Is your bullshit detector going off too?

Started by Brian37, March 26, 2013, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Me too! I can make my hand raise just by thinking of it! And when I need to take a massive leak, I can hold it almost indefinitely when I do a little dance.

Why is that?  Why aren't scientists studying that!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

The human body can do amazing things; more than most people realise.

I doubt that going a year without food is one of them though, unless the guy managed to get chloroplasts in his skin cells.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Plu"The human body can do amazing things; more than most people realise.

I doubt that going a year without food is one of them though, unless the guy managed to get chloroplasts in his skin cells.
Yep.  If that were possible, we'd be hearing about it from disaster/famine survivors first and yogis second.

Brian37

Quote from: "stromboli"what wikipedia has to say
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlad_Ja ... stigations

It has been established that certain yoga masters and what not have amazing capabilities in controlling their bodies. but based on the wikipedia article, I'd say its mostly bullshit.

SO? Fuck do comments like this make my dick itch!

They have "secrets" as to how they train, that you are not privy to. Much like a magician wont tell you how the woman is sawed in half. Navy Seals are also trained to have endurance, and some of that training is top secret, but no one attributes that to a cult.

Bruce Lee got tons of flack from the Asian community for training non Asians to the martial arts.

It is all bullshit. Evolution is not label based. Stretching windows does not make the superstition credible because the cult stumbles on a natural way to extend that window. All evolution requires is fucking and making babies.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

antediluvian

I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.