Started by josephpalazzo, November 18, 2015, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 18, 2015, 09:28:13 PM

Because antiislam is taken as "pro western imperialism" a lot here

And alarmist

And racist

Religion isn't a race

To simple minded folks ... to fight Islam, requires pro-Western imperialism ... they can't see Russia or China taking care of it.

To simple minded folks ... a dozen crazy armed people are the same as the Wehrmacht.

To simple minded folks ... Arabs are Muslims and Muslims are Arabs and are dark skinned.

To simple minded folks ... the fact that most Muslims are Indonesian and Indian (particularly we include Pakistan and Bangladesh) ... who are mostly a threat to themselves not the West.

Unfortunately enlightenment is no more to be found among atheists than among theists ... but a few humans get it.

And I just got thru listening to Hitchens in 2006 about Jefferson and the war against Islam.  Bush/Obama is no Jefferson.  And the Barbary pirates that were preying on Europeans and Americans 200 years ago, were considerably more a threat than Islam is today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: facebook164 on November 19, 2015, 12:41:05 AM
For fuck sakes: a tiny tiny group of people did this. Not "muslims". 

I call them Mohammedans. The followers of Muhammad.

This tiny, tiny group has a lot of supporters, financiers, logistics, weapon providers, imams, who should not be ignored, they exist and they are quite a lot of people when added up. Not all of them are Muslims.

Just as culpable as the "tiny tiny" group

Jihad (holy war)  is incumbent on EVERY Muslim.
Those who do not take part in the jihad are hypocrates who will burn in hell (according to the Islamic law.

But. Let's say that just 10 percent of 1.5 billion are jihadist. That tiny minority is then 150 million.
Add another 20 percent supporters, financiers, suppliers, planners, etc. The rest are looking the other way.

Quite an army. Not a tiny, tiny group at all.

Goodness, that doesn't agree with you fantasy. Must be a mistake.

Hakurei Reimu

European nations need to have the balls to tell Muslims who want a European Islamic state to stick their thumbs up their asses. If not, then they'll get swept away and they will deserve to. Quite frankly, if they capitulate to some loud Muslims, they'll capitulate to anyone. It would really be only a matter of time before they would capitulate to the fundamentalist christians that we've been sending you for a while.

That said...

Quote from: pr126 on November 19, 2015, 04:37:37 AM
Jihad (holy war)  is incumbent on EVERY Muslim.
Just because jihad is incument on every Muslim doesn't mean every Muslim is going to be participating, or even a majority.

Those who do not take part in the jihad are hypocrates who will burn in hell (according to the Islamic law.
Then they go to hell, according to Islamic law as interpreted by those imams, etc. People always disobey laws, even holy laws â€" that's why they have to be stated in the first place.

But. Let's say that just 10 percent of 1.5 billion are jihadist. That tiny minority is then 150 million.
Add another 20 percent supporters, financiers, suppliers, planners, etc. The rest are looking the other way.
And of course, you made both of those percentages up out of whole cloth. They don't mean anything.

Goodness, that doesn't agree with you fantasy. Must be a mistake.
Well, who cares if one man's fantasy conflicts with anothers?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on November 19, 2015, 07:47:14 AM
And of course, you made both of those percentages up out of whole cloth. They don't mean anything.

Over the weekend I saw an article about a Pew poll that asked Muslims if they thought suicide bombing was acceptable. The poll was conducted in several countries with large Muslim population. The countries involved contain about 45% of the world's Muslim population.

Average across all the countries polled more than 10% of the people that participated in the survey thought that suicide bombing was acceptable. Expanded out to the entire population of Muslims in those countries that's about 160,000,000 that support. Now let's throw some numbers at that  total that we pull out of our ass. If 1% of that 160 million actively support terrorists it comes out to be 1.6 million people. All fighting forces use more people to provide logistics support than actual fighters. In the US military that number is about 8 to 1. For this discussion lets go with an even higher number and 10% for actual fighters. That comes out to 160,000 active fighters. By comparison the US military has about 1.362 million active duty personnel. At an 8 to 1 ratio that gives us about 152,000 fighters.

Given that we know Isis alone has at least a few tens of thousands fighters, and that we only included about 45% of the world's Muslims I don't think it's too far fetched to think that there is pool of Muslims willing to blow themselves up for Allah at least the size of the US military.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

pr126

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 19, 2015, 08:33:15 AM
Over the weekend I saw an article about a Pew poll that asked Muslims if they thought suicide bombing was acceptable. The poll was conducted in several countries with large Muslim population. The countries involved contain about 45% of the world's Muslim population.

Average across all the countries polled more than 10% of the people that participated in the survey thought that suicide bombing was acceptable. Expanded out to the entire population of Muslims in those countries that's about 160,000,000 that support. Now let's throw some numbers at that  total that we pull out of our ass. If 1% of that 160 million actively support terrorists it comes out to be 1.6 million people. All fighting forces use more people to provide logistics support than actual fighters. In the US military that number is about 8 to 1. For this discussion lets go with an even higher number and 10% for actual fighters. That comes out to 160,000 active fighters. By comparison the US military has about 1.362 million active duty personnel. At an 8 to 1 ratio that gives us about 152,000 fighters.

Given that we know Isis alone has at least a few tens of thousands fighters, and that we only included about 45% of the world's Muslims I don't think it's too far fetched to think that there is pool of Muslims willing to blow themselves up for Allah at least the size of the US military.

You are not helping.
It is simply too disturbing to believe that not all Muslims are moderate and peaceful.
So I don't believe that. It helps me sleeping at nights.

Reality is not for everybody.

josephpalazzo

If one looks at ISIS alone: it controls a territory the size of half of France, with 10 million people, and just from the sale of oil on the black market - an annual revenue of $400 million. Taking into consideration that it captured $2 billion worth of American military equipment when the the Iraqi army desisted, and you have quite something to think about.

CloneKai

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 19, 2015, 08:33:15 AM

i really wouldn't trust those polls much.
many of these people see white men as evil or Christian as evil.
i don't think it will be much different than amercan opinion on whether they should invade Afghanistan for 9/11
or sanction iran for nuclear thingy

pr126

The Islamic State is something of a misnomer. In reality, it is not a sovereign state with defined borders as we understand.
It is a Caliphate.
Where politics, law, economy, everything is governed by sharia. There cannot be a separation of religion and state.

Islam does not believe in a nation state, or borders. It is the ummah.

It's goal is to spread accross the planet, as the whole planet belongs to Allah, and Muslims are the custodians of it.
The aim is to cleanse the world of kufr, not necessarely for everybody to be a Muslim, but everybody must be under Muslim rule.

Sharia is not just for Muslims, but for all.

CloneKai

well yeah
there is only one god who made everything
so human all have to follow god's law
that is common sense  :confused:

Baruch

Quote from: CloneKai on November 19, 2015, 10:53:07 AM
i really wouldn't trust those polls much.
many of these people see white men as evil or Christian as evil.
i don't think it will be much different than amercan opinion on whether they should invade Afghanistan for 9/11
or sanction iran for nuclear thingy

Probably correct ... but for example, 20% of Americans are anti-Jewish ... so that means I have about 65 million enemies in my own country.  I am not very worried about Muslims in India coming to get me.  If I were a political candidate in Pakistan or Bangladesh ... I might be concerned.

At one time, Churchill praised both Mussolini and Hitler.

Technically, Shia don't follow Muhammad, but some ayatollah.  This is why the Sunnis hate them ... they won't create an idolatry out of Muhammad.

While there may be one G-d, nobody agrees on which one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

QuoteWhile there may be one G-d, nobody agrees on which one.
A schizophrenic one for sure. With several other mental disorders.

God is a ceation of man. Each version is the projection of the "prophet" that created it.

Allah for example is the creation and projection of Muhammad, who had frontal lobe epilepsy, malignant narcissist, psychopathology, mysogyny, paedophile, pervert mass murderer.

We all see what kind of god he created. It's in the Quran, sunna and sira.

CloneKai

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2015, 12:11:51 PM
Probably correct ... but for example, 20% of Americans are anti-Jewish ... so that means I have about 65 million enemies in my own country.  I am not very worried about Muslims in India coming to get me.  If I were a political candidate in Pakistan or Bangladesh ... I might be concerned.

At one time, Churchill praised both Mussolini and Hitler.

Technically, Shia don't follow Muhammad, but some ayatollah.  This is why the Sunnis hate them ... they won't create an idolatry out of Muhammad.

While there may be one G-d, nobody agrees on which one.
don't mind me asking, why are you a theist again  :eh: