, but wherever you look, that's not where they are.  Or suppose there is an ocean animal called a Behemoth that eats whales and we never quite noticed it.  Or dragons.  Or invisible aliens.  Or sky-gods who make thunder.  Stop being so irrational.

Besides, I have it on the best authority (Faux News) that Hitler is alive and well and calls Bingo numbers in Florida...

Correct, I believe I have seen a "Hitler Rants" video where he complains he was ripped off buying property in Miami ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2019, 02:04:08 PM
Correct, I believe I have seen a "Hitler Rants" video where he complains he was ripped off buying property in Miami ;-)

Never trust Florida real estate agents...  My sister regrets buying that 12' "Trump Wharf"...  Home Depot had the same thing half price.

Baruch

Well at least you didn't get indigestion from his Trump Steaks ;-)

The US and the Vatican famously aided Nazis, more useful than Hitler, to escape justice.  Because we are all evil as shit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 10, 2019, 08:33:17 AM
Well at least you didn't get indigestion from his Trump Steaks ;-)

The US and the Vatican famously aided Nazis, more useful than Hitler, to escape justice.  Because we are all evil as shit.

The NATO nations understood it wasnt the beaten Nazis that were the threat by the end of WWII, it was the Soviets.  One problem at a time.  The US did the best it could from afar.

NATO might have ruined the Soviets or they might have ruined themselves, but they fell eventually.  Do you prefer Russian's or the Soviets?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 02:48:19 AM
The NATO nations understood it wasnt the beaten Nazis that were the threat by the end of WWII, it was the Soviets.  One problem at a time.  The US did the best it could from afar.

NATO might have ruined the Soviets or they might have ruined themselves, but they fell eventually.  Do you prefer Russian's or the Soviets?

I agree, that General Patton was nuts.  Nothing so horrible as WW I-WW II .... could be optimum.  And I credit the Soviets for being allies.  Yes, the Soviet Union and China (all factions) won WW II.  The US was already performing the British Imperial policy of being a spoiler for any other power.

FDR wasn't perfect, but of course much better than Stalin.  Of course critics are never happy with anyone.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 04:42:44 AM
I agree, that General Patton was nuts.  Nothing so horrible as WW I-WW II .... could be optimum.  And I credit the Soviets for being allies.  Yes, the Soviet Union and China (all factions) won WW II.  The US was already performing the British Imperial policy of being a spoiler for any other power.

FDR wasn't perfect, but of course much better than Stalin.  Of course critics are never happy with anyone.

Most successful field generals are nuts.  You have to be mind-bendingly obsessed to be brilliant.  Not that I mentioned Patton, BTW (or did I)?

I understand what you mean about "The US was already performing the British Imperial policy of being a spoiler for any other power".  We could have, after all, dealt perfectly well with a Nazi Europe in trade and I've always been surprised they never realized that.  In a limited tactical sense (not considering ethics) the Nazis really blew WWII.  They could have said, we got Europe, wanna trade goods and get rich?

And then just guarded the Eastern Front. 

Baruch

And that is why I DON'T want to be in a position to make those kind of decisions!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 08:34:08 AM
And that is why I DON'T want to be in a position to make those kind of decisions!

As the computer in 'War Games' discovered, "Sometimes the only way to win is not to play".