One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Randy can never be honest about the Bible, because his church is about the Church, not about the Bible.  Two different things, even for other Christians, even for Jews and Muslims.  We put our institutions ahead of everything else.  The Bible doesn't authorize the synagogue or the church as we know them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Johan

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 22, 2016, 11:20:32 AM
It's been my personal finding that most atheists are actually deists of sorts.
I'd love to hear the twisted logic that leads you to even entertain this notion much less actually believe it.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 22, 2016, 02:56:45 PM
I guess he understands (or makes the judgement--christians love, love, love to do that!  Makes them feel all warm and tingly inside) that your soul is too polluted (with the truth) to save.  So, as all good christians do, besides passing judgments, is to ignore the FACTS, willfully so, and continue down their blind path all in good faith.

MikeCI,

Well, you have to feel sorry for poor ol' Randy because he knows he is headed for the sulfur lakes of Hell upon his demise as shown below for his outright disparaging acts against the Jesus character.  This is why he is acting in the way he is, because he has nothing to lose anymore.  :(

1. Randy called JESUS A MORAL MONSTER!: This was done by him because Jesus being god of the Old Testament, he blasphemed the spirit of Yahweh as part of the Triune, which in turn, he committed the Unpardonable Sin as described in Matthew 12:31-32!    http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=10036.15    (Reply #18)

2. Randy CALLED JESUS A LIAR!: He did this in Matthew 5:18 and 2 Peter 3:10 by insidiously trying in vain to rewrite the bible by not recognizing that heaven and earth have to pass away first before the Old Testament Laws are no longer viable as Jesus states in the verses in question!   http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=10069.75   (Reply #77)

3. Randy PRECLUDED THAT JESUS IS BURING IN HELL!: This is when he said that by me calling him a fool, I will burn in hell, but using his biblical passage, I then showed the ignorant Randy that he therefore says that Jesus is therefore burning in Hell!   http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=10069.105   (Reply #116)

Get this, subsequent to Randy doing the blatant despicable acts against his Jesus above, he actually thinks he is still going to heaven! Number 1 above took him out of contention to heaven by itself! LOL

This is how IGNORANT Randy Carson is, by not following this passage shown below, where he isn't supposed to be in this forum in the first place!;
“I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.” (Romans 16:17)

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 21, 2016, 05:52:09 PM
And actually; if you discount some of the ot; most other ancient writings and not so old ones are all pretty much the same.

Yeah we know that. That's kinda why we are atheist, we can recognize bullshit.

You refuse to accept what you just admitted. It's all the same bullshit. The only difference is you think your bullshit doesn't stink and theirs does, while they think the same about yours.

Welcome to real life, where most the world thinks you are a moron.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2016, 11:58:31 AM
All people die.  Some people die for stupid things.  If confronted as an ancient Jew, by an ancient Roman ... I might dissimulate and live, or spit in his face and die.  Why is that important to you?  You are Roman, not Jewish, so you have nothing to fear from your own kind, do you?

I absolutely agree about allegorical interpretation.  But people don't die for allegory, they die because of their mistaken literalism.  Jewish zealots didn't die for literary theory ... they literally thought, per Hannukah etc ... that G-d would drop from the skies and smite the Romans.

There are some who aren't acting?  Who are these demigods, are they like Heracles?  Old Jewish stories have something similar ... the lamedvavnicks ... a small group of holy Jewish men, who can never admit who they are, even to themselves, and for whose sake, their virtue being so great, G-d doesn't destroy the world.  Gotta be at least ten of them, maybe more ... to make a minyan, like Abraham was dealing with G-d regarding the Sodomites.  James the Just was Yaakov HaTzaddik ... a Tzaddik is the ancient version of such holy men.
I fear nothing but the effects of my actions or the lack there of.

I consider myself both Jew and gentile. There is no division there. Either one is faithful to GOD or not.

You kinda lost me with the literal/ metaphorical thing, and why people die. Yes all die, but those who willingly die for what they at least partially know, to me speaks for the credence or seriousness of the topic at hand. I wouldn't willingly die over Harry Potter. I would gladly die standing for what I personally know to be of truth though.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Johan on May 22, 2016, 05:36:49 PM
I'd love to hear the twisted logic that leads you to even entertain this notion much less actually believe it.
Word of mouth from proclaimed atheists. Not here necessarily.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 22, 2016, 05:52:55 PM
Yeah we know that. That's kinda why we are atheist, we can recognize bullshit.

You refuse to accept what you just admitted. It's all the same bullshit. The only difference is you think your bullshit doesn't stink and theirs does, while they think the same about yours.

Welcome to real life, where most the world thinks you are a moron.
What do I refuse to accept.

Perhaps now is a good time to remind people that I was an adamant atheist for well over 20 years.

Please list what I consider wrong, and how, or where I stated I was right and others are wrong.

It isn't bullshit. If it was; when faced with certain death, the provocateurs of said bullshit would eagerly admit their jest that they might live.
Thanks, peace.

Oh yeah; I really couldn't care any less if anyone thinks I am a moron or below them in any way as I consider all life to be of equal value.

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 23, 2016, 08:23:10 AM
Word of mouth from proclaimed atheists. Not here necessarily.

AKA "God's Not Dead."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 23, 2016, 09:12:59 AM
AKA "God's Not Dead."
? Are you talking about a movie. Because I'm not.

stromboli

Sky Daddy A vs Sky Daddy B. Grow up in Utah worship the Mormon version, in India the Hindu version(s). The "one true god" is whatever deity you buy into. choose one. There are thousands to choose from. And each one is just as true (or untrue) as the next.

As a secular humanist I'll choose what I can see as relevant and progressive for humanity. Secularism advances the human condition, not that of an unproven god. Money on a collection plate too often pays for an ornate building and the lifestyle of the proprietor. Paid for a few of those over the years. God A though Z supposedly is beneficial to humanity, but I've never personally seen how they actually do that, other than occasionally send money to a home for unwed mothers; most support missions in foreign countries trying to convince people to put money on other collection plates. Doesn't strike me as purposeful or useful.

Maybe if we stop throwing money at an imaginary Sky Daddy and spend the money to actually aid humans directly, we might accomplish something. A buck given to a homeless man goes further in real time than a buck donated to pay for a building you visit for 2 hours once a week. No thanks. Keep your religion.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: stromboli on May 23, 2016, 09:52:05 AM
Sky Daddy A vs Sky Daddy B. Grow up in Utah worship the Mormon version, in India the Hindu version(s). The "one true god" is whatever deity you buy into. choose one. There are thousands to choose from. And each one is just as true (or untrue) as the next.

As a secular humanist I'll choose what I can see as relevant and progressive for humanity. Secularism advances the human condition, not that of an unproven god. Money on a collection plate too often pays for an ornate building and the lifestyle of the proprietor. Paid for a few of those over the years. God A though Z supposedly is beneficial to humanity, but I've never personally seen how they actually do that, other than occasionally send money to a home for unwed mothers; most support missions in foreign countries trying to convince people to put money on other collection plates. Doesn't strike me as purposeful or useful.

Maybe if we stop throwing money at an imaginary Sky Daddy and spend the money to actually aid humans directly, we might accomplish something. A buck given to a homeless man goes further in real time than a buck donated to pay for a building you visit for 2 hours once a week. No thanks. Keep your religion.
Faith in GOD has little to do with much organized religion and less to do with money.

Peace

stromboli

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 23, 2016, 09:58:28 AM
Faith in GOD has little to do with much organized religion and less to do with money.

Peace

I suggest you go find a reliable water fountain and worship that. You get an immediate return and it doesn't cost anything. Also less stressful on your knees, unless its the kiddie fountain at Target.

Randy Carson

Quote from: stromboli on May 23, 2016, 09:52:05 AM

That's a non sequitur. Your stated assumption is that all religions are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Christianity is based upon a single historical event. If that event occurred, then Christianity is true. If not, there is no need to waste your time on it. Therefore, thoughtful examination of the evidence for the resurrection is of paramount importance.

Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

doorknob

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 23, 2016, 10:20:04 AM
That's a non sequitur. Your stated assumption is that all religions are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Christianity is based upon a single historical event. If that event occurred, then Christianity is true. If not, there is no need to waste your time on it. Therefore, thoughtful examination of the evidence for the resurrection is of paramount importance.

wow if you understand that much it's a mystery as to why you still believe. Many of us here have been telling you there was no historical event that happened.

There is no evidence that jesus existed or any of the bible bulshit is real. None! Historians will tell you this if you would wake up and read none christian propaganda once in a while.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 23, 2016, 09:58:28 AM

Peace

Bullshit!!! Of the highest order. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?