News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Ark Encounter" Opens Today

Started by stromboli, July 07, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 12:26:46 AM
Can I ask you a serious question? Are you saying that it is absolutely impossible for a global flood to have taken place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a mechanism where it could happen? Cause nobody else has one.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Can I ask you a serious question? Are you saying that it is absolutely impossible for a global flood to have taken place?

Yeah, I've been know to say that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 12:26:46 AMCan I ask you a serious question? Are you saying that it is absolutely impossible for a global flood to have taken place?

After the continents formed then yes.  And within the last billion years certainly yes.

Before the first stable continents formed it was possible, but that was over 3 billion years ago.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 10:12:57 AM
After the continents formed then yes.  And within the last billion years certainly yes.

Before the first stable continents formed it was possible, but that was over 3 billion years ago.
Seriously? How can you possibly say there wasn't 30,000 feet of water over the whole Earth at some point and it all drained away to create the Grand Canyon and not leave any other traces in the geologic record!

BTW, who did Noah's grandchildren breed with? Checkmate, athiest!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

If by global flood you mean the flood narrative described Genesis chapters 6â€"9 then yes the event described in Genesis is absolutely impossible. The Genesis flood narrative was borrowed from Mesopotamian mythology.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 06:11:17 AM
You have a mechanism where it could happen? Cause nobody else has one.

So it's absolutely impossible?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 09:56:39 AM
Yeah, I've been know to say that.

Ok how do you know that?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 10:12:57 AM

Ok so, right now you're giving me your evidence. Do you use your reasoning to decide what this evidence proves?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on October 14, 2016, 10:24:09 AM
If by global flood you mean the flood narrative described Genesis chapters 6â€"9 then yes the event described in Genesis is absolutely impossible. The Genesis flood narrative was borrowed from Mesopotamian mythology.

Ok how do you know that?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:13:50 AM
So it's absolutely impossible?

Wrong way 'round. You need to show that it  was possible. Otherwise, it's just the same old goatherder bullshit.
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 11:19:36 AM
Wrong way 'round. You need to show that it  was possible. Otherwise, it's just the same old goatherder bullshit.

I believe in a lot of crazy things because God has revealed them to me to be true. I've not witnessed them and A lot of the time I'm not sure about how they exactly happened but I do know for certain that they did happen.

You can not say that it did not happen for certain. Therefore you can not know that it didn't happen.

TrueStory

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:33:30 PM
I believe in a lot of crazy things because God has revealed them to me to be true. I've not witnessed them and A lot of the time I'm not sure about how they exactly happened but I do know for certain that they did happen.

You can not say that it did not happen for certain. Therefore you can not know that it didn't happen.

So how did the flood happen?
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: TrueStory on October 14, 2016, 02:04:16 PM
So how did the flood happen?

How did it happen? I don't know. Did it happen? Absolutely. I don't have to know how God made a cow to know that he DID make a cow. I don't have to know how the flood happened in order to know that it did happen.

TrueStory

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:20:01 PM
How did it happen? I don't know. Did it happen? Absolutely. I don't have to know how God made a cow to know that he DID make a cow. I don't have to know how the flood happened in order to know that it did happen.

lol at least you admit you have no idea, i'm not sure how that translates into confidence that something happens though.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:33:30 PM

Prove it.
PZ Myers