One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 04, 2016, 11:55:13 PM
Yeah, the fact that we are unique in our placement within observable existence says nothing at all. The fact that absolutely everything within observable existence can be described and observed through mathematical terms says nothing for intelligent design whatsoever. And the fact that there is no evidence supporting chance or coincidence whatsoever shouldn't deter people who claim to use empirical evidence and logic from thinking life happened by chance. People should continue to assume that some level of creation and evolution can't possibly both be right, because they totally don't work together. People should continue to consider all religions to be contradictory to one another even when a quick unbiased reading of any of the core texts of said religions are seemingly the same and span history and geography. People should continue to ignore their conscience via societal norms and personal want. And when it affects them negatively they can just take meds and occupy their mind with fruitless bs.

Done ranting

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
My, my, my, aren't you just frothing at the mouth!!!!!  Such vile, bitter and powerful words!!!!!    Just kidding, pops--if that is a rant, then you need to take a class in 'ranting'! :)))))))

But I must say I disagree with just about everything you said in your 'rant'.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 09:26:47 AM
My, my, my, aren't you just frothing at the mouth!!!!!  Such vile, bitter and powerful words!!!!!    Just kidding, pops--if that is a rant, then you need to take a class in 'ranting'! :)))))))

But I must say I disagree with just about everything you said in your 'rant'.
Good. Maybe you can show my error with logic and empirical evidence. I'm not being a smart ass either. I'm serious. Show my error that I might learn from it.

Johan

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 04, 2016, 11:55:13 PM
Yeah, the fact that we are unique in our placement within observable existence says nothing at all.
Correct.

QuoteThe fact that absolutely everything within observable existence can be described and observed through mathematical terms says nothing for intelligent design whatsoever.
Correct again.

QuoteAnd the fact that there is no evidence supporting chance or coincidence whatsoever shouldn't deter people who claim to use empirical evidence and logic from thinking life happened by chance.
Well two outta three ain't bad.

QuotePeople should continue to assume that some level of creation and evolution can't possibly both be right, because they totally don't work together.
People can assume whatever they like. What I can tell you for sure is that there is as yet no evidence to support the assumption that some level of creation is involved.

QuotePeople should continue to consider all religions to be contradictory to one another even when a quick unbiased reading of any of the core texts of said religions are seemingly the same and span history and geography.
Who says all religions are contradictory to one another? I think most would agree they're for the most part all the same. Which only makes sense when you consider the source. When you get right down to it, most cars are all the same. They're all designed and made by people and they're all designed to do more or less the same thing. So they're all more similar than they are different. Same with airplanes. They're all designed and built by people and they're all designed and built to do more or less the same thing. So they all look very similar when you get right down to it. Same thing with chairs. Same thing with tables. Same thing with refrigerators. Same thing with religion. In each case, they are things that are designed by people and each is designed for a specific purpose therefore all incarnations of each is bound to largely resemble all other incarnations of each. Pretty simple how that works.

QuotePeople should continue to ignore their conscience via societal norms and personal want. And when it affects them negatively they can just take meds and occupy their mind with fruitless bs.
Speak for yourself. My conscience is just fine.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

"People can assume whatever they like. What I can tell you for sure is that there is as yet no evidence to support the assumption that some level of creation is involved."

It would appear that there is more and more time and space being "created" ... in terms of appearing out of nowhere.  Or does space and time produce more space and time?  Mass/energy does seem to stay the same, isn't "created", but the details on Dark Energy and Dark Matter are still pending.

What Pop's means is probably what I mean.  I didn't exist before I was born, and I won't exist after I die (at least in this universe).  In that sense I was created and I will be destroyed, even though my mass/energy balance has been maintained all along.  To physical science, my mass/energy has been exchanged with my environment, and my mass/energy has been rearranged within myself, but the accounting balance is zero.  But all of that matters to me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 09:46:12 AM
Good. Maybe you can show my error with logic and empirical evidence. I'm not being a smart ass either. I'm serious. Show my error that I might learn from it.

That would be a labor of futility.  Why?  Because you are blinded by your self confessed 'faith'.  You would not see any 'evidence' as such.  There would be no point in going to such effort.  Just as when you claimed to have been an atheist, you did not change your outlook because of 'evidence'--not of the kind that can be examined by anybody else but you.  You did your own mind changing.  And that will not happen unless and until you will allow it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2016, 01:05:44 PM
"People can assume whatever they like. What I can tell you for sure is that there is as yet no evidence to support the assumption that some level of creation is involved."

It would appear that there is more and more time and space being "created" ... in terms of appearing out of nowhere.  Or does space and time produce more space and time?  Mass/energy does seem to stay the same, isn't "created", but the details on Dark Energy and Dark Matter are still pending.

What Pop's means is probably what I mean.  I didn't exist before I was born, and I won't exist after I die (at least in this universe).  In that sense I was created and I will be destroyed, even though my mass/energy balance has been maintained all along.  To physical science, my mass/energy has been exchanged with my environment, and my mass/energy has been rearranged within myself, but the accounting balance is zero.  But all of that matters to me ;-)

Maybe--maybe not.  You use 'created' for 'made'.  I was made from biological stuff.  I was not created whole cloth; the system and materials were present.  I think pops means that the 'creator' made the universe and all that stuff, from whole cloth--the creator created not only the universe, but the system and the materials to do it with.  In that sense, for me, nothing in this universe was 'created'; everything was/is contained within the universe and so are the systems needed to make stuff. 

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 09:46:12 AM
Maybe you can show my error with logic and empirical evidence. I'm not being a smart ass either. I'm serious. Show my error that I might learn from it.

Claims god is all powerful and all knowing, but his god, by the very words contained in the babble:

Can't beat humans who have iron wheels
Always take three tries to beat any other army
Claims that one third of the stars have been flung to the earth (at least two times already) with absolutely no possible evidence or chance of it every actually happening, not to bring up the fact that it would be impossible, Period.
Claims the sky can be rolled up like a scroll.
Kills children for teasing a man who is bald, and claims the moral high ground
Rewards a man who claims his was too drunk to know he fucked both his daughters.
Rewards a man who lied about his wife being his wife and punished the innocent who believed he was telling the truth.
Orders a woman to be dismembered should she fight to save the life of her husband
Orders children be murdered for the crime of being born to another tribe
Orders the rape of little girls.

You go boy, ignore everything in the babble that disagrees with logic and empirical evidence. LOLOLOL….

idiot.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 02:04:47 PM
Claims god is all powerful and all knowing, but his god, by the very words contained in the babble:

Can't beat humans who have iron wheels
Always take three tries to beat any other army
Claims that one third of the stars have been flung to the earth (at least two times already) with absolutely no possible evidence or chance of it every actually happening, not to bring up the fact that it would be impossible, Period.
Claims the sky can be rolled up like a scroll.
Kills children for teasing a man who is bald, and claims the moral high ground
Rewards a man who claims his was too drunk to know he fucked both his daughters.
Rewards a man who lied about his wife being his wife and punished the innocent who believed he was telling the truth.
Orders a woman to be dismembered should she fight to save the life of her husband
Orders children be murdered for the crime of being born to another tribe
Orders the rape of little girls.

You go boy, ignore everything in the babble that disagrees with logic and empirical evidence. LOLOLOL….

idiot.
Only a fool would take such things literally.

The rest is gross manipulation of the texts.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 03:18:31 PM
Only a fool would take such things literally.

The rest is gross manipulation of the texts.

……..except for the parts you agree with…..LOLOLOL

idiot.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 01:54:33 PM
That would be a labor of futility.  Why?  Because you are blinded by your self confessed 'faith'.  You would not see any 'evidence' as such.  There would be no point in going to such effort.  Just as when you claimed to have been an atheist, you did not change your outlook because of 'evidence'--not of the kind that can be examined by anybody else but you.  You did your own mind changing.  And that will not happen unless and until you will allow it.
Wow, such effort. That seems like a chicken shit way to crawfish out of your previous statement.

You don't agree with what I said.

You use irrefutable logic and empirical evidence to show that what you believe is true and not only belief.

I would have no choice but to admit if and where you are right. How could I refute it if it is indeed based on logic and evidence?

I hold exceptionally high regard for scientific endeavor and empirical knowledge as I was an atheist for a really long time for good reason. Please don't assume I through out my logic or previously acquired understanding/ critical thinking skills/ or beliefs. Why would I? Is not atheism the lack of belief? As such one can believe and still not loose anything from atheism.

I really can't see your logic even here, so maybe you are right.😜   

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 03:24:15 PM

……..except for the parts you agree with…..LOLOLOL

idiot.
You seem to misunderstand what I am saying.

You are manipulating the texts. Not someone else in this case

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 03:28:19 PM
Wow, such effort. That seems like a chicken shit way to crawfish out of your previous statement.

You don't agree with what I said.

You use irrefutable logic and empirical evidence to show that what you believe is true and not only belief.

I would have no choice but to admit if and where you are right. How could I refute it if it is indeed based on logic and evidence?

I hold exceptionally high regard for scientific endeavor and empirical knowledge as I was an atheist for a really long time for good reason. Please don't assume I through out my logic or previously acquired understanding/ critical thinking skills/ or beliefs. Why would I? Is not atheism the lack of belief? As such one can believe and still not loose anything from atheism.

I really can't see your logic even here, so maybe you are right.😜   

Okay, let me put it this way then.  Get off your lazy, fucking arrogant ass and look it up--we have talked on this subject from your first post, basically.  You are simply a blind, fucking willfully ignorant theist--it is that simple--stupid! You make a virtue of your fucking ignorance. 

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 04:20:14 PM
Okay, let me put it this way then.  Get off your lazy, fucking arrogant ass and look it up--we have talked on this subject from your first post, basically.  You are simply a blind, fucking willfully ignorant theist--it is that simple--stupid! You make a virtue of your fucking ignorance.
The ole failsafe; calling names.

No one can refute that.

Good job

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 04:22:05 PM
The ole failsafe; calling names.

No one can refute that.

Good job

I see, so this is you version of 'a chicken shit way to crawfish out'.