News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by sreedevkkumar, February 24, 2016, 08:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sreedevkkumar

A 17 year old atheist from India here.
The main reason why I became an atheist is that I just couldn't agree with the whole concept of 'god'.
I hope to have open discussions with you all.. :)

aitm

Greetings! Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have people from other nationalities that we can pick on..  :)
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: aitm on February 24, 2016, 09:16:37 AM
Greetings! Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have people from other nationalities that we can pick on..  :)
Haha thanks :)

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 24, 2016, 09:46:06 AM
Welcome.
Thank you!

Baruch

Welcome.  We have had another Indian atheist ... from Kashmir, but who doesn't post often.  Some Indian metaphysics supports the atheist position, though most of it does not.  Most regular posters are from GB, US or Australia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: Baruch on February 24, 2016, 11:52:03 AM
Welcome.  We have had another Indian atheist ... from Kashmir, but who doesn't post often.  Some Indian metaphysics supports the atheist position, though most of it does not.  Most regular posters are from GB, US or Australia.
Oh,  I am from Kerala but currently I am living in Mumbai.
Atheistic beliefs can be seen in many ancient Indian cultures,  the most popular of them were the Charvakas.  Unfortunately after the bhakti movement those traditions started losing their popularity and got eventually suppressed. Hopefully according to the  latest survey by the government, atheism is the fastest growing belief in India.

stromboli

Welcome. Met a few people from India- academics and medical professionals- and they were all atheists. some of the best doctors/instructors I encountered, by the way.

Sal1981

Hello.

Viking descendant here. I traveled to Goa for 2 weeks when I was in Gymnasium in 2001 with my class. Was right before the monsoon, so it was bloody hot and humid. Nice place apart from the heat.

Hakurei Reimu

Hello there! I'm one of the three resident touhoufags and the ill-tempered miko of the forum. The pleasure is all yours! :twisted:
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 24, 2016, 05:33:25 PM
Hello there! I'm one of the three resident touhoufags and the ill-tempered miko of the forum. The pleasure is all yours! :twisted:
Touhoufag #2 reporting in.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

My first friend from India, was a PhD electrical engineer from Tamil Nadu.  Very smart person he was.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllRight

Welcome.  If don't mind sharing; were you raised in a religious family?  I was raised christian and am now atheist.

sreedevkkumar

Quote from: AllRight on February 24, 2016, 07:05:40 PM
Welcome.  If don't mind sharing; were you raised in a religious family?  I was raised christian and am now atheist.
Well my parents are religious. Even though they are not extremely religious, let's just say they are religious enough to get angry and make a fight when I say something against religion etc. My brother(who is older than me) considers himself to be an agonist though..