Damned Catholics - The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

Since they can't seem to stop the scandal we should not stop pointing their perversions out!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/19/world/europe/pope-francis-bishop-alexander-salazar-los-angeles.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

QuotePope Ousts Los Angeles Bishop After Allegation of Misconduct with a Minor

The fuckers never seem to be in a hurry!

QuoteArchbishop Gomez, who took over in Los Angeles in 2011, acknowledged that the archdiocese had known of the accusation against Bishop Salazar since 2005, a year after he had been ordained a bishop, but had allowed him to keep working.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

The current pope, Francis, was just a PR move on the part of the RCC to improve their image. It worked, too, to a large extent. But his "sweetness" is wearing off now, I think.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Minimalist

He's a phony like all the rest of the pervert bastards.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Yeah, no telling how much "fondling" he's gotten away with over decades.
God Not Found

Minimalist

And now, Illinois.

Time to start locking these motherfuckers up!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/19/us/illinois-attorney-general-catholic-church-priest-abuse.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

QuoteIllinois Attorney General Says Catholic Church Withheld Names of at Least 500 Accused Priests

So much for the "it was just a handfull" bullshit.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

How could these priests possibly believe that their God was watching them abuse those children? I submit that they do not believe in any God at all, they just use the idea for their convenience.

Quote from: Martin BuberSince the primary motive of the evil is disguise, one of the places where evil people are most likely to be found is within the Church. What better way to conceal one's evil from oneself, as well as from others, than to be a deacon or some other highly visible form of Christian within our culture?...I do not mean to imply that the evil are anything other than a small minority among the religious or that the religious motives of most people are in any way spurious. I mean only that evil people gravitate toward piety for the disguise and concealment it can offer them.
God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 19, 2018, 06:38:06 PM
How could these priests possibly believe that their God was watching them abuse those children? I submit that they do not believe in any God at all, they just use the idea for their convenience.
My usual assumption is that religious representatives would be used car salesmen if there wasn't a religious flock to fleece. 

But the sex stuff is different.  I don't know what drives all these religious figures to abuse children.  OK, they are sexually frustrated, but there is something else involved...  I don't know what it is.  Heirarchy?  God-given rights?  An escape from insanity?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 21, 2018, 09:10:43 AM
My usual assumption is that religious representatives would be used car salesmen if there wasn't a religious flock to fleece. 

But the sex stuff is different.  I don't know what drives all these religious figures to abuse children.  OK, they are sexually frustrated, but there is something else involved...  I don't know what it is.  Heirarchy?  God-given rights?  An escape from insanity?

Tradition! - Tevye.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on December 21, 2018, 09:10:43 AM

Opportunism preying on the most vulnerable among us. The path of least resistance.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 21, 2018, 02:15:16 PM
Opportunism preying on the most vulnerable among us. The path of least resistance.

Any intelligent predator would agree.  If you are not a predator, then you have earned a Darwin Award.

Cavebear ... no, you wouldn't get it in a million years.  You aren't Jewish.  You aren't religious.  You aren't traditional.  You are like the man who has never been to NYC, telling some rubes all about it.  A bit like Paul.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 21, 2018, 07:08:44 PM

Cavebear ... no, you wouldn't get it in a million years.  You aren't Jewish.  You aren't religious.  You aren't traditional.  You are like the man who has never been to NYC, telling some rubes all about it.  A bit like Paul.

I disagree.  Yes, I'm not Jewish.  But my ancestors lived in pathetic sod one-room huts in England and were consigned to sons following fathers in trade forever, daughters married off in arrangements, and the families living under the will of overlords. 

In the US, my ancestors worked farms that barely kept them alive, or went to the textile mills in NE living the same lives as yours.  Don't tell me I don't understand...

And try life as an atheist sometime.  Look at this link and note the scale on the right if you don't want to bother to read the text.

http://www.pewforum.org/2014/07/16/how-americans-feel-about-religious-groups/

Minimalist

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 19, 2018, 06:38:06 PM

When you think that you and god are best buds it is easy to convince yourself that he understands your urges.

The problem with religitards throughout history, it seems.

-- H. L. Mencken

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on December 25, 2018, 09:00:34 PM
When you think that you and god are best buds it is easy to convince yourself that he understands your urges.

The problem with religitards throughout history, it seems.

Not being able to read minds, I am constantly torn between the ideas the adherents to religions actually believe this nonsense, or whether they just societally-adaptive and follow the crowd. 

My thoughts about the LEADERS of religions is a bit worse.  Split somewhere between deluded idiots and con-artists who don't want to work for a living...