Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by sreedevkkumar, February 24, 2016, 08:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 24, 2016, 01:51:33 PM
Hello.

Viking descendant here. I traveled to Goa for 2 weeks when I was in Gymnasium in 2001 with my class. Was right before the monsoon, so it was bloody hot and humid. Nice place apart from the heat.
Well Indian climate can be pretty tough for foreign nationals.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: sreedevkkumar on February 24, 2016, 08:17:28 PM
Well my parents are religious. Even though they are not extremely religious, let's just say they are religious enough to get angry and make a fight when I say something against religion etc. My brother(who is older than me) considers himself to be an agonist though..

What religion?

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 24, 2016, 08:21:39 PM

What religion?
Hinduism

Draconic Aiur

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: sreedevkkumar...Hopefully according to the  latest survey by the government, atheism is the fastest growing belief in India.
Welcome. Although technically it's a lack of belief, not a belief, glad to hear that atheism is spreading where you are. Gives me hope. And it's usually pleasant to have more like-minded people around.

Although belief in god is only one of many barriers to common agreement in the world, it's a big one, and when it's gone a lot of ignorant fear and bullshit rationalizing goes with it. Not that atheists agree on all that much, but usually they at least respect rational thought, even if they're not particularly good at it, and hopefully that gives us a level field to play on.

I look forward to hearing your point of view, as an ex-Hindu.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens Sreedevkkumar, hope you'll like it here.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 25, 2016, 06:42:46 AM
Welcome. Although technically it's a lack of belief, not a belief, glad to hear that atheism is spreading where you are. Gives me hope. And it's usually pleasant to have more like-minded people around.

Although belief in god is only one of many barriers to common agreement in the world, it's a big one, and when it's gone a lot of ignorant fear and bullshit rationalizing goes with it. Not that atheists agree on all that much, but usually they at least respect rational thought, even if they're not particularly good at it, and hopefully that gives us a level field to play on.

I look forward to hearing your point of view, as an ex-Hindu.
I should also mention that religious extremism and intolerance too is in increase in my country.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: sreedevkkumarI should also mention that religious extremism and intolerance too is in increase in my country.
I know how that feels. See, we already have something in common. :wink2:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 25, 2016, 02:02:26 PM
I know how that feels. See, we already have something in common. :wink2:
Yeah lol