News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Spain "Authorizes" Military Planes To Spray Disinfectants Over Cities" ... psychodrama to calm the sheeple

"Shocking Reports Claim 1000s Perished Uncounted In NY, UK Nursing Homes" ... not every death being given certified "cause".  Nursing homes have a circuit riding doctor assigned to them, but they are probably working elsewhere.  This is why NY reclassified a bunch of deaths from March 11 thru April 14 as "probably Covid".  Tests are still short, so not being used regularly to test the dead.  In the US, hospitals get extra money from Medicare if you die from Covid ...

"Navy Reports Alarming 'Stealth Transmission' Rate: 60% Of Infected Carrier Crew Symptom-Free" ... that gives you an estimate of non-symptomatic carriers.  Not everyone has been exposed yet, but eventually most will.

"MSNBC Host Suggests Biden Form "A Shadow Government" To Counter Trump's COVID Response" ... how about a "nursing home" government in Dover Delaware?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 18, 2020, 11:12:04 AM
Today there are over 2.2 million total cases and 156,072 deaths worldwide. Less than 3 months ago it was less than 5,000 cases.
Yesterday, we had 25 coronavirus-related deaths in NC, the highest yet.  :(

Hydra009

Not necessarily causally related (though these attempts to go back to business as normal during a pandemic probably play some role), though you'd think fact #2 would belay fact #1.

Mike Cl

Could one label this as culling the herd???  It seems the more stupid one is, the more likely they will ignore taking steps to protect themselves.  Which is why churches that continue to congregate have high infection rates--maybe stupidity is infectious. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 18, 2020, 01:53:38 PM
Could one label this as culling the herd???  It seems the more stupid one is, the more likely they will ignore taking steps to protect themselves.  Which is why churches that continue to congregate have high infection rates--maybe stupidity is infectious. 
Some memes kill.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 18, 2020, 01:58:38 PM
Some memes kill.

All political ideology kills.  Life kills.  Got a super-suit?

Lois Lane ... save me Superman! (aka Stalin in English means Superman).  Just another woke feminist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Greg abott: lets open the state!
MagAhats:yea!!!
Me: wtf

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/politics/texas-economy-reopen-testing-coronavirus/index.html

QuoteAs Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott formulated a plan this week to reopen the world's 10th largest economy, he had to strike a delicate balance between two opposing forces: a push from the state's powerful business community eager to get back to work and health professionals and economists warning that a premature restart could be deadly.

In the end, Abbott took a measured approach. Instead of kicking off a full restart, the Texas governor announced that a group of medical and economic experts will guide him through a series of incremental steps aimed at slowly reopening the state's economy.
The group's aggressive name, the "Strike Force to Open Texas," belies Abbott's surprisingly cautious framework. Plans to restart business won't come until April 27, and Abbott stressed they will be determined by "data and by doctors."
Still, Abbott is ahead of the curve as one of the first big state governors to announce a firm time line for lifting his April 2 stay-at-home order.

GSOgymrat

I'm sure Texas' government and corporations are highly motivated for the economy to reopen. Oil prices have dropped to $20 a barrel due to the decline in fuel demand and the ongoing oil-pricing war between Saudi Arabia and Russia. Texas produces 41% of the US' crude oil and the pandemic is likely to reduce demand for some time. For example, United Airlines has cut flights by 90%, which means a huge cut in the amount of fuel needed. US airlines purchased 18.27 billion gallons of fuel in 2019. This is just one industry. Also, Texas has a culture of independence and resistance to deferring to the Federal government.

Hydra009

A second possible vaccine is entering human trials.

Beware: the comments section is littered with conspiracy theorists and similar cretins.  They argue that they don't need vaccines, and I'm sorely tempted to agree.

Shiranu

Video of protesters outside the Austin state capital building chanting, "Fire Fauci" and "Let Us Work"... of course, almost no masks and one of the signs talks about how vaccines cause seizures or some shit.

https://twitter.com/mannyNYT/status/1251564861257113602?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1251564861257113602&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2020%2F04%2F18%2Ffire-fauci-anti-lockdown-protest-texas%2F

And across the U.S., GOP sponsored protests look like this (as well as blockading hospitals like I posted above) while Trump calls for citizens to "liberate" themselves because they have the second amendment on their side.

Any one who thinks it's just Trump that's the problem is is deluded. It's the entire GOP supporting this type of behaviour... and frankly if they lose power I don't trust them for one second not to throw more fuel on the fire.

America might be due a second civil war, and I fear this time the "good guys" won't be the winners.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 18, 2020, 05:24:46 PM
Greg abott: lets open the state!
MagAhats:yea!!!
Me: wtf

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/politics/texas-economy-reopen-testing-coronavirus/index.html

Would be happy to keep the Dems locked up permanently?  They don't like working for a living anyway?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 18, 2020, 08:05:58 PMAnd across the U.S., GOP sponsored protests look like this (as well as blockading hospitals like I posted above) while Trump calls for citizens to "liberate" themselves because they have the second amendment on their side.
Plausible deniability.

Trump eggs these people on to create a scene or worse (note the strange coincidence that the targeted states all have Democratic governors) and then, when things go south, deny any culpability whatsoever.  This is like mafia don behavior.  By the President.  During a state of emergency.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 18, 2020, 07:35:04 PM
A second possible vaccine is entering human trials.

Beware: the comments section is littered with conspiracy theorists and similar cretins.  They argue that they don't need vaccines, and I'm sorely tempted to agree.

There may be a seasonal flu vaccine next Fall.  Plan on taking it.  If there is a Covid booster, I will take that.  At Walgreens maybe $70 per shot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 18, 2020, 08:05:58 PM
Video of protesters outside the Austin state capital building chanting, "Fire Fauci" and "Let Us Work"... of course, almost no masks and one of the signs talks about how vaccines cause seizures or some shit.

And across the U.S., GOP sponsored protests look like this (as well as blockading hospitals like I posted above) while Trump calls for citizens to "liberate" themselves because they have the second amendment on their side.

Any one who thinks it's just Trump that's the problem is is deluded. It's the entire GOP supporting this type of behaviour... and frankly if they lose power I don't trust them for one second not to throw more fuel on the fire.

America might be due a second civil war, and I fear this time the "good guys" won't be the winners.

Well, some of those guys looked like they were "carrying".  Don't think they fear antiFA!

What will y'all do if the worst happens later this year?  Martial law, arrest of leading Dems from Obama administration and Congress?  Including Biden? Trials for corruption and treason.  Isolation of China.  Possible break up of the EU and China.  What will all your CCP propaganda bucks be worth then?  It was China all along, for 25 years, messing with our politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 18, 2020, 09:21:11 PM
Plausible deniability.

Trump eggs these people on to create a scene or worse (note the strange coincidence that the targeted states all have Democratic governors) and then, when things go south, deny any culpability whatsoever.  This is like mafia don behavior.  By the President.  During a state of emergency.

You don't remember LBJ.  How about drafting your asses and sending you to war with China?  Harder to get into Canada now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.