‘Impeach Trump’ — Protests Erupt Over Election Win -Already started.

Started by drunkenshoe, November 09, 2016, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 15, 2016, 08:08:21 AM
I am almost to the point where I'd welcome the complete end of the internet. I see fewer and fewer benefits to its very existence anymore and before anyone tries to tell me we couldn't get by without it we certainly did for the vast majority of human history.

I love the internet! Social media on the other hand...  I deleted my Twitter account over the summer and I'm teetering on the edge of dropping out of Facebook, LinkedIn and the online forums. I feel compelled to either lean in and speak my mind or opt out. I don't think either choice makes a difference in the scheme of things, I just need to determine which strategy will make me happier.

Gawdzilla Sama

I am almost to the point where I'd welcome the complete end of the internet. I see fewer and fewer benefits to its very existence anymore and before anyone tries to tell me we couldn't get by without it we certainly did for the vast majority of human history.
Get out of the abattoir and see the rest of the Internet.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Shiranu on November 14, 2016, 06:04:36 PM
I agree with you on impeachment, but not my president predominately refers to his representation of us rather than political position over us.
You're only fooling yourself with that claim.  If that were true the saying would be, "Not a human being" or "Nasty man" or something along those lines but witty.  "Not MY president" says "I do not accept the election results because I do not like them".  It says, "Well, that election SUCKED.  Excuse me while I throw a tantrum".  It is immature and it erodes confidence in our election process.

I did not accept the excuses from the right 8 years ago when they were the ones saying, "Not MY president" because, let's face it, we had just elected our first black president.  THAT was their beef.  He had a funny name (remember how they just LOVED to repeat his middle name over and over?), he wasn't even "off white" and he was a DEMOCRAT.  Those were their issues.  Their REAL issues.  They made similar claims to what you just made, I'm sure.  And Trump is a despicable man, but now he IS a despicable president and he is MY despicable president and, if you live in America, YOUR despicable president.  There are plenty of reasons and ways to legitimately speak up against him.  In my opinion a short statement which undermines the legitimacy of our election process, suggests that if we don't like the outcome we simply don't have to accept it as valid and binding and delegitimizes a duly elected president is not one of them.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

The Pope said the same thing about the printing press.  We don't want the peasants learning to read!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 15, 2016, 09:49:29 AM
I love the internet! Social media on the other hand...  I deleted my Twitter account over the summer and I'm teetering on the edge of dropping out of Facebook, LinkedIn and the online forums. I feel compelled to either lean in and speak my mind or opt out. I don't think either choice makes a difference in the scheme of things, I just need to determine which strategy will make me happier.

Wait until Mr Meese gets all your metadata ... in the 80s, he thought Playboy was the Devil!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well I'm finally pissed off at the Democratic messaging.. I should have been long ago, but let it slide.. Something Obama kept repeating over and over.. Don't get mad, vote.
What a load of passive aggressive bullshit.. If you voted for Clinton and are not mad as hell now you might as well join the republican party and grow an elephant trunk..
Don't get mad? Possibly the worse candidate of our lifetimes was running and we were told to not be angry?
Well I'm angry now and will be even more angry come next election and anyone who isn't should probably just go ahead and either leave the country or plant a bullet in their own head.. ENOUGH OF THE PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE BULLSHIT!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

The Dumbs might have a chance, if they will make the Clinton's finally retire.  The Clintons have been F*ing the Democratic Party since 1992 ... just 24 years, a whole generation wasted.  But if they latch onto Chelsea 2020 ... yes, flee to Canada.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 15, 2016, 01:01:33 PM
Well I'm finally pissed off at the Democratic messaging.. I should have been long ago, but let it slide.. Something Obama kept repeating over and over.. Don't get mad, vote.
What a load of passive aggressive bullshit.. If you voted for Clinton and are not mad as hell now you might as well join the republican party and grow an elephant trunk..
Don't get mad? Possibly the worse candidate of our lifetimes was running and we were told to not be angry?
Well I'm angry now and will be even more angry come next election and anyone who isn't should probably just go ahead and either leave the country or plant a bullet in their own head.. ENOUGH OF THE PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE BULLSHIT!
I agree that it has been a long time coming for Democrats/liberals to wake the hell up and stop taking it on the chin.  Republicans do something blatantly racist, Democrats say, "Hey!  That's blatantly racist!"  Republicans say, "How dare you call me racist!"  Democrats say, "Excuse me.  I misspoke..."

One side is loud, obnoxious and able to claim that shit is caviar because the liberals are too politically correct to outright call them liars when they lie.

However, I am not "angry" at the outcome of the election.  Disappointed, yes.  Worried, a little.  Wishing it were over, you bet.  But angry?  At who?  Myself?  I voted.  I didn't even go third party.  I towed the line.  At Trump?  A piece of shit can't be anything but what it is.  And really I don't think he's as bad as his rhetoric would lead us to believe, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.  Angry at liberals?  Hillary won the popular vote.  Liberals voted.  Angry at morons for voting Trump?  I'm the moron by their standards.  Really there is nobody to be angry at.  Some shit definitely needs to change with liberals, but it's fucking hard to combat an opponent who just outright claims that every terrible thing he ever said or did was a lie made up by whoever is accusing him of it, especially in a climate where there's more crap news than accurate and you have a public that doesn't know the difference.  I had a normally intelligent friend swear to me that he saw on CNN that Obama said he wasn't giving up the office if Trump won.  He really saw and article on a fake new site which CLAIMED the story was from CNN, most likely on his Facebook page.  If Zuckerberg thinks the shit on Facebook didn't have any effect whatsoever on the election then he really did steal it from his college roommate because he's dumb as fuck!

Shiranu

Quote"Not MY president" says "I do not accept the election results because I do not like them".  It says, "Well, that election SUCKED.  Excuse me while I throw a tantrum".  It is immature and it erodes confidence in our election process.

What you think it says =/= what it says. It says, "He does not represent me or people like me", and if you ask anyone that is what they will respond.

I doubt you know more about what people mean when they say something than the person actually saying it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I am unrepresented by all the elected officials in Washington ... I would have to sit in public office myself, to be represented.  The idea of representation is absurd.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Shiranu on November 15, 2016, 07:36:56 PM
What you think it says =/= what it says. It says, "He does not represent me or people like me", and if you ask anyone that is what they will respond.

I doubt you know more about what people mean when they say something than the person actually saying it.
Well then "anyone" needs to learn English because "No MY weed" means I don't own the weed, not that I don't like the weed.  "Not MY child" means the child in question is not my progeny, not that the child does not posess my values.  Likewise, "Not MY president" says that I do not accept him as president of my country, not "I don't like him".  That may not be what "you mean" when you say it, but just because it's not what "your mean" doesn't change what "it means".

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Novelty web sites ... that compare you against Star Trek characters, Harry Potter characters ... even famous writers ...

The one that supposedly analyzes your writing style ... I submitted something I had written (for other reasons) and it said I wrote like Lovecraft ;-)  That explains why I support Cthulhu .... as long as he is kosher ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.