News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why are you an atheist?

Started by randomvim, September 11, 2016, 03:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 20, 2016, 11:07:11 AM
Naaah. I am too unthreatening and harmless. When I do that it looks like a non-cute kitten trying to give an evil cackle rolling her eyes. And no, internet didn't invent that image yet. 
+ =
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

TrueStory

When you grow up and no one mentions any type of religion it is super easy to be an atheist. 
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: TrueStory on September 20, 2016, 01:51:03 PM
When you grow up and no one mentions any type of religion it is super easy to be an atheist. 
True story: I grew up in a home where church was something that ruined a good Sunday morning.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 11, 2016, 03:03:14 PM
Because I'm not retarded.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).

You're answer presupposes that there is an objective standard of "reason" that you can use to weigh stupidity and intelligibility on. Can you please explain that objective standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: TrueStory on September 20, 2016, 01:51:03 PM

Psalm 14:1 the fool says in his heart "there is no God."

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 12:37:55 AM

Hearts neither speak nor are capable of inner dialogue.
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Poison Tree

the wise man says it aloud
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Sal1981

Matthew 5:22

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on October 14, 2016, 04:23:26 AM
Matthew 5:22

Ahh, the quoting of Bible verses, including the magical numbers that reference them; Now we're getting somewhere!

Gawdzilla Sama

♫The only thing that could ever reach me, was the son of a preacherman.♫
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Do you believe Mithra is a deity?  Why not?  He seems silly?  Well that's why I don't believe in any current deities...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 07:40:35 AM
♫The only thing that could ever reach me, was the son of a preacherman.♫

Great, now I have to youtube the whole song or risk getting it stuck in my head for WEEKS. Also, have to rewatch season 1 episode 1 of Sons of Anarchy. I hate this forum.....

https://youtu.be/dp4339EbVn8
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.

Cavebear

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on November 03, 2016, 02:19:35 AM
Great, now I have to youtube the whole song or risk getting it stuck in my head for WEEKS. Also, have to rewatch season 1 episode 1 of Sons of Anarchy. I hate this forum.....

https://youtu.be/dp4339EbVn8

Its not "thing" it is "one".  One is a person.  For what it is worth. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: Cavebear on November 03, 2016, 02:27:59 AM
Its not "thing" it is "one".  One is a person.  For what it is worth. 

https://youtu.be/WM8bTdBs-cw

??

Mind

BLOWN

Thank you!
-- Ricky Gervais

doorknob

It's a good thing I don't think anything in the bible is more than a fairy tale or I might get insulted.