News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is it possible to reform Atheism ?

Started by Ibn Khaldun, August 10, 2017, 08:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 02:34:58 PM
Bugs Bunny and God may both be fictions, but I don't consider them to be the same. Bugs Bunny is a fiction intended to make people laugh and have fun, but God is a fiction intended to control people and stifle free thought - to rob them of any true spirituality.

That's a pretty big difference, IMO.
In my opinion, as well.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Title talks about atheism, OP talks about Islam. I'm confused.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 25, 2017, 12:54:14 PM

Time to freeze this string as well.  It has gone astray, and so has Ibn.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Doesn't "Ibn" mean "son of"? Like "bar" in Hebrew? Like "Bar Abbas" means "son of the Father."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 25, 2017, 01:11:48 PM
Doesn't "Ibn" mean "son of"? Like "bar" in Hebrew? Like "Bar Abbas" means "son of the Father."

Also as in "I been" making random posts.  Ben = Hebrew, Bar = Aramaic, Ibn = Arabic ... all Semitic languages.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Sorginak

He thinks he can reform us atheists by non-stop posting about Islam.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 25, 2017, 08:29:19 PM
Oh well, I was close - but no cigar!

Adding ... my own middle name would work out to Ben Elijah in Hebrew.  But Ben isn't short for Benjamin.  That would have been the first name of my son, if I had one.  Had only a daughter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 02:39:15 PM
Why must you be so arrogant, and talk to the people here as if they're children who need your guidance or instruction?

I suppose it helps you to feel more important, huh?

In other words:

fuck you, punk!

There are better ways to put that.  Like, "perhaps your brain is not connecting to your mind very well today". 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 02:39:15 PM
Why must you be so arrogant, and talk to the people here as if they're children who need your guidance or instruction?

I suppose it helps you to feel more important, huh?

In other words:

fuck you, punk!

Well he can't even be bothered to spell peoples names right, or figured out how to copy/paste them, so guessing his preacher taught him everything he knows (as in very little outside of the quran)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 04:41:31 PM
Don't worry, the other Zen master has cut the cat in two and retired for his long Winter nap.  And I have business to do.  The floor is yours.

Interestingly, while I can't translate this exchange, I can't help but think it involves open defecation and who cleans it up.  Am I on the right track?  Just mildly curious...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 07:08:21 AM
Interestingly, while I can't translate this exchange, I can't help but think it involves open defecation and who cleans it up.  Am I on the right track?  Just mildly curious...

You leave bear turds periodically.  But I don't mind, because I don't clean them up ;-)  Digital turds don't smell.  BTW - I really enjoyed our exchange that day, the very best "happening" between up.  Don't knock it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 25, 2017, 12:54:14 PM
It's a classic bait and switch.  The title was an interesting subject, if only to discuss how and why atheism could  reform.  If the title was "Why Atheists should be Muslims," few people would have read the first post.  I know I wouldn't.

He can't settle for atheism just going away.  He wants to reform atheists.  Once that's out of the way, he can go reform Christians.  Apparently, it's not that big of a deal to his god, so he is a one man Jihad.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 02:20:28 AM
There are better ways to put that.  Like, "perhaps your brain is not connecting to your mind very well today". 
Yeah, but he put me in a bad mood with his arrogant assumption that we need or want his bombastic drivel.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:16:04 AM
You leave bear turds periodically.  But I don't mind, because I don't clean them up ;-)  Digital turds don't smell.  BTW - I really enjoyed our exchange that day, the very best "happening" between up.  Don't knock it.

It's like beer.  "Its in the water, son, that's why it's yellow"!