News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why are you an atheist?

Started by randomvim, September 11, 2016, 03:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: WARPED on April 19, 2023, 03:04:52 PMI'm an atheist because I see no proof of a higher power.
For me, it's as simple as that.

Gawdzilla Sama

People created God, so it would be silly to worship something my hillbilly cousins could come up with.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sargon The Grape

Hmm... my first post in this thread was apparently during a time when I thought using "retard" as a slur was acceptable. Can't say I'm proud of that.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on July 06, 2023, 04:00:43 AMHmm... my first post in this thread was apparently during a time when I thought using "retard" as a slur was acceptable. Can't say I'm proud of that.

aitm

It was easier to spell than protes....proteins...prodesda....yeah.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sorginak

'Cause I'm a big rebel
Full of doubt.

Gawdzilla Sama

I was never programmed. My parents would get me and my brother up on Sunday morning and send us to the little church on the corner. Being an idiot I actually went in. Then Bible School had Noah and the Ark.

"Where did Noah's sons get their wives?"

Last day at Sunday School.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 22, 2024, 08:53:37 PMI was never programmed. My parents would get me and my brother up on Sunday morning and send us to the little church on the corner. Being an idiot I actually went in. Then Bible School had Noah and the Ark.

"Where did Noah's sons get their wives?"

Last day at Sunday School.

IIRC, Noah's sons were already married. The issue of incest was still unavoidable, though. The grandkids would have all been cousins to each other.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

To be ´fair´, cousins going with cousins wasn't quite a taboo up to relatively recently.

Even in my country it is technically still allowed for first, full cousins to marry. Be it that I think you need to ask permission of the king or something.
Which is ironic because of how inbred european royalty is.

In less mobile societies, the match-pool was more limited. And it was viewed, in some cases, as a way to keep the already limited resources inside the family.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers