What's Happening to Trump's Campaign?

Started by SGOS, August 30, 2016, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Atheon on November 06, 2016, 01:11:15 AM
How about revolution? With me as absolute dictator! :king:

Free beer for everyone!  :letsparty:

My first act will be to abolish the Republican Party!
...........UM...............beer?????  Free ice cream?  Now you're talking!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 06, 2016, 09:13:35 AM
My first response was, "Yes, it's about time," because I see the Federal government as being more sane than state government, but on further consideration state power my afford as some necessary checks and balances.  Although, at this time, state governments are often whacky and idiotic.  You get to meet these low level politicians personally, and they are not impressive people, often dumber than some of the worst of the national politicians.

But that comparison may not always remain true.  Right now, I'd take all power out of the hands of the states.  Someday, I suppose I could regret it, although honestly, I think that's doubtful.

The state governments that can't deficit spend are OK.  North Dakota for example is one of the best run states in the US, and they have a fair and safe state banking system.  The problem with taking power from the states is ... it is very hard to give it back.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

A science minded conservative explains why he refuses to support Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQriX7NIgig
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Science folks should vote only for science folks (divide and conquer special interest politics) ... but they can't because academics are too jealous of each other, they would each vote for themselves ... think Sheldon Cooper on the campaign trail ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2016, 06:57:31 AM
Science folks should vote only for science folks (divide and conquer special interest politics) ... but they can't because academics are too jealous of each other, they would each vote for themselves ... think Sheldon Cooper on the campaign trail ;-)

Science doesn't mix with religion, and it doesn't mix with politics.  Unless your Deepak Chopra.  Well, it does mix with politics, but it's more like an unwanted contaminant in the test tube.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on November 07, 2016, 08:51:43 AM
Science doesn't mix with religion, and it doesn't mix with politics.  Unless your Deepak Chopra.  Well, it does mix with politics, but it's more like an unwanted contaminant in the test tube.
Senator Proxmire would agree.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

The study grants, where the government pays a biologist to bash monkeys in the head, to study brain trauma ... they should have used Senators ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

America started with evil, will end with evil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on November 07, 2016, 06:45:11 PM
Trump: started his campaign with bigotry, ending his campaign with bigotry.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/06/donald-trump-minnesota-somali-migrants-isis
Man, even after having his twitter taken away by staffers (and this from a guy who wants to be entrusted with the nuclear launch codes), he's still making a fool of himself.  Eh, might as well let him.  Every time he opens his mouth, Clinton gets 100 more votes.

Also, I think I've figured out how his tell.  Whenever he uses superlatives or uses "some people" to give a claim an air of authority without being specific, he's definitely lying.  Some people say that triangles have three sides, some people also say that the moon is made out of cheese.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2016, 04:03:49 PM
As that world famous philosopher said--It ain't over 'til it's over!

And as Carvell  said--Campaign?  What campaign; he doesn't have one.

Sadly, he did.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

On a practical note, this is the best presidency money could buy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 09, 2016, 01:42:13 PM

I thought that was in 2012 ... with 1 billion for Obama alone ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 09, 2016, 01:42:13 PM

The winner always is judged to have had a genius strategy. Even if he didn't.  Sometimes no one knows what will work until afterwards.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!