News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I kinda feel bad

Started by aitm, April 25, 2016, 05:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I kind of feel like all this "facebook-mourning" of celebrities is a desperate attempt to mooch off of people's deaths for attention. I see the people that fall in to this public mourning of celebrities on social media... also happen to be the most drama-y or if not drama-y, just attention desperate on social media. Yeah it's a bummer that someone died, but whether they realize it or not, they just want attention.  They see a post getting attention and like the hive mindset that they belong to, they make a post about it to gain attention too.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 26, 2016, 01:32:26 PMI kind of feel like all this "facebook-mourning" of celebrities is a desperate attempt to mooch off of people's deaths for attention.
Eh, this sort of funeral hubub is hardly a new thing.  Famous deaths understandably draw all kinds of attention, and people tend to flock to where other people are flocking.  It's not necessarily opportunistic (though releasing excessive post-humous CDs, that I see as greedy and opportunistic).  Also, all the attention generated by the death is a great opportunity to take another look at a person's life and career and remember them.

widdershins

I didn't even know he was a Jehovah's Witness until after his death.

Frankly, his music was briefly catchy, at best.  Kind of like Chocolate Rain.  It's okay for the first 30 seconds, the first time you hear it.  Frankly, the guy who was offering blowjobs in the men's room was a far better musician.  I don't think it was so much his music that made him famous as it was his androgyny, which was a novel think in the '80s for some reason for musicians.

Of course, I also didn't much care for Michael Jackson and thought Elvis didn't even make princess of rock and roll, but that's just me.
This sentence is a lie...