News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Making Icons For Folders

Started by SGOS, October 21, 2016, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I don't know how many of you make your own icons, and what seems like an amazing find to me might be unimpressive to many here, but if you ever wondered how it can be done, this easy to use free program could help.

I puzzled how to do this for a long time.  I need icons for sorting movie genre and television series collections.  Of course, you can download these things by the thousands, and sometimes find one that serves your purpose, but not always.  Eventually, I learned to make rudimentary icons on my own, probably a kind first conceived in an early age of digital technology.  The problem was they would not show enough detail.  Many downloadable icons show lots of detail and display in a larger format, but I was always foiled in my attempts to make the larger more detailed kind.

I stumbled on this site a couple of days ago, an online free program that simplifies the process.  You supply any image.  It sizes the height and width, your desired resolution, crops or distorts the image to fit the required icon specifications, and then converts your work to an icon and allows you download your project to be stored for future use on your computer.

It's so much fun, I've run out of ideas for more icons already, but it will be there when I need it.  It's fairly user friendly.  The learning curve is not difficult, and once you figure it out, you can be making icons in seconds:  http://icoconvert.com/

Here are a couple icons I've made