When did 'LIFE" begin? (Science in relation with the Biblical description)

Started by Mousetrap, July 13, 2018, 05:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2018, 02:21:41 PM
The resulting mustache wouldn't be white in that case, but rather clear and smokey.

Just out of curiosity, how could hair be both clear and smoky at the same time? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 01:54:13 AM

Ever see smokey quartz?  At least that is what scotch brought to mind.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 05:50:41 AM
Ever see smokey quartz?  At least that is what scotch brought to mind.

Well, enough scotch and any thought is possible. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 01:54:13 AM
Sunshade on your windshield.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 08:30:26 AM
I don't quite get that, either.
You can get "smokey" film to shield your eyes from the sun, goes across the top of the windshield. The film  is smokey and clear.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 25, 2018, 01:18:25 PM
You can get "smokey" film to shield your eyes from the sun, goes across the top of the windshield. The film  is smokey and clear.

OOHHH!  Sorry, I missed that entirely.  And thanks to Baruch too.  I just never used that, so it went RIGHT (or Left) over my head... 

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 25, 2018, 01:45:29 AM
It's pretty far South. The gulf is within driving distance. But yes, Texas is a lot bigger than people tend to think. I once drove twelve hours on vacation and was still in Texas.
I hitched rides across Texas, so I know just how big it is! I like East Texas a lot, but the west is so dry it gets boring really quickly. When I was a kid we went on a canoe trip 600 miles down the Sabine river. That was a lot easier (and more fun) than cadging rides.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2018, 05:28:44 PM
I hitched rides across Texas, so I know just how big it is! I like East Texas a lot, but the west is so dry it gets boring really quickly. When I was a kid we went on a canoe trip 600 miles down the Sabine river. That was a lot easier (and more fun) than cadging rides.

I vited Ft Worth on business once and asked where the cactus were.  Oh man I was so embarrassed to learn they were 200 miles away.  That was like mistaking Washington DC for NYC.  My hosts were kind...

Gawdzilla Sama

My longest hitchhike is Indianapolis/San Francisco/Indianapolis without stopping anywhere for the night.
PZ Myers

Jason78

I like the way threads like this just devolve into general chit chat :)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on July 27, 2018, 03:38:30 PM
I like the way threads like this just devolve into general chit chat :)
At least we're not talking about the MCU.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers