Damned Catholics - The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

This is What the Bible's God is really like.

*God creates evil
*God does evil
*God brings evil
*God sends evil spirits
*God lies
*God tells people to lie
*God rewards liars
*God killed repeatedly
*God killed over 50,000 people because a few looked into the Ark
*God repeatedly ordered killing
*God ordered killing of children
*God excused a murderer and promised him protection
*God repeatedly made false and unfulfilled prophecies
*God is very unjust
*God orders or causes cannibalism
*God intentionally gave bad laws
*God loses his temper
*God is often jealous
*God ordered a man to marry a harlot
*God ordered a man to purchase his wife
*God caused adultery
*God broke up families
*God requires women to marry the man who raped them
*God requires unbetrothed virgins to marry the man who seduced them
*God punishes bastards for being illegitimate
*God killed a man for refusing to impregnate his widowed sister-in-law
*God punishes children for their father's sins
*God supports human sacrifice
*God punishes many for the acts of one person
*God mandated infinite punishment for finite sins
*God rewards both the fool and the transgressor
*God "mingled a perverse spirit"
*God delivered an innocent man into Satan's hands
*God ordered stealing
*God causes dumbness, deafness and blindness
*God demanded that 16,000 virgins be given to soldiers as spoils of war, and 32 virgins be set aside for himself

And on, and on, and on!

And you think this monster is worthy of praise and worship!? We're all extremely lucky such a thing doesn't exist!

Why don't you try actually reading the Bible instead of just thumping it?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jonathan

You do know quite a lot about the Bible, though most of those facts are without clarifying context, some are true. The same judgments that befell some in the Bible days are still in effect today. Though we are living under grace, the same unbiased judgment that befell some of those you cited, will also be applied to every person eventually. We are all guilty of sin, but that’s why Jesus came, to forgive us of our trespasses, and to cleanse us from our sinful nature. The grave sin that will send men to hell is rejecting the Son of God, given to all who will accept him as Savior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbeliever

Would you stop preaching at us, it's really annoying. We come here so we don't have to put up with that shit!
God Not Found

Jonathan

I’m not trying to preach at you, just trying to have an honest conversation

Hydra009

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 04:20:53 PM
Well , that’s a lot to respond to, but I am very comfortable in my beliefs. After all, religion is the opioid of the masses, right ;)
These days, it's the fentanyl of the masses.

Unbeliever

You can't have an honest conversation, all you want to do is convert us to your stupid cult. Stop it.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 04:20:53 PM
Well , that’s a lot to respond to, but I am very comfortable in my beliefs. After all, religion is the opioid of the masses, right ;) As far as those other Gods, they all stem from Nimrod. As for Jehovah God, there is an astronomical amount of evidence that He exists. As far as objectively, the heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork. There is so much design in our world it is beyond the possibility that it is by chance. You have to have more faith to believe their is no God, than there is.

Sorry, but that statement is so silly, it is almost beyond  comment.  I don't have a single belief and I have faith in nothing.  But I do have reasoning and a reliance on facts, not fancy such as you suggest.  Can you produce for me one bit of 'evidence' that your "Jehovah God" (whatever that is) exists.  And nature is not a proof for god of any kind--in fact, I see it as proof against god.  Where you see design, I see chaos. 

I'm sure you are comfortable with your belief.  It takes no effort to just believe and put a stamp of approval of 'you just gotta have faith' on those beliefs.  I call it willful ignorance.  But as you are a theist, I'm sure you don't want to think about stuff like this.  I'm not sure you are even capable.  And it would be nice if you would give a brief into to yourself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Jonathan

So, explain to me what truth is, and where it came from? Why is murder wrong, or is it?

Baruch

As the Bible says, believing in G-d doesn't do you any good.  The demons believe in G-d, and quake in fear.  Humans are demons.  To Hell with them.  US since Jan 2016 ... hey we are already in Hell, yeah, go Demons! (HS mascot for my HS).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 06:54:19 PM
So, explain to me what truth is, and where it came from? Why is murder wrong, or is it?

I hate to be blunt with a nice young person like yourself.

It is wrong to kill the wrong people.  It is right to kill the right people.  Read Exodus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

Capital punishment isn’t murder, do you think?

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 06:58:37 PM
Capital punishment isn’t murder, do you think?

There is only killing.  There is no murder.  Murder is a BS legal fiction.  When you kill with permission (say of G-d) it isn't murder, it is justifiable homicide.  When the government does the same thing (see secular government is a kind of pagan god), then the same rule applies.  You as an individual are not authorized to kill (because if you do, the government will want to kill you too).

Capital punishment is killing.  But it is authorized by the government (aka organized crime).  Apostle Paul says, do what the government tells you to do, because G-d created the government to rule over you.  Yes, that is true, because G-d is the ultimate "god father".  Capische?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 06:54:19 PM

"And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."  Jeremiah 25:33

Does that sound to you like a loving God?
God Not Found

Jonathan

It’s like this, if there were a gang of killers running loose and their known intent was to kill as many as possible, and then the good guys came in and wiped em out, that’s not murder. Same with the scripture you quoted, God is going to wipe out the bad guys.