Getting fed up with (some) Bernie supporters

Started by Poison Tree, April 20, 2016, 02:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 20, 2016, 08:26:22 AM
I'm really beginning to think that both parties are headed to a huge split and this could work out to our benefit because the system we've had in place for far too long has left us with choosing between the shit sandwich and the piss soaked bread with shit on the side.

LOL!   I've made several posts (various news item threads) that Billary & Chump are opposite sides of the same shit covered coin.  Impossible to pick up without getting shit on your fingers.  One IS "The System" and the other is the special interest who spent decades buying the system. 

Like it or not; we're pretty much stuck with a two party system.  Like any healthy relationship; there has to be a significant amount of compromise, mutual respect, and empathy.  Take two individuals who are both "My Way or the Highway" types.............you know where that ends.   The parties should be able to talk things out, and do some horse trading to come up with a workable compromise.   Instead both have gravitated to their outside edges over the last 40 years; leaving them gutted of the "hated moderates" who used to talk to each other, compromise on issues and keep things moving along. 
Each party has steadily been shrinking, while those who call themselves independents growing in numbers.   Yet the party bases continue to shriek "we've got principles";  the very thin political veneer of a my way nazi. 

When I get to be Dictator of the US..............................the first thing I'm doing is kill all those fucking extremists!   :)

Baruch

Politics would be more reasonable if the stakes were more reasonable.

1. World Conquest
2. World Enslavement
3. World Genocide

Not very important stakes.  Political actors being maniacs for power, wealth and fame.  Color me uninterested in what the asylum inmates are arguing about.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Flanker1Six on April 21, 2016, 07:21:09 PM
One IS "The System" and the other is the special interest who spent decades buying the system. 
Wait, is that antisemitic?  I'm assuming the Jew is the one who has "spent decades buying the system", right?

Just kidding.  I know what you mean.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on April 26, 2016, 05:45:33 PM
Wait, is that antisemitic?  I'm assuming the Jew is the one who has "spent decades buying the system", right?

Just kidding.  I know what you mean.

Not necessarily.  Do the Rothschilds own the planet?  Are they actually Jewish?  That is one of the oldest conspiracy theories.  Is it actually better for Gentiles to own the planet?  What about the Bilderbergers and Trilateralists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

TomFoolery

Now that Hillary did modestly well in three states and came very close in a fourth, I'm waiting for the ardent Bernie supporters to have shocking evidence of more voter fraud, complain about the media bias reporting on Hillary's victories, and toss out even more bizarre theories and stories that range from "the voting clerk asked who I was voting for and when I said Sanders, he wadded up my ballot, threw it in the trash and threatened me" to "I saw snipers up on the roof of the civic center shooting Sanders supporters!"
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

drunkenshoe

Guys I hate to break it to you, but you don't have this luxury.

I don't get how one voter or a group of voters can influence someone's opinion on their vote or even the candidate. Seriously? You know yourselves and why would you vote for one not for the other, right? That's it, you are done. Other than that in an election season -not to mention in the USA- people will come up with any kind of stuff you can imagine and can't imagine. This doesn't have to be a plan or some sort conspiracy or violation. It's the game.

Why is it important how a group of Bernie supporters -or any group of supporters for that matter-  act, say, do... esp. when almost everyone -more or less- has an idea that they are voting for some sort of a lesser evil or better of the worse and what is at stake; what is standing at other side in a two party system of one ground?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Voting for the lesser evil is something I stopped doing after 94.  If a candidate doesn't have a positive message, I won't vote for him/her.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on April 27, 2016, 06:34:55 AM
Voting for the lesser evil is something I stopped doing after 94.  If a candidate doesn't have a positive message, I won't vote for him/her.
Good for you!  I absolutely loathe the "throwing your vote away" argument, often given by the same people who argue against the "What's one vote?  My vote doesn't matter" argument.  I think independents could do some real damage to the two cartel party system if people didn't have the ignorant view that you HAD to vote for one or the other of the major parties.  It's starting to change a little as independents are getting elected in lesser positions, escalated by party members switching to independent when they don't win the nomination for their particular race.  Hell, I'd actually love to see Bernie lose the nomination only to win the election as an independent.  That would totally kick some ass.
This sentence is a lie...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on April 27, 2016, 06:34:55 AM

Then you are not voting? Because while that sounds very ideal and cool, it really doesn't work that way.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 27, 2016, 01:40:46 PM
Then you are not voting? Because while that sounds very ideal and cool, it really doesn't work that way.

I vote selectively, given the candidates available.  I would enthusiastically support a positive personality that has a clear goal of benefitting the common good.  But alas, American candidates and voters keep acting like turds in a cess pool.  If the American voters prefer Hitler or Stalin ... I will find some place else to live or die.  My ancestors left their old country, I can do the same.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.