News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is wrong with Mormonism?

Started by Eve, November 28, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliofagus

Yadayadayada. Eve can believe anything that in her view cannot be disproven. A book that claims that horses were common in the US before Europeans landed there? Could very well be true. There still a chance we never found any of their bones right?

With these standards Eve can believe anything. Including Harry Potter. It may be Platform number 9,5 (or whatever) has just not been discovered until now.
Yet she chose to believe in the retarded nephew of the retarded nephew of judaism. Which was retarded to begin with.

Also props to Stromboli.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Eve

Quote from: aileron

Eve

Quote from: "Bibliofagus"Yadayadayada. Eve can believe anything that in her view cannot be disproven. A book that claims that horses were common in the US before Europeans landed there? Could very well be true. There still a chance we never found any of their bones right?

With these standards Eve can believe anything. Including Harry Potter. It may be Platform number 9,5 (or whatever) has just not been discovered until now.
Yet she chose to believe in the retarded nephew of the retarded nephew of judaism. Which was retarded to begin with.

Also props to Stromboli.
Sure. I can believe anything I want. But Stromboli tried to prove something and he can not prove or disprove anything about Smith or BoM. This is my point.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "Eve"
Quote from: "Bibliofagus"Yadayadayada. Eve can believe anything that in her view cannot be disproven. A book that claims that horses were common in the US before Europeans landed there? Could very well be true. There still a chance we never found any of their bones right?

Also props to Stromboli.
Sure. I can believe anything I want. But Stromboli tried to prove something and he can not prove or disprove anything about Smith or BoM. This is my point.

In this case Stromboli has obviously got better standards of evidence than you.
Do you get scammed often? Or do you reserve your apparent standards of evidence for mormonism?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Eve"But Stromboli tried to prove something and he can not prove or disprove anything about Smith or BoM. This is my point.
No one can disprove anything. There can only be more and more evidence that leaves less and less room for something to be true. There is increasing evidence that makes the idea of all mythology sound ridiculous because there is such little room for it being true on any instance.

Question for you, Eve: Do you believe the story of Pandora's Box / Pandora's Jar?

Eve

Quote from: PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Question for you, Eve: Do you believe the story of Pandora's Box / Pandora's Jar?
I don't
Do you believe in the story of adam and eve?

aileron

Quote from: "aileron"You're missing the point.  If you can't come up with a standard of evidence that disproves Koresh and Jones as prophets of god, what does that tell you about the standard of evidence you apply to Smith?
I don't apply anything. I am not trying to prove anything. I only respond to Stromboli that his post is waste of time.

So you don't apply anything, presumably you accept the status of Smith as a prophet of God as a matter of faith?  I'm not trying to set up anything here, just trying to understand.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Eve

[quote="P

Eve

Quote from: "aileron"So you don't apply anything, presumably you accept the status of Smith as a prophet of God as a matter of faith?  I'm not trying to set up anything here, just trying to understand.
I had a revelation that Smith is a Prophet of God. I trust(have faith) that God told me the truth.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Eve"Do I have a right to say "yes, I do believe."?
You live in America. You have the right to say whatever you want.

aileron

Quote from: "aileron"So you don't apply anything, presumably you accept the status of Smith as a prophet of God as a matter of faith?  I'm not trying to set up anything here, just trying to understand.
I had a revelation that Smith is a Prophet of God. I trust(have faith) that God told me the truth.

Very well, I for one appreciate your honesty.  

I treat all revelations from God with equally validity.  It's the only way to be fair to all people.

This is because God is a practical joker who loves to reveal truths to some people that are incompatible with the truth he reveals to other people.  God's even managed to start quite a few wars that way.  Will his hilarious hijinks ever cease?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

leo

Really? :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Eve do you believe Satan is the brother of Jesus ? Jesus have many wives and many children?
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

OK, consider this. The test of a true prophet is Deut. 18:22

QuoteWhen a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

How many prophecies have failed?
http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/falseprophecies.htm
There have been many failed prophecies in the history of the church. These are just Joseph Smith's.

He fails the Biblical test of a true prophet. He failed as a leader, he was a liar and a thief. Go ahead, Eve, believe in total BS, because virtually everything about the LDS church is.