News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Musings on Existence

Started by Absurd Atheist, May 02, 2016, 12:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absurd Atheist

“We're all lost, scrambling in the dark, desperately searching for the promise of light. Some of us just prefer to look with their eyes closed, and imagine the sight.” -Anonymous

Hi, I'm new here, and this is my first post so I apologize if it's rough and kinda long. It's late where I am and I have a final tomorrow afternoon but I wanted to get this up. A quick background, I identify with Ignosticism and Atheism on top of an Absurdist point of view. I see the existence of a "god" as more of a philosophical question of knowledge and fact versus opinion. But since no one seems to have a set definition or even concrete understanding of religious texts and practices, discussing divine existence is irrelevant. At the bottom is my definition of God.

(Main topic)
This post is mostly about how and why we humans make the decisions we do. I called it POV Existence because everyone sees the world through their own point of view and can never really access another persons world view. I might also use individual perception or something. I see this as the intrinsic issue in humanity and the first source of all our problems.

All the things I'm about to say come from my own personal thoughts with some inspiration from other sources.
To preface it's important to understand the concept of World Bound, World Limits and the Unbound World.
None of this is established thought so stay with me.

World Bound: insert basic definition of individual consciousness. World Bound are those who are within their own mind and individual "world" of consciousness. Therefore they are "bound" by themselves from the rest of the world. The consciousness which perceives such a reality is known as the world bound, as the mind is bound to the flesh. Three important details: Limited Conscious World, Dependency on Physical World, Inability to Comprehend the Vast Material World

World Limit: This is an incorporeal, non-existence boundary between the world of the mind and the world we perceive but can never fully interact with. Our conscious thought can't simply interact with the world around us literally so we take measures to interact with the world symbolically and establish value in material constructions. The world limit never disappears and creates the disparity between the conscious reality and the perceived material reality, which I believe creates “the Absurd”. World limits are extremely isolating which leads us to seek other “world bound” individuals and form "relationships". This is one method of dealing with “the Absurd”.
The boundary between the perceived conscious reality and the empirically tested material reality is known as the world limit. 

the Unbound World: The Unbound is the world around us. What we receive through our 5 senses and interpret as Unbound due to having no perceivable consciousness. It is not bound to anything it simply exists, seemingly listlessly and limitless and. Boundaries only exists when relativity exists, such as it does in the “world bound”. This is the material world of Earth and is unbound because it has no conscious tethers.

The origin of faith.

the Rejected Boundary is a state of mind that forms when one unconsciously rejects the world's limit and isolation of living "world bound". An inability to understand the vastness of the perceived material world or escape the loneliness of a finite lifespan. This is the source of all forms of superstition, magic or pseudoscience. These things aren't real, but are formed from what we don't understand and even our unconscious desires to manipulate the world around us.

the Boundless
“God” would be a being, without a world limit(see World Limit). This is the most definitive definition I've found for "god". Without a world limit, the "World Bound" and the "Unbound" would become one allowing consciousness to mix with matter and physics and this figure could essentially "do anything", "last forever" or "be perfect". The fictionalization of deities is in fact a subconscious rejection of the inherent human world limit(see Rejected Boundary). An intrinsic rejection of the “the Absurd” that is potential within all human beings, but which specific people would potentially be more vulnerable. A being without a world limit would not be confined to any of the restrictions enforced on the human condition, and thus be able to interact with the world in any way seen fit in essence being a part of the “unbound” and therefore "boundless". No boundary between the conscious reality and the perceived material reality. Almost like the ultimate escape fantasy for the human mind, that there could be someone like us who is in fact a "higher power" and be capable of the things we could only ever dream of. The existence of gods in human history is therefore postulated to be the result of recognition and misapprehension of “the Absurd” and “world limits” and thus is an escape from reality.

If you've read this far, I want honest opinions on whether any of this could be true. Thoughts?
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

PickelledEggs

tl;dr

Either way... welcome to the forum!

Mr.Obvious

It is pretty early where i live. A bit too early to read your entire post right now, sorry.
Welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Absurd Atheist

Alright guys, thanks. Next time I'll make it shorter.

Mr.Obvious

Tbh, I just read it in full. It's not so much the length, seeing it on my laptop instead of my smartphone, but it's written with a lot of complicated words and meanings, if that makes sense. It's a tough read, is what I'm saying. Now don't be discouraged, english ain't my native language. So that could very well explain why I don't really seem to understand just what it is you're saying.

Something tells me Baruch would have something to say about this post though.

Anyways, again, welcome. Sorry I can't give you a more insightful opinion.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

You rang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPMKlEwrIs8

Absurd Atheist ... you see this as psychological ... that isn't absurd at all ;-)  Remember, reality is stranger than fiction.  Therefore the Bible can't be right!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 02, 2016, 06:35:58 PM
Tbh, I just read it in full. It's not so much the length, seeing it on my laptop instead of my smartphone, but it's written with a lot of complicated words and meanings, if that makes sense. It's a tough read, is what I'm saying. Now don't be discouraged, english ain't my native language. So that could very well explain why I don't really seem to understand just what it is you're saying.

Something tells me Baruch would have something to say about this post though.

Anyways, again, welcome. Sorry I can't give you a more insightful opinion.

It's basically saying that people feel alone in their own consciousness and limited point of view, so they reject the notion that they can be alone and created an entity that is everywhere and a part of everything. God is the idea of a higher all powerful mind that everyone can one day be a part of.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 02, 2016, 02:21:48 AM
Welcome to our little band of heathens.

Yeah, he-athens and her-athens!

:2thumbs:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Who you are, isn't limited to your brain or your body ... you are both inside and outside your brain and your body.  If you weren't I wouldn't be able to connect to you, because I can't get directly inside your brain.  I connect to the external you, that together with the inner you, bridges both worlds.  Thich Nhat Hanh calls it "inter-being".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Flanker1Six

Welcome on board!   Hope the final went well for you!