What's Happening to Trump's Campaign?

Started by SGOS, August 30, 2016, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Many people seem to finally be realizing that Trump is just a lounge act. He's having fun, and uncovering the rock under which the Republican party has been hiding. I guess they'll have to find another rock...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 31, 2016, 07:28:37 AM
Don't worry..Baruch's political ego is just slightly less than Trump's, but not by much.

It is better to be infamous than unknown.  So I understand what he is doing.  The election is in the bag.  They are now discussing how foreign hackers will turn the tide in every electronic ballot box however they want.  You don't even have to have Republican operatives messing with the ballot box ... it is all Putin!  So whatever the foreign hackers, who can conveniently get to our unprotected electronic ballots, decide for us.  Of course those hackers work for the CIA, not Putin.  The CIA has chosen every president since 1963.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 31, 2016, 04:18:37 PM
Many people seem to finally be realizing that Trump is just a lounge act. He's having fun, and uncovering the rock under which the Republican party has been hiding. I guess they'll have to find another rock...

I hear they found more Clinton emails about Bengazi.  Probably will be published in just a few more weeks.  Timing ... timing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 31, 2016, 02:46:40 PM
Keep in mind that the Executive branch is not the most powerful of the US government. He can propose changes to Constitutional rights all he wants, but if Congress shoots him down, or if the Supreme Court tells him that his propositions are unconstitutional, he won't accomplish much. That's the one silver lining I see in this joke of a race. The President may be the most powerful man/woman in government, but they're weaker than the collective powers of Congress and the Supreme Court. The biggest problem with Trump being President would be that he'd represent us to the rest of the world...
The problem with a Trump presidency is that he would determine part of the makeup of the Supreme Court. All that's required is to replace Scalia's empty seat with a young ideologue, and then Ruth Bader Ginsberg's seat with another young ideologue (when she dies... she's what? 83 now?), and Thomas's seat with yet another young ideologue when he retires, all rubber-stamped by a teabag Senate. A 6-3 conservative majority of Constitution-hating ideologues. Together they can summarily ignore the Constitution and set up permanent right-wing dictatorship in America, which is the true goal of the Republicans.

If Hillary wins, we will finally get a 5-4 liberal majority on the USSC (6-3 if one of the conservatives retires or dies), and democracy is saved, and our fundamental rights (like abortion) preserved and strengthened.

A Trump win would inject new life and power into a moribund Republican Party, while a Hillary win could be the coup de grace that finally and deservedly kills off that insidious gang of thugs called the Republican Party.

It really is a critical election that will determine the future of America.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2016, 06:13:23 PM
I hear they found more Clinton emails about Bengazi.  Probably will be published in just a few more weeks.  Timing ... timing.
Benghazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hahahahahah!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2016, 06:13:23 PM
Yeah, a lot of the Republican base wants to know - just who is this Ben Gazi fellow, anyway? Was Clinton his mistress?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

SCoTUS ... OK for FDR to try to pack it (and defeated by the SCoTUS itself) .. not OK for a Republican?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 01, 2016, 06:33:28 PM
SCoTUS ... OK for FDR to try to pack it (and defeated by the SCoTUS itself) .. not OK for a Republican?
Yeah, that's right!  And you seriously think The Donald (of the small dick) is a Rep??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on September 01, 2016, 06:33:28 PM

No, not OK for a Republican.  Not OK for FDR either.  We should be trying to fix the system, not perpetuating the bastardized corruption it has become.  Obama should be praised for attempting to install a judicial centrist, one even admired by Republicans, at least admired until Obama nominated him.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on September 01, 2016, 10:54:20 PM
No, not OK for a Republican.  Not OK for FDR either.  We should be trying to fix the system, not perpetuating the bastardized corruption it has become.  Obama should be praised for attempting to install a judicial centrist, one even admired by Republicans, at least admired until Obama nominated him.
And that's exactly the point.  Garland is precisely the sort of SCotUS nominee who should have sailed through with only token opposition, except -- horror of horrors! -- he was properly nominated by an incumbent president that the Party Opposite has decided is Satan incarnate.  Whether it's pig-headedness or actual racism, I don't care to determine.  It's wrong either way -- certainly, it must be nice to get paid $175,000 a year for a job with duties mandated by the US Constitution and still say "fuck it, I don't feel like doing it".  And weren't the GOP the ones screaming "UP OR DOWN VOTE!" when Dumbass was president and Democrats were hesitating on some of his nominees?

As a side note, it's worth remembering that the last time there was a vacancy during a campaign year with a term-limited president, it was Reagan nominating Anthony Kennedy in 1988 with a Democrat-controlled Senate -- who properly held hearings, and ultimately approved the nomination.  There was no suggestion of waiting for the results of the election.

Hypocrisy much, Senator McConnell?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

widdershins

All of politics has become an exercise in hypocrisy and posturing.  Getting laws passed is just a bonus these days.  Fundraising and getting reelected, those are the only real goals most of them have.
This sentence is a lie...

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Atheon on August 31, 2016, 03:06:38 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic that Hillary will win, but it ain't over till it's over, and anything can happen in the next two and a quarter months. Trump and his lot are Republicans, after all, and no deceitful act or dirty trick is so low that they will not stoop to do it.

Nothing scares me more than a Trump victory. If he wins, kiss goodbye to what's left of the wall of separation between church and state.... not to mention abortion rights and the rest of your freedoms.

Good thing I don't live in the states. Hillary Clinton is an idiot too. Not my kind of liberal, extremely moderate, bureaucratic and just boring. Like Trump, she constantly changes her opinions and lies pathologically. She once was against gay marriage, now she pretends like these the LGBTQ community's biggest supporter, then she completely denies her ever being against gay marriage.

I liked Bernie Sanders a lot and even he was a bit delusional. What the Democrats need is someone with bold, progressive ideas that's as aggressive as any Republican.  We need an Ubermensch.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Baruch

A compassionate realist?  That would be very nice ... get a time machine, return to the Eisenhower administration.

Idealists are very deluded, and militants are just dangerous.  Either should disqualify.  But being hard hearted is bad too ... so a realist who can fight when necessary, and doesn't hate people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

DeltaEpsilon

I do feel like Trump is a cult hate sort of thing. It's fashionable to not like him even if someone doesn't know anything about his political agenda, I'm not saying Trump will make a good president, it's just that some people hate Donald Trump and don't even know his platform.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Blackleaf

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 12, 2016, 07:32:14 AM
I do feel like Trump is a cult hate sort of thing. It's fashionable to not like him even if someone doesn't know anything about his political agenda, I'm not saying Trump will make a good president, it's just that some people hate Donald Trump and don't even know his platform.

I don't think even Trump knows his own platform. I remember him saying before that he'll get a team together to figure out the best solution to something. In other words "I don't know my strategy, but I have people to strategize for me." What little he does commit to is insane. Building a wall across the entire boarder of Mexico and making Mexico pay for it. Killing the loved ones of terrorists because terrorists don't care about their own lives. Pure insanity.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--