News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Site Donation 2018

Started by Naru, December 04, 2017, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naru

Hello Everyone,

It is that time of year again when the 2018 bill to keep the site up is coming. The price for the site is $190 a year. The price increased because we have to have SSL installed to be part of google search. Any donation will be helpful.

Thanks you for being part of the community

Naru

Just want to update everyone that for this year we are going to try something new. We are going to keep the donation up all year long instead of just opening near the end of the year. Let me know how you guys feel about this change or do you think it would be better to just keep it close and only open it near the bill date.

SGOS

For me, end of the year seems like a better idea, although I don't have a vested interest in this.  I only mention it because you asked.  All year seems too easy to disregard, at least to me.  When it only comes up when it's necessary, it creates in me an sense of saving the forum when it needs to be saved whereas saving the forum all the time doesn't seem to be as purposeful.  Others may not react that way, so maybe try it an see which gets the best response.  As a side note, I appreciate you covering expenses that are not met, but I really don't think you or anyone else should have to do that.  But thank you. 

Mr.Obvious

Sorry, I donated last year and hope to donate next year.
But the GF and I are renovating and we don't have much to spend.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 05, 2017, 09:33:18 AM
Sorry, I donated last year and hope to donate next year.
But the GF and I are renovating and we don't have much to spend.
I hear you.  For some reason in retirement, things have gotten much easier for me financially, something I never expected, and I fully realize that for some people meeting monthly expenses is a major event in itself.  And I know about renovating and building houses where simple improvements often come in denominations of $1,000 and they just keep coming.  I remember finally getting to a point where my wife and I both working could replace threadbare tires without having to sacrifice something else.  I had a feeling that I could breath for the first time in my life.  Then I got divorced and was back on half the income, and making charitable donations was no longer an option.  I'll have to replace my roof sometime in the near future, and I may not be able to help out the forum for a year or two.  Don't worry about it.  I'm glad you are here.

Jason78

Remind me with a message at the end of January.  I'll have money then.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Draconic Aiur

Sal1981

wolf39us

Hey guys!  Hope you all had a great New Year / Christmas!

I just want to give you guys a heads up that we haven't received enough in donations this year to keep the lights on.  We've received some donations, but have a $177 dollar bill remaining.  Any help to keep things rolling on this site would be greatly appreciated!

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: wolf39us on January 02, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

I just want to give you guys a heads up that we haven't received enough in donations this year to keep the lights on.  We've received some donations, but have a $177 dollar bill remaining.  Any help to keep things rolling on this site would be greatly appreciated!

Im poor

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: wolf39us on January 02, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

Im soooooo poor.

*throws penny at you*

trdsf

Soon as I clear some bills and events, I'll see what I can do.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Naru

Hello everyone,

Just want to reach out to let everyone know that the site has been renewed for another year. No need to worry about the site going down. We still need more donation so I will keep the donation link up.

Thanks for your guys donation and understanding.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Naru on January 04, 2018, 08:03:14 AM
Hello everyone,

Just want to reach out to let everyone know that the site has been renewed for another year. No need to worry about the site going down. We still need more donation so I will keep the donation link up.

Thanks for your guys donation and understanding.

Thanks Naru... I just want to apologize for being a freeloathing bastard. Sorry.
But I really can't spend anything, I'm purposefully even avoiding real-life things with friends so we can pay our bills. When something opens up, I swear I'll think of this place.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Naru

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 04, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
Thanks Naru... I just want to apologize for being a freeloathing bastard. Sorry.
But I really can't spend anything, I'm purposefully even avoiding real-life things with friends so we can pay our bills. When something opens up, I swear I'll think of this place.

No worries. Life cost too much. If you can not donate then don't donate. We might be looking into a cheaper hosting solution for 2019. Wolf39us and I are looking into that.