News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Donald Stands Alone

Started by stromboli, May 03, 2016, 10:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

think the whole Trump campaign is about to go full blown "center of the road". This is going to be fun to watch. Frankly I don't think a president can "ruin" a country, and maybe, were he to win, the idea that we should suspend the bleeding of funds to the rest of the world may be an interesting see.

I really don't care for Hillary, nor Trump, but I think Trump would be a more interesting show.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 04, 2016, 06:33:33 PM
The religious lunatic is out of the race, now all america had to look forward to is age of the money hording tycoon.

I would take Andrew Carnegie for $1 billion (Jeopardy).  Don't like tycoons?  Then elect a Gandhi.  I would take the Gilded Age US from 1890 to 1910 when we scared the kippers out of the British Empire.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on May 04, 2016, 07:17:56 PM
Shit just gets weirder. The very idea that Republicans can even consider siding with a female Democrat is Apocalyptic. Might have to move into that cave after all......

Hillary has been a closet Republican her whole life ... same as Bill.  Hillary is also clearly the man in their relationship.  So she is neither female, nor Democrat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

OK I need insight.

So if Trump loses -fingers crossed- this is actually much better than another republican candidate losing at this stage -generally speaking- means worse for the republican party, is that true?

I mean, Trump becoming the candidate and losing at this stage is better than him losing from the beginning?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

Well,  so much for the 'deep bench' of candidates that the rubes had to offer this election cycle..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Here's an interesting find:  Trump is a little strapped for cash atm.  He'll no doubt get new funds soon, but the primary was more of a struggle for him than one might think.

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 01:25:17 AM
OK I need insight.

So if Trump loses -fingers crossed- this is actually much better than another republican candidate losing at this stage -generally speaking- means worse for the republican party, is that true?

I mean, Trump becoming the candidate and losing at this stage is better than him losing from the beginning?

I think it's a combination of strategic and wishful thinking that people are talking about.  The perception is that Hillary, the obvious Democrat, would walk all over Trump in the general election, so Democrats wanted him to win the primaries.  But there's no guarantee that he would be easier to beat than Ted Cruz or anyone else.  No one knows for sure what's really going to happen.

It's like a game of poker.  You realize the cards in your hand are crap, but you're hoping that everyone else gets worse crap.  Or sometimes you think your cards are great, but in the end, they turn out to be really horrible crap.  But when it's all over, you're just thankful to go home with your shirt.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on May 05, 2016, 05:31:32 AM
I think it's a combination of strategic and wishful thinking people were talking about.  The perception is that Hillary, the obvious Democrat, would walk all over Drumpf in the general election, so Democrats wanted him to win the primaries.  But there's no guarantee that he would be easier to beat than Ted Cruz or anyone else.  No one knows for sure what's really going to happen.

It's like a game of poker.  You realize the cards in your hand are crap, but you're hoping that everyone else gets worse crap.  Or sometimes you think your cards are great, but in the end, they turn out to be really horrible crap.  But when it's all over, you're just thankful to go home with shirt.

Thanks, SGOS.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Or the negatives for Trump and Hillary are so great, a third party candidate (say Jill Stein) manages to get a plurality (not majority) of the vote, and thus the Electoral College).  It is expected that this general election (assuming nothing happens at the conventions and Hillary isn't arrested by the FBI) will be spectacularly dirty, enough to make Nixon blush.  Then Independents can make their presence even more powerful .. bwahaha.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 01:25:17 AM
OK I need insight.

That's how I see it.  I mean, the Bush's said they will not support Trump.  So, the Rep. party will be torn apart in what could be considered a civil war.  A tiny fraction of the will vote for Hillary.  Most that are against Trump will just not vote.  In either case, it is a win for the Demo party, and for the country.  It will be fun to watch the Rep. party implode.  Or so I hope happens.  With the huge number of Stupid Fucking Americans who vote, no telling................The Donald could win.  If that happens it will not be a pretty picture.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

I don't count trump out by any stretch, because he got this far appealing to specifics that make him popular. He has no conscience and no scruples. He will do what gets him the win. Any way you slice it, it will not be a pretty election.

Baruch

When an actor got elected President in 1980, the Earth was destroyed.  We are on Earth 2.0 ... like in Hitchhiker's Guide ... and don't know it.

If I don't see another Democrat president again in my lifetime, that is OK with me ... Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama ... bah, humbug!

Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr ... mostly good, though Bush Jr is the exception that proves the rule ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 04, 2016, 12:18:26 AM
So, was Hillary just elected????
I am sure the American voters are smarter than voting for a demagogue mouthpiece. Trump gets an average of say 45% of the conservative vote right now and the more he talks, the more he shows that he has the IQ of a spittoon. The only thing this guy has going for him is the gift of the gap. Inherited millions, went bankrupt 4 times and telling himself and others constantly how smart he is. The sad thing is that out of 320 million folks, Trump and Clinton are the only choices. Without sounding condescending, I am glad to be Canadian. We got a lot of shit on our plate too, but the bar in this (your) election contest has been set very low. The language and the personal attacks don't bode well for the position of the most powerful politician on the Planet. Just sayin'... as a foreigner.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Mike Cl

Quote from: reasonist on May 06, 2016, 03:21:39 PM
I am sure the American voters are smarter than voting for a demagogue mouthpiece. Trump gets an average of say 45% of the conservative vote right now and the more he talks, the more he shows that he has the IQ of a spittoon. The only thing this guy has going for him is the gift of the gap. Inherited millions, went bankrupt 4 times and telling himself and others constantly how smart he is. The sad thing is that out of 320 million folks, Trump and Clinton are the only choices. Without sounding condescending, I am glad to be Canadian. We got a lot of shit on our plate too, but the bar in this (your) election contest has been set very low. The language and the personal attacks don't bode well for the position of the most powerful politician on the Planet. Just sayin'... as a foreigner.
Yeah.  Just sayin'...............as a native of the USA. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 06, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

Ancient Athens was a shit hole too ... Plato said so.  But then Plato was part of the 1% club.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.