News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Plu on February 03, 2019, 03:34:23 AM
Doubtful, given that I am not a theist and Arik is not 2 people.

Well. I haven't seen much yet that suggests you are an atheist.  You might well be, but I haven't seen anything to demonstrate it.  It's not like I know you from years past.  Just a thought.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 03:47:24 AM
Well. I haven't seen much yet that suggests you are an atheist.  You might well be, but I haven't seen anything to demonstrate it.  It's not like I know you from years past.  Just a thought.

Check your White paranoid privilege ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2019, 03:59:57 AM
Check your White paranoid privilege ;-)

You never cease to misunderstand any statement, do you?  OK, here it is word by word!

1.  I can't see anything "White" about atheism.
2.  I don't see anything "paranoid" about looking for evidence that people who claim to be atheist are.  I've seen posters at other sites evade direct answers for many months until they finally let on that they are theists in a moment of anger.  And a few here for shorter times.
3.  "Privilege".  Yeah that's real funny.  Whens the last time being an "atheist" made anyone "privileged" in any way.  We are and will be the last hated group.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

You don't "get it".  Your universal suspicion = paranoia (not literally).  "Woke" politics is all about "check your White privilege".  Neither of which involve atheism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Plu on February 02, 2019, 10:34:55 AM
I really think you need to read up on the words "natural" and "supernatural" in the dictionary before there is any point to continuing this discussion.

The dictionary may say that natural is what we understand and supernatural is what we or the science can not understand.

In reality whether we understand or not there is no such a thing as non natural because it is all natural.
I know that all this may sound a bit strange but as a dog can not understand our level of awareness most people also can not understand that may exist a superior awareness such as God and that is why so many people come to the wrong conclusion that there is nothing outside our awareness.

The problem for these people is that they have a wrong understanding of what evolution is all about.
They are still stuck to the feeling that what can not be understood does not exist.
At least a dog doesn't understand because his awareness is tiny but for an human there is no excuses.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Baruch

Post-humanism.  Many people here are dog lovers.  So they consider dogs to be higher beings than themselves.  As a cat person, I know they are completely wrong, and my cats agree.  Worshippers of Bastet unite!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 01:34:30 AM
Are we actually witnessing a debate about logic from 2 theists (Plu and Arik)?  Amazing...
That would require Plu to be a theist, and Arik to be a debater.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2019, 10:28:29 AM
Post-humanism.  Many people here are dog lovers.  So they consider dogs to be higher beings than themselves.  As a cat person, I know they are completely wrong, and my cats agree.  Worshippers of Bastet unite!

According to yoga dogs and monkeys that are sharing the company of humans find very easy to evolve quickly to the stage of humans in the next reincarnation.
On the other hand many humans that like some animals over the normal will be reborn as animals.
It is a law of nature to enter the dimension that is mostly compatible with our desires that is why my desires are focus towards God rather than material-mundane objects.
However I like (like only nothing over the normal) the magpies that live around my house and i regularly feed by hands.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on February 01, 2019, 07:36:22 AM
Atheists are not the only people that are allowed to ask for evidence after all.
"Betcha can't prove a negative" is not skepticism, it's a burden-shifting technique masquerading as an argument.

You're no skeptic.  You're not fooling anyone.

Baruch

Magpies are among the smarter birds.  Like cats and dogs, they are probably using you, for their own purposes ;-)  Woke .. like welfare denizens.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 04, 2019, 12:42:22 PM
Magpies are among the smarter birds.  Like cats and dogs, they are probably using you, for their own purposes ;-)  Woke .. like welfare denizens.

Now you make me feel like a fool.

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 04, 2019, 10:23:44 AM
"Betcha can't prove a negative" is not skepticism, it's a burden-shifting technique masquerading as an argument.

You're no skeptic.  You're not fooling anyone.

I guess it must be very hard to fool someone however is very easy to fool ourselves.

Personally I don't try to fool either.
What about you Hydra?

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on February 05, 2019, 09:30:48 AM

I guess it must be very hard to fool someone however is very easy to fool ourselves.

Personally I don't try to fool either.
What about you Hydra?

Even Heracles had a hard time slaying the Hydra ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2019, 12:35:47 PM
Even Heracles had a hard time slaying the Hydra ;-)

Tell me about you if you don't mind Baruch.

You like history, philosophy and a lot of other things but what is your real agenda in life?
Thanks.

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on February 06, 2019, 09:31:56 AM

Tell me about you if you don't mind Baruch.

You like history, philosophy and a lot of other things but what is your real agenda in life?
Thanks.

Later, after work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.