Women's March Largest in U.S History

Started by Shiranu, January 22, 2017, 04:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Munch on January 26, 2017, 10:49:35 AM
So in other words, your pushing your ideology on your daughter. Thats not a healthy thing to do. She doesn't have those things because she's a feminist, she has those things because the balance of political standards has equaled out in this time and place.

I dunno why I have to say it, but these group thinks are always unhealthy in the long run, because if you can't think outside the box, your be trapped in it. Maybe she wants to consider everyone else on the same level, unlike modern day feminists would do in claiming to want equality, but at the expense of anyone who isn't a feminist.

These group ideologies are as bad as any religion, because once the negative aspects overwhelm it, just like religions, any question of that group think being wrong induces rage, like a pissed off hydra. Its all well and good saying you want to protect women from trumps laws, but when you start to also let insidious ideals seep into the group think, not questioning them because your so focused on the single goal, then it becomes a problem.

Question what the fuck is happening around you, always question it, don't just accept it because you share a single minded goal.

I'm not pushing anything on my daughter other than perhaps being the best mother to my grandchildren she can be.
Feminists really get a bad rap. Suffragettes were feminists by any standard and yet nobody seems to want to acknowledge that.
You have women and men who want equality and as long as they don't band together and make a lot of noise they're not feminists? You really don't have to be a Gloria Stienam or Hanoi Jane to be a feminist nor get involved with silly marches and pretend to hate all men as portrayed by so many. Just demand that every man woman and child gets a fair shot at what most of us takes for granted.
That balance of political standards you speak of didn't happen in a vacuum and wasn't just handed over by the stroke of a pen by some nice guy.
Whether you or anyone else likes it or not those changes came about because of the hard work of feminists and many other groups.
The group think you speak of isn't the reason that you as a gay man can openly post about it or even walk the streets relatively safely.
Your bullshit is the same type of bullshit that tries to tell us that all older white men in the world are racist, mysoginistic republicans hell bent on only letting the filthy rich call the shots. Nothing could be further from the truth, but keep on thinking that all the problems in the world came about because some woman liked fresh fruit.
You,  like many others have allowed others to define feminism for you. Congratulations. You fell hook line and sinker for group thinking. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

The problem with all "movements" is the turd in the punch bowl.  Once there is a floater in there, I am no longer interested in a glass of your punch ;-(

And yes, feminists have been legends in their own minds, for a long time.  Gloria Steinem was CIA.  Study Ms Margaret Sanger, and her eugenics against colored folk.  Birth control, not for women in general, but to stop the colored folks from breeding.  We still hear this all the time, from White folk.  This is why some Whites have formed "Full quiver" families, to out breed the other tribes.  I happen to agree, that poor folk shouldn't even consider having children ... but there are all these problems with prevention ... only one of which is irresponsibility.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2017, 07:12:40 AM
Women's march, not as innocent as they seem ...
http://heatst.com/politics/exclusive-womens-march-protestors-booed-trump-hotel-staffers-who-aided-woman-having-heart-attack/?utm_content=buffer0bcab&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

All the anti trump protesters will say is how the staff member was trying for attention or some shit like that. I honestly take my hat off to that man, he had no reason to even help, but clearly the protesters wouldn't even rush to save one of their own.

I work for a company with a greedy corporate businessman who only cares about money, who doesn't give a shit about the people who work for him, but to me it's just a job, my job doesn't define who I am, and clearly the same goes for the staff member at trumps hotel.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

The Left would be very happy if Trump himself rushed out and stomped on the struggling protestor so all their biases could be confirmed.  The Left are addicted to their negative emotions (so is the Right).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

MooHamHead

What stupid bitches and beta male pajama boys. Marching for rights they already have. No wonder liberals are so stupid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 27, 2017, 10:31:43 PM
Here's one from my part of the country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSPV5pLmihw

Shameful behavior here.  Extremely radical.  Dangerous, too.  I'd be scared to be anywhere near this crowd.
Horrifying.
and hydra, you should probably make a note that you were using sarcasm lol

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MooHamHead on January 30, 2017, 05:28:58 PM
What stupid bitches and beta male pajama boys. Marching for rights they already have. No wonder liberals are so stupid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Who are you, again? Make an intro thread, please

By the way. Out-of-the-gate negativity like that will not gain you many friends. I got my finger on the cage's trap door button right now, and you're standing right over that door. I advise not instigating.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 30, 2017, 05:57:09 PM
Horrifying.
and hydra, you should probably make a note that you were using sarcasm lol
Aww come on, that should've been crystal clear based on the content.  I posted a peaceable and pretty normal protest and commented that it was "extremely radical" and "dangerous".  What else could that possibly be but sarcasm?

Then again, I once had to explain on here that I was being sarcastic and had someone who still wasn't sure (usually I'm pretty good at judging my intentions, lol)

So I guess it's /sarcasm from now on.

Mermaid

But MooHamHead is such a fabulous handle.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

MooHamHead

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 30, 2017, 05:59:20 PM
Who are you, again? Make an intro thread, please

By the way. Out-of-the-gage negativity like that will not gain you many friends. I got my finger on the cage's trap door button right now, and you're standing right over that door. I advise not instigating.
False attacks against good people is dumb. These marchers are idiots, crybabies, urban fools. They don't even know why they are marching. They are plain silly and dangerous They are the cult of hate.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

MooHamHead

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 22, 2017, 05:15:17 PM
I got semi-baited by a conservative last night about this asking "why are these women marching. What is this women's march about? anyone care to explain?"

And I told him how it was a march in celebration of women, but also a protest of the incoming legislative attacks on their rights.

.... and then.... he started to argue. when I mentioned how they seek to overturn Roe v Wade, because he asked for an example, afterwards, he goes " I don't want to have to fund people's recreational fucking. They should learn to keep their legs closed"
I knew the switch was coming, in his bait and switch, but I did it anyway... probably because I was aware that it was a bait and switch and knew to call him out on it and back out when it happened. It's bullshit. BUT. The women's march seemed to be a success. DC law enforcement reported ZERO arrests, and while I heard of a few arrests in other regions, the incidents were minimal. Beyond a success, imo. And very inspiring.
Womens rights are in no danger. In fact their lives will be better in everyway, like all Americans, now that the hate filled, racist, lying, corrupt, health care destroying America hater is gone..... Oops the little stuttering biatch could stay away for 10 days. No wonder his average approval rating was lower than Nixon or W.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 30, 2017, 06:39:49 PM
Aww come on, that should've been crystal clear based on the content.  I posted a peaceable and pretty normal protest and commented that it was "extremely radical" and "dangerous".  What else could that possibly be but sarcasm?

Then again, I once had to explain on here that I was being sarcastic and had someone who still wasn't sure (usually I'm pretty good at judging my intentions, lol)

So I guess it's /sarcasm from now on.
Lol I caught it. I'm just saying most people won't watch that video. If they aren't sarcasm savvy, like I know quite a few of people on here are, they won't catch on.

PickelledEggs

Ahhh balls. someone got to moohamad before me. Well played, other mod. Well played

pr126