Athiest are the dumbest people. No Offence its just true.

Started by Babytooth, May 05, 2016, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 12, 2016, 07:40:43 PM
Fools can trust the Bible. Rational people demand better evidence.
Sure. When you talk about religious beliefs that is very apt. But there are.... uhhh distractions.

Gerard

Baruch

Quote from: Gerard on May 12, 2016, 08:04:07 PM
Well, I don't see it entirely that way. Plato (or at least neoplatonism) paved the way for monotheism in the Greco-Roman world.

Gerard

That is something the Christian apologists claimed, to justify kidnapping his legacy ;-)  Monotheism was already there, read Epictetus or Xenophanes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 12, 2016, 07:01:41 PM
I have a very hard time separating theologians from apologists. Anytime you (study and) adhere to a religious dogma, you have to be an apologist. How else can one justify belief in the irrational?

I just made this up. Let's see how it works:

Scientist = Theologian
Engineer = Clergy
Technician/Customer Support = Apologist

Apologists help people to understand stuff discovered by theologians and preached by the clergy.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 09:20:01 PM

Scientist = Theologian
Engineer = Clergy

Apologists help people to understand stuff discovered by theologians and preached by the clergy.

Thats not an answer to his question.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mike Cl

I just made this up--let's see how this works.
Theologian, clergy, apologist=charlatan.  Yeah, works for me!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 09:20:01 PMApologists help people to understand stuff discovered by theologians and preached by the clergy.

Apologists are ideological salespeople and spin-doctors.  All they care about is selling their ideology to anyone who will listen.  They're hucksters and liars, and most people can see right through them.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 11:11:23 AM
I extended you the courtesy of watching your video as you requested, and having done so, I think I'm entitled to a little latitude before I address your questions.

If that's a problem, we can end this right now. Your call, slick.

In other words, you don't want to answer the questions because they're hurt your position. Instead, you want to put my questions aside so that you can attempt to build up your case first. I do not owe you anything in exchange for you watching a short video.

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 11:11:23 AMEvasive.

And I'm done with you. There's nothing to be gained from talking to someone like you. It's not even entertaining any more. I'll wait for someone more intelligent and less hypocritical, or at least someone who answers questions.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 09:20:01 PM

Scientist = Theologian
Engineer = Clergy

Insulting!

Whack-a-doodle = Randy
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 13, 2016, 02:21:49 AM
In other words, you don't want to answer the questions because they're hurt your position. Instead, you want to put my questions aside so that you can attempt to build up your case first. I do not owe you anything in exchange for you watching a short video.

And I'm done with you. There's nothing to be gained from talking to someone like you. It's not even entertaining any more. I'll wait for someone more intelligent and less hypocritical, or at least someone who answers questions.

The purpose of my questions was simple: To highlight the fact that the Soviet Union, China and other communist countries established extensive indoctrination systems that were every bit as pervasive as those ascribed to religious groups in the video by DarkMatters. IOW, Christians aren't the only ones who pass along what they believe by means of a variety of methodologies and societal structures.

And that takes a bit of the wind out of DarkMatters' sails, doesn't it? Because if everyone is "indoctrinating" their kids to varying degrees, then it's not such a dark matter, after all.

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 13, 2016, 07:47:25 AM
The purpose of my questions was simple: To highlight the fact that the Soviet Union, China and other communist countries established extensive indoctrination systems that were every bit as pervasive as those ascribed to religious groups in the video by DarkMatters. IOW, Christians aren't the only ones who pass along what they believe by means of a variety of methodologies and societal structures.

And that takes a bit of the wind out of DarkMatters' sails, doesn't it? Because if everyone is "indoctrinating" their kids to varying degrees, then it's not such a dark matter, after all.

Doesn't that point to the idea that it's possible to indoctrinate and force any thought on people under your care, regardless of whether it's a "good" or "bad" idea.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 13, 2016, 07:47:25 AM

You watch Alex Jones?  Yes the pod-people communists have infiltrated your countries.  Just don't say "Telefon"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on May 13, 2016, 11:17:14 AM
Doesn't that point to the idea that it's possible to indoctrinate and force any thought on people under your care, regardless of whether it's a "good" or "bad" idea.

Absolutely!

DarkMatters' video attempted to paint religious groups in a negative light; coming up short, it simply explains a universal phenomenon while implying that "indoctrination" is an evil employed exclusively by religious people.

As my examples suggest, Atheists have employed the same tactics when establishing states in which religion was not acceptable.

Knowing

Well when babytooth got banned around page 5 I have not read any more since then, and I'm not going to unless it was a reply directed towards babytooth.
Also how pitty was it to ban him for speaking truth?

That being said let's roll
Hahaha.

Ok we are supernatural ourselves.
The laws of nature are supernatural.
A guy mocks sky people when he himself is a sky person.
Proved how heaven is not at all far fetched. Bc it is a kingdom in the sky, just as earth is also a kingdom in the sky. But beyond our brain in greatness. No evil within the gates.
What makes up physical is in fact non physical,atoms are empty space etc.
The ability to think is so amazing and athiest can't seem to see that.

That's about all I'm remembering off the top of my head.

But here's something that hit me tonight. I should make a lil social media banner out of it lol.
"The difference between me and atheist"
"Atheist know that what they think is true, I know what is true"

You see there's a big difference between thinking and knowing, as you know what u think. I know there is a God and which one is the truth and only true God.

Something else before y'all get.squaking what.you've googled. I look down on that btw,
Here's just something.to think About as y'all all do what you've been trained all the day.
Most of u like to point out spelling(we spoke of this before the ban,about how most ppl are wrongly gauging one's intelligence) here's a little organic fact, no1 knows how any.word is truly properly spelled we only know how other men before us have told us there belief on a correct spelling. Haha

I will.cut y'all.down quick man. I really believe I am out thinking you all by 100 to 1. Daily.. Daily
You all can't deal with simple unseen by most facts. It fucks.yalls.head up. Lol
No1 has been able to argue what babytooth said nor me.

We will eat you with Knowing.

Hydra009

Quote from: Knowing on May 15, 2016, 01:34:31 AMhere's a little organic fact, no1 knows how any.word is truly properly spelled we only know how other men before us have told us there belief on a correct spelling. Haha

Blackleaf

Quote from: Knowing on May 15, 2016, 01:34:31 AM
Well when babytooth got banned around page 5 I have not read any more since then, and I'm not going to unless it was a reply directed towards babytooth.
Also how pitty was it to ban him for speaking truth?

That being said let's roll
Hahaha.

Ok we are supernatural ourselves.
The laws of nature are supernatural.
A guy mocks sky people when he himself is a sky person.
Proved how heaven is not at all far fetched. Bc it is a kingdom in the sky, just as earth is also a kingdom in the sky. But beyond our brain in greatness. No evil within the gates.
What makes up physical is in fact non physical,atoms are empty space etc.
The ability to think is so amazing and athiest can't seem to see that.

That's about all I'm remembering off the top of my head.

But here's something that hit me tonight. I should make a lil social media banner out of it lol.
"The difference between me and atheist"
"Atheist know that what they think is true, I know what is true"

You see there's a big difference between thinking and knowing, as you know what u think. I know there is a God and which one is the truth and only true God.

Something else before y'all get.squaking what.you've googled. I look down on that btw,
Here's just something.to think About as y'all all do what you've been trained all the day.
Most of u like to point out spelling(we spoke of this before the ban,about how most ppl are wrongly gauging one's intelligence) here's a little organic fact, no1 knows how any.word is truly properly spelled we only know how other men before us have told us there belief on a correct spelling. Haha

I will.cut y'all.down quick man. I really believe I am out thinking you all by 100 to 1. Daily.. Daily
You all can't deal with simple unseen by most facts. It fucks.yalls.head up. Lol
No1 has been able to argue what babytooth said nor me.

We will eat you with Knowing.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--