News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is wrong with Mormonism?

Started by Eve, November 28, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

You are awesome Stromboli! What an interesting history you have. All the friends I had that were atheists were Mormon before accept one. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Minimalist

Generally speaking I regard all theists as fools who profess to believe tall tales.

But...mormonism far surpasses anything else (expect perhaps scientology) in its silliness and obvious fraud.  It was meant to be an "American" xtianity without all those foreign roots.  The fact that anyone believes such fucking drivel simply astounds me.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Poison Tree

Quote from: "stromboli"And recruiting black athletes to BYU to remain competitive in sports.
Black Youth Unwelcom
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aileron

I came across this one recently from an ex-Mormon and thought it was hilarious.  

Apparently when good ol' Joe Smith found the golden tablets, he describes carrying them in one extended arm at his side the way a schoolchild walks carrying books.

Gold is one of the most dense metals, even denser than lead.  The ex-Mormon pointed out that the tablets as described by Joe would weigh 300 pounds.  So not only was Joe a prophet, he was a damn strong one too!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

leo

Quote from: "aileron"I came across this one recently from an ex-Mormon and thought it was hilarious.  

Apparently when good ol' Joe Smith found the golden tablets, he describes carrying them in one extended arm at his side the way a schoolchild walks carrying books.

Gold is one of the most dense metals, even denser than lead.  The ex-Mormon pointed out that the tablets as described by Joe would weigh 300 pounds.  So not only was Joe a prophet, he was a damn strong one too!
Hilarious shit !
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

mykcob4

You see everyone on here knows far more about the LDS than does Eve. She/he is a fruad!

Eve

Quote from: SolitaryEve,

Eve

:-|

Eve

[quote="stromboli :twisted:

Eve

[quote="stromboli" :twisted:

Plu

QuoteOK, How do you know this?

He knows that stuff becaus he used to be part of the Mormon church just like you. He's actually mentioned that a few times.

aileron

Quote from: "Eve"How does any of this prove that BoM is not true and that J Smith is not a Prophet of God?

Using your own standards of evidence, how would you go about proving that David Koresh and Jim Jones were not prophets of God?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Eve

[quote="Plu

Eve

[quote="aileron

aileron

Quote from: "Eve"
Quote from: "aileron"
Quote from: "Eve"How does any of this prove that BoM is not true and that J Smith is not a Prophet of God?

Using your own standards of evidence, how would you go about proving that David Koresh and Jim Jones were not prophets of God?

Exactly, So, everything what Stromboli wrote does not prove ANYTHING. It was waste of time and space.

You're missing the point.  If you can't come up with a standard of evidence that disproves Koresh and Jones as prophets of god, what does that tell you about the standard of evidence you apply to Smith?