News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is Infant Circumcision Immoral?

Started by Bluewind, April 14, 2016, 07:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDyocNyhrgg

Quack doctors are still with us, now with more science ;-)  Well at least thru 1950.  Two of my father's father's business partners were quack doctors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Hahahaha, penises are weird. But so are vaginas.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Bluewind

There is beauty in a finite life.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2016, 08:13:50 PM
Frankly an "un" looks like a worm and who wants that comparison?  Case closed.
My foreskin retracted completely when I was erect. Some of my girlfriends didn't even know I wasn't circumcised.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason78

Quote from: Bluewind on April 14, 2016, 07:31:28 PM
Is Infant Circumcision Immoral?

Yes.  Cutting off part of a child that can't consent is wrong.   Why is this even a discussion?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Atheon

The child has no choice in this matter, and it is almost always medically unnecessary. So yes, it is unethical.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Bluewind

Quote from: Jason78 on April 17, 2016, 03:06:49 PM
Yes.  Cutting off part of a child that can't consent is wrong.   Why is this even a discussion?
Because in the US where it's considered odd when you don't do it and in religions where it is required, people never really reflect on the morality of it. It's a problem that doesn't seem to be going away. I think it has a lot to do with men being afraid to admit it's wrong because they had it done as babies and admitting it's wrong is like him saying his dick was involuntary mutilated.

@Gawdzilla Sama
Exactly! Most people don't realize that. And all penises look weird soft, so what's the point of chopping stuff off?

Also damn you @Mr.Obvious for introducing me to Adam Explains Everything! I am now stuck in a vicious binge watching cycle O_O

drunkenshoe

No that was a BIG YES. I keep reading it immoral as MORAL when I first read it correctly.

I need coffee.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Bluewind

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 17, 2016, 04:26:30 PM
Yes.
I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh. No explanation, no reasoning, no siting or personal anecdotes. Just Yes with a period at the end. End of discussion. Love it XD

aitm

Quote from: Jason78 on April 17, 2016, 03:06:49 PM

Tumors….Lipoma's…cyst's…warts…growths….deformities….diseases….cancers…..sure….let's make their choice paramount.

The world has not collapsed over cutting the skin off a penis…no doubt it is rather nonsensical, but it appears to be rather harmless when one looks at the history of humanity…compared to other cultural habits. Perhaps it will go off and die on its own, but i won't care one way or the other…nor spend a dime in the fight and I have already spent more energy typing this than I care.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: aitm on April 17, 2016, 06:56:00 PM
Tumors….Lipoma's…cyst's…warts…growths….deformities….diseases….cancers…..sure….let's make their choice paramount.
I don't think anyone here is going to argue against circumcision to resolve serious medical issues.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mermaid on April 16, 2016, 09:17:19 AM
Hahahaha, penises are weird. But so are vaginas.

Don't you think sometimes ours is a bit too much complicated? Or am I seein it this way because of the gender roles and standard norms?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Bluewind

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 18, 2016, 04:21:54 AM
Don't you think sometimes ours is a bit too much complicated? Or am I seein it this way because of the gender roles and standard norms?
I'd say vaginas win in the more complicated orgasm department at least as Penis is like tic tack toe while the Vagina is more like a rubix cube XD

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Bluewind on April 18, 2016, 04:36:33 AM
I'd say vaginas win in the more complicated orgasm department at least as Penis is like tic tack toe while the Vagina is more like a rubix cube XD

I lol'ed at Rubik's cube. But no I didn't mean the legendary orgasm capacity or the traditional opinion that it is hard to maintain that mechanism.

Vagina is a complicated organ, because it makes things very complicated very fast. It's too brutally honest and inflexible. You can train it, but can't rely on that training.

Vagina knows all the time. You catch up later. Doesn't matter how much heat you are in, she wants this one or that one and suddenly 'no I don't want that penis in me'. And it ends then and there. You don't get a thig, you still love the guy to bits. You are horny, hot for him. But no, her majesty just decided otherwise. The ugly thing is you get the whole thing when you look back after a time when everything already went through and wait for it...the cunt was right.