News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist eclipse party?

Started by PopeyesPappy, April 22, 2016, 10:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

My first only clear weather total solar eclipse was 46 years ago on March 7 1970. So I’ve been reservedly excited about the possibilities for the upcoming August 21 2017 eclipse because it is going to be close enough to put myself in the path relatively easily. I was wondering if anyone in the South East part of the US might be interested in getting together. We were planning on an area I’m familiar with in the mountains of southwest North Carolina. It is beautiful country and a bit of a motorcycle Mecca for any riders out there. But I’m not married to that area and might be open to other places if some of you are interested.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

widdershins

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 22, 2016, 10:27:16 AM
My first only clear weather total solar eclipse was 46 years ago on March 7 1970. So I’ve been reservedly excited about the possibilities for the upcoming August 21 2017 eclipse because it is going to be close enough to put myself in the path relatively easily. I was wondering if anyone in the South East part of the US might be interested in getting together. We were planning on an area I’m familiar with in the mountains of southwest North Carolina. It is beautiful country and a bit of a motorcycle Mecca for any riders out there. But I’m not married to that area and might be open to other places if some of you are interested.

LOL, I was -1 3/4 at the time (yes, negative).

I have actually been hoping to plan something for this eclipse for my family for a few years now, but I don't think this one is going to happen.  It's several months before the house is finally paid off, which will be one month before the car is finally paid off.  And after those payments finally stop, it will be a few more months before we are "comfortable" with the savings and whatnot.  It would be totally cool, but I just don't think it's doable this time around.
This sentence is a lie...