Tough Guise - Issues MRA Should Actually Address

Started by Shiranu, March 29, 2016, 11:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Maybe if MRA's would spend more time dealing with stuff like this rather than, "omg femniiists waaa!" I could take them slightly seriously. Funny enough, these issues being brought up... are being taught by a feminist. A feminist professor at a "liberal-ish" college. Oops...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Funny thing is, liberated women don't like men, and as liberated women, can do something about it.  Quasi-men who are all Emo ... are more their style.  And liberated women aren't lesbians either, they still can't stand sharing a house with another woman.  This is good, otherwise the daughters would stay forever ;-)

There are lots of real man problems.  One of them is ... dating or marrying liberated women.  There is more adventure that way, but adventure gets on your nerves after a decade or two.

Real masculinity is a product of the Stone Age ... if you aren't living that way, you aren't living a healthy masculine life style.  Those guys in New Guinea are so lucky.  Able to wear a boar tusk thru their nose, whether the little woman likes it or not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on March 30, 2016, 06:40:27 AM
Funny thing is, liberated women don't like men, and as liberated women, can do something about it.  Quasi-men who are all Emo ... are more their style.  And liberated women aren't lesbians either, they still can't stand sharing a house with another woman.  This is good, otherwise the daughters would stay forever ;-)

There are lots of real man problems.  One of them is ... dating or marrying liberated women.  There is more adventure that way, but adventure gets on your nerves after a decade or two.

Real masculinity is a product of the Stone Age ... if you aren't living that way, you aren't living a healthy masculine life style.  Those guys in New Guinea are so lucky.  Able to wear a boar tusk thru their nose, whether the little woman likes it or not!
What the actual fuck?

What is wrong with you? Seriously.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on March 30, 2016, 07:51:23 AM
What the actual fuck?

What is wrong with you? Seriously.

Empirical evidence ... grandmother, mother, wife and daughter etc.  And I like women.  But I was responding to Shiranu ... so it isn't about you.  I don't regret being married or parenting ... but it isn't much fun (if that is why one does it).  I am not sure why he posted ... but if it was to mock MRA then I have to agree with him.  If men have anything to complain about, they need to have something serious to complain about ... and if they do complain, they need to STFU ... because it isn't masculine to complain.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jack89

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Some of you seem to want to portray feminists as actively killing thousands of men every year and engaging in extreme violence everywhere and if that were true you would fear women for the violence rather than fearing rejection. Instead you fear being rejected.
So that when men are rejected by a good looking woman they want to project that same violent tendency of men on the woman and call her names like dyke or butch, etc.. I'm guessing that the anti feminism gang goes largely rejected by women and can't stand it when a woman is even smart much less good looking and since you would likely reject a woman who doesn't meet the 'beauty' standards that leaves you only admiring pretty women with no brains and little self worth.
Sounds like a winner all righty.. A pretty trophy woman with not a single thought other than to submit to your own bullshit..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 31, 2016, 08:22:53 PM
Some of you seem to want to portray feminists as actively killing thousands of men every year and engaging in extreme violence everywhere and if that were true you would fear women for the violence rather than fearing rejection. Instead you fear being rejected.
So that when men are rejected by a good looking woman they want to project that same violent tendency of men on the woman and call her names like dyke or butch, etc.. I'm guessing that the anti feminism gang goes largely rejected by women and can't stand it when a woman is even smart much less good looking and since you would likely reject a woman who doesn't meet the 'beauty' standards that leaves you only admiring pretty women with no brains and little self worth.
Sounds like a winner all righty.. A pretty trophy woman with not a single thought other than to submit to your own bullshit..

Some folks can't get out of the Black/White alternatives ... or dualisms.  Such people are ideological bigots.

In my case I have never worried about rejection .. I expect it and welcome it.  It is acceptance that is dangerous ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

MRAs are the reason I can't make a subreddit called /r/TheRedPill that's actually about seeing past the bullshit that gets thrown at us in everyday life. That alone is reason enough for me to hate them.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Nonsensei

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 31, 2016, 08:22:53 PM

What the hell? I've never met or heard of anyone at all let alone an "MRA" who thinks feminists are actively killing anyone.

And god, the "you got rejected" thing again. How rational would you think I was if I asserted that feminists are just ugly women in need of a good dicking but who cant lower their standards enough to manage it?
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

stromboli

Since I'm not going to waste 50 minutes of my time on MRAs to begin with, I can only say MRAs are an invention of bored millennials with idiot attitudes based on limited time spent dealing with life and too much time on the internet. I've never had any of those issues personally. Carry on.

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on April 01, 2016, 07:47:19 AM
Since I'm not going to waste 50 minutes of my time on MRAs to begin with, I can only say MRAs are an invention of bored millennials with idiot attitudes based on limited time spent dealing with life and too much time on the internet. I've never had any of those issues personally. Carry on.

To be fair, the video has nothing to do with MRAs but rather actual men issues... how societies pressure on men, men's pressure on men and boys, etc. correlate to the violence statistics amongst men and stuff like that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jack89 on March 30, 2016, 01:50:52 PM
Feminists and MRAs deserve each other.
Opposite ends of the spectrum. We always here more from them than from the middle ground.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Shiranu on April 01, 2016, 07:59:42 AM
To be fair, the video has nothing to do with MRAs but rather actual men issues... how societies pressure on men, men's pressure on men and boys, etc. correlate to the violence statistics amongst men and stuff like that.
The video makes many valid points, but sadly it's preaching to a choir of men  who don't really buy into the whole 'real men' mantra anyway. We do live in the world that's perpetually on the brink of war and part of this is never letting anyone even sniff your weaknesses  In my life I've had to fight with people just walking down the street more times than I'd like to remember which pretty much had left me with a permanent scowl when I'm out and about by myself purely as a defense mechanism to send the signal to not mess with me. That tends to carry over into other aspects of my life as well. Some people want to take it a step further and even several steps, but it's part of the reality we live in. I think that the vast majority of it isn't even a conscious thought, but one that just becomes part of us beginning with being a boy growing up having to fight with other boys. Later as men were given unrealistic expectations of being tough even though it's often the last thing on our minds, but often when you let down that guard others are waiting to pounce on it..As much as I'd like life to be all happy without a care in the world it simply isn't that way for most of us.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Nonsensei on March 31, 2016, 11:40:40 PM
What the hell? I've never met or heard of anyone at all let alone an "MRA" who thinks feminists are actively killing anyone.

And god, the "you got rejected" thing again. How rational would you think I was if I asserted that feminists are just ugly women in need of a good dicking but who cant lower their standards enough to manage it?
It must be great to just read the parts that you want to read without giving any thoughts to the parts you dislike. I don't know the type of people you grew up around, but I grew up around a lot of strong, intelligent women and don't feel in the least threatened by them. Still,  pretending that feminism is some kind of threat speaks volumes about your insecurity.