News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Be honest, you laughed when 3.5 scootaloo ran over angel bunny and hit diamond tiara with a glass bottle.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Sorry I didn't mention it sooner hydra, I really like your profile pic
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Gamer Luna is best Luna.  :P

(kinda makes sense, given that she works the graveyard shift)

GrinningYMIR

It does, gotta be boring at that time o' the night all by your lonesome

Mequa

On watching a documentary on this phenomenon (I forgot which one), I was surprised to see some 'bronies' are actually incredibly macho men.

Perhaps when an ultra-masculine, steroid-shooting, iron-pumping, Harley-driving male enjoys My Little Pony, it's something like getting in touch with his Jungian anima. (Not that I give much credence to Jungian analysis.)  :eyes:

GrinningYMIR

I'm a completely hetero dude and I don't look like the type that would watch it in real life, but I thoroughly enjoy it, its a good show

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 15, 2014, 03:16:23 PMIt does, gotta be boring at that time o' the night all by your lonesome
Yeah, but she also keeps busy as a dream-walker therapist.  Talk about secrets laid bare.  Probably a bit awkward, too.

My headcanon has her as Canterlot's spymaster and defense against the dark arts professor.  Sort of the cloak and dagger to Celestia's more conventional duties as the more public face of the diarchy.

GrinningYMIR

Head canon is the best canon

Luna doesn't have the outright strength of Celestia anymore, if she ever did, so it would make sense for her to use her mind to make an impressive covert defense for Equestria, especially as how she could infiltrate dreams and gather information (if you've ever read The wheel of time, they do something similar in the dream world, which has its own name)

...my head canon also has multiple relationships and twilight as having the greatest potential power of the four princesses.

also Owlicious secretly serves Luna..yes

GrinningYMIR

Here's the biggest question Hydra, how old are the mane six?

Brian37

Just be yourself, other.people's baggage does not have to be yours. I catch a lot of shit for liking ABBA It is your life not theirs.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

FaithIsFilth

My favourite show used to be Hannah Montana, so I'm not going to judge anyone for liking My Little Pony. I watched an episode and it's actually pretty decent. I don't see where all the hate comes from. It's not like it's ABBA or something.

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 17, 2014, 06:16:16 PMHere's the biggest question Hydra, how old are the mane six?
Afaik, when the story starts, they're all young adults (18-20ish), and at least several months go by per season since seasonal holidays come and go.  Canonically, Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie.  And though this could just be their youthful demeanor, but I think that Pinkie and Rainbow Dash are the young ones in the group.  But even so, the age spread is probably only a couple years between all six of them.

Afaik, the CMC are all preteens (11-12ish) and cutie marks typically happen at that age or a few years after, since most of their class has them and the cutie mark celebration party was jokingly called cute-ceañera (a pun on Quinceañera, a girl's 15th birthday)

Additionally, Celestia and Luna are at least a thousand years old (possibly several times that) and Celestia is slightly older than Luna.

GrinningYMIR

I can agree with that. I always had Applejack and Twilight as the oldest of the six, and I lean towards Applejack being older (Her being allowed to go to the equivalency of New York City by herself during Sonic Rainboom indicated she was at least 13 or so) than Twilight.

People argue that they're 13-16 but that sounds way off to me, the fact that they all have jobs and live on their own proves that they're at least adult aged, probably closer to 20 than to 18 as well. And it would make sense for Dash to be the youngest, given her appearance as being one of if not the smallest in the flashbacks, and it might also attribute to her ultra-competitive attitude, the youngest tries to make themselves noticed around the oldest by outdoing them at everything.

As for the CMC, I had them around 11 or 12 too, spot on with that. Come to think of it, I don't think Applebloom had been born yet by the time AJ left for Manehattan, which alone would indicate that 12 or so years had passed since then, she could be as old as her mid-twenties if that is taken into consideration. (Which would mean that characters like Cheerilee and Big Mac would be in their early thirties/late twenties)

One thing is for sure, they're older than 17 by a long shot.

GrinningYMIR

The 100th episode is going to be all about background characters, the fandom is going to erupt over that