How will you justify procreation in absence of God?

Started by dimaniac, March 21, 2015, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aletheia

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:37:28 PM
So what?

Odd reply. It's merely a scientific fact. Our species dies, the universe continues on it's merry way.

Only time "so what?" has any meaning is if you believe a (insert deity, supernatural element) somehow influences procreation. Then that draws into question possible motives, meaningful consequences... etc.

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:33:50 PM
please read 1st post again. I wrote "in absence of God"

You asked how accidental births are possible in today's world. One part of the answer to that is religion. Many religions oppose any type of birth control.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Aletheia

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:33:50 PM
please read 1st post again. I wrote "in absence of God"

Religion is relevant to forgoing contraceptives and encouraging reproduction because a world can lack a deity and still have people who believe fervently that there is one. This belief can influence behaviour, which in turn affects reproduction rates of a given population.

Therefore your "in absence of God" is maintained. Religion can exist in a world that doesn't have a god.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

dimaniac

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 21, 2015, 02:44:11 PM
You asked how accidental births are possible in today's world. One part of the answer to that is religion. Many religions oppose any type of birth control.
But why would atheists procreate?

dtq123

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Because we actually want kids? Because they are fun to hang out with and are more innocent than you?

I wonder, do you hate them? :eyes:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Aletheia

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Because instincts and desire exist without a god being present.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

dimaniac

Quote from: dtq123 on March 21, 2015, 02:50:13 PM
Because we actually want kids?
For what? Passing on genes? In age of genetic engeneering?
QuoteBecause they are fun
Why should your kids care about your fun?

aitm

As there are no gods and we continue to procreate I would suggest we procreate for the rather mundane reason of enjoyment and having offspring if we so wish. Why does the OP find this difficult to grasp? IS the OP a retard?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

dimaniac

Quote from: Aletheia on March 21, 2015, 02:51:13 PM
Because instincts and desire exist without a god being present.
You have human brains to control those instincts. So justify your choice to procreate in absence of God.

leo

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:57:37 PM
For what? Passing on genes? In age of genetic engeneering? Why should your kids care about your fun?

why you should care about fun?

leo

Quote from: aitm on March 21, 2015, 02:58:26 PM
As there are no gods and we continue to procreate I would suggest we procreate for the rather mundane reason of enjoyment and having offspring if we so wish. Why does the OP find this difficult to grasp? IS the OP a retard?
I think he is acting as a retard but the  OP is just trolling.

dimaniac

Quote from: aitm on March 21, 2015, 02:58:26 PM
Why should your offspring care about your enjoyment?

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

leo

Quote from: dimaniac on March 21, 2015, 02:59:15 PM
You have human brains to control those instincts. So justify your choice to procreate in absence of God.
You should justify your choice to procreate. why would you procreate ?