News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Milkshakes a deadly weapon.

Started by Munch, May 10, 2019, 10:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

In complaining about the ongoing witch hunt, Trump said "I'll get you Crazy Nancy - and your little dog, too!"
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 10:16:42 AM
At least Achilles and Hector were alpha males.  Thersites (look him up) and Paris were beta males.  Which would you rather be?

In childhood games, I was Hector.  Achilles had a goddess advantage and even then, I didn't like that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 26, 2019, 05:29:50 PM
In complaining about the ongoing witch hunt, Trump said "I'll get you Crazy Nancy - and your little dog, too!"

Source?

Unbeliever

Source? Right out of my ass...  :-P
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 28, 2019, 02:06:46 PM
Source? Right out of my ass...  :-P

Well, in my career, I certainly ran into many "rectal extractions" from illogical people presenting unsupported opinions.  I worked closely with some of those people, and learned that they just thought their opinions were "as valid as the next person's".  I used to amuse myself by asking them some questions about their work that involved facts.  They didn't really pay much attention to facts.  What mattered to them was whether their opinions furthered their goals. 

I do not understand such people.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2019, 12:14:19 AM
Well, in my career, I certainly ran into many "rectal extractions" from illogical people presenting unsupported opinions.  I worked closely with some of those people, and learned that they just thought their opinions were "as valid as the next person's".  I used to amuse myself by asking them some questions about their work that involved facts.  They didn't really pay much attention to facts.  What mattered to them was whether their opinions furthered their goals. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=670ZGMBjrPI

How did you survive in government?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2019, 12:23:08 AM
How did you survive in government?
I fought the idiots and reasoned with those able to do it. 

And I'm doing it here.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2019, 03:07:44 AM
I fought the idiots and reasoned with those able to do it. 

And I'm doing it here.

You will never be PM then ;-}  Your political science education apparently ignored Machiavelli.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2019, 10:25:55 AM

You will never be PM then ;-}  Your political science education apparently ignored Machiavelli.

I studied him to understand what the crazy people do.  And that is pretty much anything.  I don't go that way. 

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2019, 12:14:19 AM

Ever seen the Wizard of Oz?
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 31, 2019, 01:35:37 PM
Ever seen the Wizard of Oz?

You mean The Wizard?  I always felt sorry for him.  He was as much a prisoner there as Dorothy.  Struggling not to be killed by the East and West Witches.  But without the Ruby slippers.

I actually think quite well of 'The Wiz', BTW...  That guy in the subway was GOOD.  And the Lion as the NYC Library statues?  Good.  But Michael Jackson did the Scarecrow to perfection.  Not that Ray Bolger didn't nail it too.  But the Wiz folks had time to think about the roles more.

Unbeliever

Well, the Wicked Witch of the West told Dorothy "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 31, 2019, 02:15:24 PM
Well, the Wicked Witch of the West told Dorothy "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"

Both the Wicked Witch and I think town Mayor named Almira Gultch said that, I think.  I can't be sure.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2019, 10:47:21 AM
I studied him to understand what the crazy people do.  And that is pretty much anything.  I don't go that way.

Being crazy is a prerequisite of politics.  I consider political science on the same level as LeVey Satanism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2019, 04:42:55 PM
Being crazy is a prerequisite of politics.  I consider political science on the same level as LeVey Satanism.

I don't think you have to be technically crazy to be a politician (many become one with the best of intentions and I'm sure some remain so), but you do need to be both obsessed and have a megalomania complex.  Well, OK, that's CLOSE to crazy.  Begging for money AND feeling superior to others IS quite a trick.