News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Ark Encounter" Opens Today

Started by stromboli, July 07, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 03:55:30 PM
You are brainless by your statements and continuous question.  What is truth?

"You ARE" is an absolute statement. You gave up absolutes a long time ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 04:03:57 PM
What do you mean by "evidence assumes truth"?

Do you doubt the information provided by your senses?

Evidence must be true. If you have never murdered anyone there can be no evidence that you have.

You have no reason to trust your senses, do you?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 04:13:07 PM
First you have to define "crap" and "fart", and then you have to define "often".  Those are all knowledge terms and you can't have knowledge without truth and you can't have truth without his version of god.

You did a decent job there glad you're understanding some of my position.

It's not my version of God, it's the one and only God.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 04:42:04 PM
Evidence must be true. If you have never murdered anyone there can be no evidence that you have.

You have no reason to trust your senses, do you?

If you are not a person who regularly doubts the information of his senses, then you have no reason to ask how I know something is true.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 04:43:16 PM

There are many versions of God. Yours is #2136 on the list of ones I've been accused of defying.

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 04:41:05 PM
"You ARE" is an absolute statement. You gave up absolutes a long time ago....

Answer the question.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 04:43:16 PM

Odin's beard! :bashcomp:
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 04:45:43 PM
If you are not a person who regularly doubts the information of his senses, then you have no reason to ask how I know something is true.

What I am saying is that you have no basis to trust your reasoning and senses, so you have no basis to determine whether something is true or false.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 04:45:43 PM

What I am saying is that you have no basis to trust your reasoning and senses, so you have no basis to determine whether something is true or false.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 05:11:52 PM
Answer the question.

Truth is that which corresponds to reality. You can not know which reality is the right one nor can you trust that your reasoning and senses are valid. You can not have truth, just preference. Atheism fails every time.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 07:01:26 PM

So what you're saying is...

If you believe in an all-powerful being capable of fooling your senses, then you have reason to trust your senses
But..
If you don't believe in an all-powerful being capable of fooling your senses, then you have no reason to trust your senses.

This is supposed to make sense?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 07:21:47 PM
So what you're saying is...

If you believe in an all-powerful being capable of fooling your senses, then you have reason to trust your senses
But..
If you don't believe in an all-powerful being capable of fooling your senses, then you have no reason to trust your senses.

This is supposed to make sense?

No I'm saying thatI have justification for trusting my senses, you don't.

Tell me this, could you be wrong about everything you claim to know?

Jason Harvestdancer

Your justification for believing your senses is that you believe in a being capable of fooling your senses.
You say that unless one believes in a being capable of fooling the senses, then one has no reason to trust the senses.

No, I cannot be wrong about everything I know because I know I exist.  If I am wrong about that, then who is wrong about that?