News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who are the Democrats?

Started by pr126, July 18, 2016, 11:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

GSOgymrat

Wow, that was really cringe-inducing and if I was a Republican I was would be embarrassed by that. Is it supposed to be a shocking revelation that the Democratic party supported slavery in the nineteenth century? We learned that in junior high. Politicians want power? Democrats want to take over America? DUH! There is a lot to dislike about Hillary Clinton but that was so over the top I thought it was parody.

Hydra009

I'm going to tell you guys a huge secret about the Democratic Party.  Ready?

Historically, the Democratic Party had a lot of ties to racist policies and racist people.

Shiranu

You gotta step your game up, homie. You're slacking.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Are you saying vote for Trump because Trump isn't racist? Because that's is like saying Bud light is not piss beer even though you know it totally is and just from looking at it's piss.

SGOS

I didn't watch the video, so it didn't offend me.  I'm not even offended that someone wanted me to watch the video.  It's an election year.  It's a time for propaganda films and Michael Moore antics.  It's just about over, and then we can get back to transferring wealth to the 1%.

pr126

Looks like some here treat their political party as a religion.
One gets a similar  response when a religion is criticized.

I hope Hillary will fulfill all your wishes and give you everything you deserve.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on July 19, 2016, 04:48:02 AM

I hope Hillary will fulfill all your wishes. 

I don't treat any political party as a religion but, even though I am white, when the Republican's official platform includes dissolving my marriage, supporting "reparative therapy" to try to make gay people straight and teaching the Bible in public schools, it makes it impossible for me to vote for them. That trailer is just ridiculously bad, even for the low bar of political propaganda. Tip for D'Sousa: take yourself out of the trailer. Your vocal delivery is stilted and your skin is suspicious brown for a Republican.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 19, 2016, 12:36:53 AM
I'm going to tell you guys a huge secret about the Democratic Party.  Ready?

Historically, the Democratic Party had a lot of ties to racist policies and racist people.
Unlike the Republicans, of course.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Yeah, if you build a time machine Democrats were for slavery...and smaller government, the big Republican battle cry today.  The two parties, the culture of America, the very nature of politics, none of that is today as it was even 100 years ago.

The end of that video reminded me of a South Park episode.  "What if Democrats are trying to steal America?"  They're not making accusations, they're just asking questions.

Anyway, it's a very powerful video...if you already believe it.
This sentence is a lie...

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 19, 2016, 04:48:02 AM

I hope Hillary will fulfill all your wishes and give you everything you deserve.

Vegetta, what does the scanner say about his cringe level?

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAANNNNDDDD!

WHAT 9000?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Atheon

What a steaming pile of runny dog turds.

Yes, the Democrats had racist policies and members... BEFORE NINETEEN SIXTY FIVE. That's OVER FIFTY YEARS AGO. Indeed, it was the Republicans who freed the slaves, and who started the National Park Service. Back when the Republicans were the good guys. But with time comes change. Since 1965, the Republicans have consistently been the party of racism, as the Dixiecrats left the Dems and joined the Repubes. They have also been opposed to environmental protection, starting with Reagan in the 80s.

The Republicans are the party that wants to take over America and impose dictatorial rule. The Republicans are utterly opposed to freedom and democracy. The Republicans, who were once the good guys before I (and perhaps you) were born, are now the bad guys.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: widdershins on July 19, 2016, 12:20:56 PMYeah, if you build a time machine Democrats were for slavery...and smaller government, the big Republican battle cry today.  The two parties, the culture of America, the very nature of politics, none of that is today as it was even 100 years ago.
Seriously.

I thought that was common knowledge, yet I'm surprised with the amount of conservatives who apparently don't realize that the parties had an ideological flip as the result of the Republican Southern Strategy and unironically consider the GOP to be the "party of Lincoln" while considering the Dems the racists.  Considering how much Republicans are stuck in the past, I'd expect history to be their strong suit.  I guess not.

Is there some sort of foundation I can donate to in order to get Republicans up to speed on US history?  AmeriEducates?  Tutors Without Borders?  History for Humanity?

"For just $1 a day, you can make a difference in the life of this mullet-adorned little kid.  We'll provide him with access to newspapers, textbooks, NPR, and wikipedia.  Once a month, this culture-deprived child will be sent to a natural history, US history, or art museum where he or she will get to learn about the rich and vibrant world beyond his or her church and trailer park."

Maybe if enough philanthropic people were to pitch in, we could have a few less imbeciles in the next generation.

AllPurposeAtheist

Pr..I hear tin foil is on sale.  I bet you could even make more hats so THE MAN can't get those big government beams in your head.. in your case they might help.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.