News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why am I surprised

Started by Jannabear, July 03, 2016, 08:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/…/HB/1500-1599/HB1523SG.htm Why am I surprised such a regressive redneck state would have people supporting stupid shit like this.
"Religious freedom bill"
" (a) Marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman;
(b) Sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage; and
(c) Male (man) or female (woman) refer to an individual's immutable biological sex as objectively determined by anatomy and genetics at time of birth."
Sounds like this has alot to do with religious freedom, o wait, it doesn't.

Hakurei Reimu

How is the "religious freedom" of anyone enhanced by such a bill?
What religions are the free to join and what religious views are they free to express because of this bill?

Oh, that's right. None. The religious have always been free to express this shit and have been doing so for a long time. There's no "religious freedom" here; it's religious oppression.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Duncle

The kind of religious freedom that the bill represents is this:

Freedom for the religious to impose their pea-brained, blinkered views on the rest of society.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Jannabear on July 03, 2016, 08:28:22 PM
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/…/HB/1500-1599/HB1523SG.htm Why am I surprised such a regressive redneck state would have people supporting stupid shit like this.
"Religious freedom bill"
" (a) Marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman;
(b) Sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage; and
(c) Male (man) or female (woman) refer to an individual's immutable biological sex as objectively determined by anatomy and genetics at time of birth."
Sounds like this has alot to do with religious freedom, o wait, it doesn't.

The last gasp of a dying throwback population. Bills like these have already been struck down by the supreme court.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hakurei Reimu

^That is the comfort, at least. It has no teeth.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 04, 2016, 03:00:08 PM
^That is the comfort, at least. It has no teeth.

the rabid dog fighting on its last legs.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Johan

This right here makes me want to go into politics. Where else can you spend your time spearheading a project that you know will never fly and have those who sign your paycheck praise you?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

widdershins

You can expect a couple more years of bills trying to restore the ability of Christians to openly discriminate against groups they don't like.  But times are changing and like it or not, these states WILL change with the times if the court have to drag them kicking and screaming.  Bitch all you want, Christians have officially lost the right to discriminate against people they don't like and it is never coming back.
This sentence is a lie...