A Venn Diagram of how to rate man's worth.

Started by dtq123, April 15, 2016, 11:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Here's how I measure it. It takes one symbol. Here it is:

=
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: dtq123 on April 16, 2016, 10:34:05 PM
Ignoring the comments of people who don't want a serious discussion... (I mean man as in "people," it's a bad habit, I know. It was besides the point though.)

(Now I can't even quote stuff for some reason)

@Mike Cl & Aitm:
Note that this is also my personal moral way of measuring the worth of my peers. I measure the worth of a person by the following traits:
+ How Happy/Content with life they are.
+ How Competent at what they do they are.
+ How much do they contribute to Society.

@Baruch:
Oh? I know that. This is my best tool though when I need to make judgements of character. Any other complaints?

No complaints.  No more than I have with Meyers-Briggs.  But your trait criteria is right out of Socrates.  So good job ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Flanker1Six

Meh.   

External evaluation is highly subjective and could easily differ wildly--likely wouldn't mean much to most anyway if it differed significantly from their self image.  Even if they agreed with the assessment (as less than they wanted to be)--they'd have to WANT to change and stick with it for life.

Self evaluation--yes, it does remind me of the Meyers Briggs TPI  evaluation (much more complicated/nuanced than this diagram); which a former employer thought was a good idea for supervisors to go through (yuppie management fad at the time--though MBTPI has been around for quite a while) as a means of improving our supervisory skill when making staff assignments.  The problem with all self evals is their total vulnerability to the individual's self objectivity (an almost chimera like quality in my book).  Who's the easiest person in the world to lie to?  Go look in the mirror.   

SilentFutility

Quote from: Atheon on April 16, 2016, 11:07:17 PM
Here's how I measure it. It takes one symbol. Here it is:

=

So all people are worth exactly the same? Pol Pot and a selfless charity worker are worth the same? A child rapist is worth the same as you?

I disagree strongly.

doorknob

You've got a real chip on your shoulder about productivity don't you? Did some one accuse you of being lazy once or are you just trying to convince your self?

dtq123

Quote from: doorknob on May 13, 2016, 08:08:59 AM
You've got a real chip on your shoulder about productivity don't you? Did some one accuse you of being lazy once or are you just trying to convince your self?
I believe three years ago in fact. My dad was the culprit. I've gotten better grades and done many chores since.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

stromboli

I measure my worth in inches. Circumference, not length.  :2thumbs:

Baruch

Quote from: dtq123 on May 13, 2016, 08:44:33 AM
I believe three years ago in fact. My dad was the culprit. I've gotten better grades and done many chores since.

Bravo ... you can move up to a better cabin and a better cotton field ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.