Oh no, It's MR BILL, slamming Papal circus.

Started by Brian37, March 25, 2013, 06:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/2 ... 40467.html

On top of the entire thing being a fake circus, can someone tell me why anyone should support an institution that denies equal power for women? And why we should value an institution that values homophobia, and gives out bad medical advice that spreads aids?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

WitchSabrina

"Wow, prayer. I never saw that coming."   LMAO

:rollin:

Yeah - there's no legitimate answer for part 2 of your post, Brian.   :Hangman:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Brian37

Religion is good like heroine, it can make you feel good, but it is not good for you. It also allows you to ignore the reality of this placebo creating the very deadly human "in group" vs "out group" club mentality.

Once you understand that our grouping as a species is evolutionary you can undermine the comic book club mentality which is nothing but a species psychology of anthropomorphic projection.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Sal1981

Wikipedia is different from the Catholic Church in the sense that Wikipedia is continually corrected for new information/expertise. Although not perfect and with a systemic flaw (anybody can edit it), it's certainly better than a bunch of random guys making shit up as they go along.

AllPurposeAtheist

The church, fuck, every church is legitimized because churches say they're legitimate.. Isn't that everything you ever needed to know about any church?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Loved it!  Every line!