Trump's Ideology; Violence and Nationalism

Started by Shiranu, March 20, 2016, 02:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I have said it before... when Trump (hopefully) loses, these people are not going to go away, they have always been here and he is just the first mainstream candidate to tap into them. I don't buy that this is some anomaly as I grew up around people who buy into his violent ideology... I have been aware of them in some form since I was at least still in middle school.

Trump's success is built on a much larger issue within American society rather than just an odd cult of personality who is getting his minutes of fame.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

George Washington's message is violent to the core ... he personally started the French & Indian war, fought in it and was forced to surrender to the French when he tried to save General Braddock's ill fated column.  He showed up to the Continental Congress in uniform, not dressed like Gandhi.  Then he went off and fought a violent war against his king (because they wouldn't make him a proper officer and gentleman in the British army), attacked the Hessians when they were sleeping off their Christmas Eve party.  Later he led the coup of 1787 ... when the Constitutional Convention was formed (it was a bloodless coup).  And as President he led his troops against American citizens in the Whiskey Rebellion.

Being violent to the core is American ... just ask either side in the Civil War, or Native Americans or African Americans.  Hello, peace prize Obama?

If any President, not just Lincoln, led troops against the American people, he/she would be imitating George Washington (and Lincoln).

Not that I approve electoral violence ... but I dispute fantasy versions of American character.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.