Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is society collapsing?

Started by pr126, March 22, 2016, 05:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteIs society collapsing?

No.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Yes ... entropy.  The energy economy is crucial, and it is ironic it was largely supported by supplies underlying the Middle East.  People either are pushing society in the trash heap or are giving a hand to keep people from falling in.  The choice is yours.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

No climate change, no terrorist attacks, not a possible world war, no rampant racism, no self serving capitalist policies, no economy, no unemployment, no freaking world demographics, genocidal international policies, BUT this is going to collapse the Western soicety: Radical Feminism and liberal left. Nothing really touhces this piece of shit, all he can see is this: he is deeply offended by the radical feminsim that is going to collapse his society.

I mean consider what is happening in the West over all: in the US and Europe ...bombs are going off...mass shootings and terrorist mass shootings, Drumpf AND this man is concerned about radical feminism, because it 'led' women to reject being mothers and caregivers... I have never noticed before that how many white het male morons are around. Oh you are so doomed to 'lose'.

He is deciding what women should be and do -because they are women- dictating what are their interests and behaviours and talking about how radical feminism is threatening his society. He also thinks affirmative action is giving away jobs to females randomly because they have vaginas and women get to positions they do not earn just to undermine men. And he claims MORAL RELATIVISM is a threat before saying all this. :lol:

Oh and apparently teaching about transgenderism in school is messing up children's psychology. Wohooo.

First 3 minutes, I typed while listening there could be a few incorrect words:

QuoteI am not talking about climate change, I am talking about far more immediately pressing concerns that will determine the fate of our entire cvilisation. Politcial correctnes, moral relativism, man hating and reality denying radical feminism and mass unregulated immigration. All of these these challenges are creation of the far left regressive liberal brigade which is bent on destroying every important pillar that hods society together.

Feminism managed to destroy the home by asserting that women needed to be liberated from their roles as mothers and caregivers. It wedded women to the state instead of their husbands and successfuly undermine men at every turn esp. when it came to the custody rights of their children. Now feminism is obssessed with the fallacy that women in the west are oppressed and only reason that there aren't more women in certain male dominated fields is due to systematic oppression. The truth is feminism denies the reality that men and women are biologically predisposed to different behaviours and interests. As a result of this delusional thinking which includes the belief in gender pay gap myth genuine sexism and bigotry is being encouraged in education, politics, the media in the work place with the affirmative action. This is obviously a bigotry towards men now. This seeks to create gender quotas whereby women are placed in roles and positions they haven't earned. It undermines the importance of meritocracy and marginalises those men who geuninely worked hard fo rtheir positions. It's sexism against men. This kind of philosophy willlead young women to develop a sense of entitilement. It will teach the next generation that simply being a woman is enough to all they need to have what society deems to have the correct gentalia...

This will make women do far more harm than good. It's no surprise that we produced a generation of young millenials who demand safe spaces and protection against freedom of speech. They are infantalised and led by Marxist Ideology.

If women were  genuinely being paid less than men for doing the same job and same hours for same experience level, why would employers hire men, just hire women they are cheaper right apparently.

I made videos about how gender neutral bedrooms would be very definition of cultural naval-gazing. In one video I talked about how the latest obsession of teaching transgenderism being taught to school children would lead to significant psyhological damage and confusion in later life. For this I have been labeled all the usual classic smears, bigot, transphobic even homophobic...

After saying all that he starts talking about freedom of speech and right of other groups expressing their opnions. LOL And I got bored.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on March 22, 2016, 06:38:01 AM
No.
This. As a historian I always get a chuckle out of these threads.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

If the data I've seen is accurate, the world seems to be a less violent place today than it has been historically, but from my perspective, there are way too many people that still default to violence in an attempt to control or impose their will on others.  I would not assume that a drift towards peace and compassion is a natural trend.  It would be nice of course, but it's not a guarantee.  It's like the footnote on every financial prospectus: "Past results are not a guarantee of future performance."

drunkenshoe

Demographics. Too many people.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

josephpalazzo

Society may collapse one day but not because someone from the Right says so. And I can imagine that there are people on the Left who would also indulge into this kind of rhetoric.

The Egyptians didn't know their civilizations would collapse one day, neither the Romans nor the Incas. We shouldn't dismiss all harbingers of gloom, but just as important, we need to be vigilant that we don't fall into a reckless mindset.

Atheon

No. Zombies haven't taken over the world yet.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Atheon on March 22, 2016, 09:45:29 AM

Another reason to watch TWD... just in case.

:twisted:

GSOgymrat

Society isn't collapsing but it sounds like this guy's little world might be.

Thanks, Drunkenshoe for transcribing so I did have to waste time.

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2016, 07:25:58 AM
This. As a historian I always get a chuckle out of these threads.
But, we have nuclear weapons now!  Wouldn't you agree that the weapons we have today are the most destructive in all of history (Thank my JW friend for this one)?  Of course you would!  That PROVES beyond doubt that the world is degrading and we are LIVING IN THE END TIMES!...well, so long as you don't imagine yourself being asked this question 200 years ago when the answer would still be "yes"...or 500 years ago....or 1,000 years ago....any point in history, really.
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on March 22, 2016, 09:45:29 AM
And when they do, they'll still mow their lawns and keep the streets tidy. I know this, I've seen it on TV.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on March 22, 2016, 12:58:57 PM
But, we have nuclear weapons now!  Wouldn't you agree that the weapons we have today are the most destructive in all of history (Thank my JW friend for this one)?  Of course you would!  That PROVES beyond doubt that the world is degrading and we are LIVING IN THE END TIMES!...well, so long as you don't imagine yourself being asked this question 200 years ago when the answer would still be "yes"...or 500 years ago....or 1,000 years ago....any point in history, really.
Um, don't give in to hysteria, even if it's hip and trendy.
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2016, 02:25:51 PM
Um, don't give in to hysteria, even if it's hip and trendy.
But, what if it makes me feel super, duper special?  Like "I can have any girl I want even though I'm round and unattractive because I'm so super cool" special?  Can I give into hysteria then?
This sentence is a lie...