News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Friends share interesting forums

Started by Baruch, June 10, 2015, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Solitary ... congratulations on having a friend ;-)  I hope you have more than just one!  Not all Abrahamics are closed minded ... I am one myself.

Background ... my early employment was in engineering ... so I had to be schooled in math and science, though these weren't my favorite subjects.  Then I moved on to computer work, again applied ... data processing not fancy algorithms.  So I like ... logic, math, science, technology and medicine ... so I provide support for computer operations in a medical setting these days.

Jack of all trades, master of none.  But really, all that left brain stuff left me out of balance, leaning to one side ... I would have preferred to do more cultural pursuits, but I wanted to eat ;-)  I am trying to rebalance now.  Eventually my starboard and port may be on a more even keel.  But age has done much damage to my bow and stern ;-)  Though logic, math, science etc are applied philosophy (sorry Dr Hawking) ... the deeper end of the humanities ... have an attraction.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Aitm ... my ex was a Gorn.  Took forever for her to warm up in the morning ;-)  The next summer movie should be "Holocene Park" where the reptiles keep the mammals safely in a nearly natural setting ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on June 12, 2015, 07:36:54 PM... my ex was a Gorn.
I love Star Trek. I even started a thread on here, about Star Trek philosophy. It didn't get much interest. :borg:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

There wasn't much interest in Star Trek philosophy?  What the hell is wrong with you people! ;-)  A bunch of Star Wars fans?

My brain is a bit like overcooked soup ... lots of bits of stuff floating around, that surface and then disappear again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Baruch on June 13, 2015, 09:22:04 AMThere wasn't much interest in Star Trek philosophy?  What the hell is wrong with you people! ;-)  A bunch of Star Wars fans?
Star Wars > Star Trek, you rebel scum.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

ã,´ã,¸ãƒ©ã•ã¾ - are the skeptics skeptical of being skeptical ;-)  A cartoon version of the head of that organization met an untimely end during the wormhole episode of the TV version of Dilbert.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.