Two Atheists Review New Faith-Based Movie "God's Not Dead 2"

Started by ScreenZealots, April 01, 2016, 12:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

Oh, and I just saw this. Eric McCormack would be perfect for God's Not Dead 3: God is a Boob Man

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/04/17/vanessa_bayer_s_faith_in_god_is_on_trial_in_this_snl_trailer.html?wpsrc=sh_all_mob_tw_top
Christian films with a tenuous grasp on our Constitution and Christian legislators with a tenuous grasp on our Constitution are both having a moment right now, so naturally, Saturday Night Live brought them together in one spectacular trailer. Vanessa Bayer plays a simple baker persecuted for her faith by the most powerful force in America: a gay couple.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Bluewind

How is it that nobody here has commented on the release date yet!?! The irony is so divine that I'm not sure if it was somehow done intentionally by a non-Christian or by happy accident. After all, what Christian would allow a movie (about how God still exists and Christians are persecuted) to open on April 1st, otherwise known as April Fool's Day! XD
There is beauty in a finite life.

drunkenshoe

So they thought we would change our minds, if we watch a movie. LOL
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

I believe in Horton ...

ever since I saw Horton Hears A Who.  Don't you?

Don't underestimate how child-like Americans are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Bluewind

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2016, 06:24:23 AM
I believe in Horton ...

ever since I saw Horton Hears A Who.  Don't you?

Don't underestimate how child-like Americans are.
It's less child-like and more brainwashed since birth and scared to disagree because we have been so conditioned to follow it that we grasp for any bit of justification. We follow the crowd mentality and parrot what we have been conditioned to say. To go against it will mean hardship and to become the evil we have had drilled into our tiny heads. So many take the "better safe than sorry" stance for fear of both hell and ostracism.

It's changing but not fast enough. You would be surprised how many "Christians" here are secular or deeply closeted atheists or agnostics who only nod and parrot when necessary. They often don't go to a church of any kind. They often say they are not active, not practicing, have to work (or need to relax from work) on Sundays, or post out a flaw in churches before saying they worship at home. It's the way things have to be for a lot of people for the time being.
There is beauty in a finite life.